Thread: Fireworks at chinatown?

Default Fireworks at chinatown?

Read somewhere that there will be some fireworks down at chinatown on CNY eve.

Does anyone know if it's confirmed? If so, any idea what time it will take place and where the location is? Thinking of going to do some last min shopping and photo taking

Default Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

Originally posted by taicw
    Read somewhere that there will be some fireworks down at chinatown on CNY eve.

Does anyone know if it's confirmed? If so, any idea what time it will take place and where the location is? Thinking of going to do some last min shopping and photo taking
    I only know there will be fireworks at the Singapore River Hong Bao at midnight tonite. But you _might_ be able to see it from Chinatown. I don't think they will fire it from both locations as it's going to be costly.

At chinatown, there will be the lighting up of a 3m long (electronic) firecracker.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

Originally posted by ckiang

I only know there will be fireworks at the Singapore River Hong Bao at midnight tonite. But you _might_ be able to see it from Chinatown. I don't think they will fire it from both locations as it's going to be costly.

At chinatown, there will be the lighting up of a 3m long (electronic) firecracker.

Regards
    CK
    Ah ok! Thanks, looks like i need to adjust my schedule a bit, drop by river hong bao at midnight liao.

Any idea where's a good spot to snap the fireworks and any tips on the settings for the camera to shoot fireworks?

Default Re: Re: Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

Originally posted by taicw

Ah ok! Thanks, looks like i need to adjust my schedule a bit, drop by river hong bao at midnight liao.

Any idea where's a good spot to snap the fireworks and any tips on the settings for the camera to shoot fireworks?
    I am also looking for the good spot. I have no idea where it is fired from, most likely from the marina area, just like in the NDP. For fireworks, you can try 2 methods:

1. Use tripod, f/8 or f/11, and long exposure. Set shutter on "B" and open the shutter for a couple of bursts. This will give you streaks of light for the fireworks.

2. Handheld, set a wide aperture (e.g. f/4), set shutter to 1/15 or so and shoot. For this, you will get small blobs.

Here are two articles by our master Jed Wee on shooting fireworks:-

http://www.clubsnap.org/articles/fireworks.htm
    http://www.essence-of-light.com/fireworks.htm

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

Originally posted by ckiang

Regards
    CK
    if want to take from Chinatown.. go to the 24storeys flat