Thread: Oly OMD Em5 -> Canon 6D

Default Oly OMD Em5 -> Canon 6D

Currently I have Olympus OMD EM5, Oly 12-50mm, and PanaLeica 25mm f1.4.

Most of the time I take portrait shots.

But I am thinking of changing to a Canon 6D with 24-105 f4 L, and maybe getting another Canon 50mm f1.4 lens.

But I am unable to make up my mind on whether I should or should not change. Can someone here kindly give me some advice.

I have billingham hadley pro bag, can I fit a Canon 6D into this bag?

May be you should share with us why you have this thought? They are always pros and cons of each system. You should select what fits u most, with trade-off which is still acceptable to you.

Default Re: Oly OMD Em5 -> Canon 6D

Quote Originally Posted by Henryks View Post
    I have billingham hadley pro bag, can I fit a Canon 6D into this bag?
    It will fit snugly with a bit of a bulge. I've seen people use it with their 5Ds.

The photo below contains:

Canon 5D Mark II with 17-40mm f/4L
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L
    Spare battery
    Spare memory card
    2 waterproof camera covers

via: http://jonadair.co.uk/post/608700615...st-impressions

But I am thinking of changing to a Canon 6D with 24-105 f4 L, and maybe getting another Canon 50mm f1.4 lens.
    But I am unable to make up my mind on whether I should or should not change. Can someone here kindly give me some advice.
    What exactly do you expect (or know) the 6D to deliver that your current setup cannot? Nail it down based on your shooting, come up with hard facts and not just "If feel that ..". (The only feeling that matters is the feeling when holding and operating the camera. But that should not come first.)
    Keep in mind: equipment makes only a minor portion of the image, so why do you spend so much energy (and maybe money) on that small part?
    EOS

Agree with Octarine that you should ask yourself what exactly you are expecting from the 6D that your current gears wont be providing. Any ways that you can achieve it on your current gears?
    In the eyes of the beholder!

Holding on to 6D gives me a better grip and feel, but the EM5 is smaller and lighter. The 6D has a bigger sensor size and the image turns out nicer than the m4/3...

I realized that my EM5 has problem focusing when using C-AF, and I understand that using a DSLR the focusing will be better than mirrorless.

Holding on to 6D gives me a better grip and feel, but the EM5 is smaller and lighter. The 6D has a bigger sensor size and the image turns out nicer than the m4/3...

I realized that my EM5 has problem focusing when using C-AF, and I understand that using a DSLR the focusing will be better than mirrorless.
    That's why I said there are always pros and cons of each system. Choose what you like most, with the trade-off that is still acceptable.

There is dual pixel CMOS AF, just like 70D, which is good in AF tracking and live view focus.
    Last edited by bllimus; 4th April 2014 at 09:55 AM.

So you prefer big and light? Is there an additional battery grip for the EM5?
    In which way does the bigger sensor affect your images?
    How are the EM5 pictures 'less nice' than those of 6D? How exactly did you compare? (I hope you didn't just peek at the review image at camera display.)
    Have a look at Sony's SLT systems to see the possible focusing speed for a system without flipping mirror (as comparison to 6D).
    EOS