Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking new lens

won't it cause damage to the camera if u remove the lens while the camera is still on?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Yes..

Afterwhich, you can stop down to minimum aperture (usually F22) and remove the lense while depressing the dof preview button. This will lock the aperture blades in place and you can inspect the blades for oil..

Don't worry, the blades won't be stuck. Simply replace the lense onto the body and the blades will move out to wide open again. It happens even if your camera is in 'L' mode.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    won't it cause damage to the camera if u remove the lens while the camera is still on?
    Well, I've done that countless of times, on other's cameras & lenses that is... hee

Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    No.. Even the operator of Camera Hospital says it's okay to do so...

Deregistered

As paraphrased off another forum.

Don't be too concerned with nitty bitty details. You end up not enjoying your purchase, you become enslaved to it, rather than it becoming your slave

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    As paraphrased off another forum.

Don't be too concerned with nitty bitty details. You end up not enjoying your purchase, you become enslaved to it, rather than it becoming your slave
    Well said.. Well said.....
    Last edited by kennyleong; 4th July 2005 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFly
    Aside from the physical checks, it is important to take some test shots. Even highly regarded lens from Nikon or Canon, et al have manufacturing issues and a lemon or two that escaped quality control.

cheers
    I think if you are using D SLR, you can try test shots, but not for film users like me right????
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Yes..

Afterwhich, you can stop down to minimum aperture (usually F22) and remove the lense while depressing the dof preview button. This will lock the aperture blades in place and you can inspect the blades for oil..

Don't worry, the blades won't be stuck. Simply replace the lense onto the body and the blades will move out to wide open again. It happens even if your camera is in 'L' mode.
    Thanks firefox, this is something new to me. So I must make sure there is no oil on the blade.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12