Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Fireworks at chinatown?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northen Singapore
    Posts
    407

    Default Fireworks at chinatown?

    Read somewhere that there will be some fireworks down at chinatown on CNY eve.

    Does anyone know if it's confirmed? If so, any idea what time it will take place and where the location is? Thinking of going to do some last min shopping and photo taking

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

    Originally posted by taicw
    Read somewhere that there will be some fireworks down at chinatown on CNY eve.

    Does anyone know if it's confirmed? If so, any idea what time it will take place and where the location is? Thinking of going to do some last min shopping and photo taking
    I only know there will be fireworks at the Singapore River Hong Bao at midnight tonite. But you _might_ be able to see it from Chinatown. I don't think they will fire it from both locations as it's going to be costly.

    At chinatown, there will be the lighting up of a 3m long (electronic) firecracker.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northen Singapore
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

    Originally posted by ckiang


    I only know there will be fireworks at the Singapore River Hong Bao at midnight tonite. But you _might_ be able to see it from Chinatown. I don't think they will fire it from both locations as it's going to be costly.

    At chinatown, there will be the lighting up of a 3m long (electronic) firecracker.

    Regards
    CK
    Ah ok! Thanks, looks like i need to adjust my schedule a bit, drop by river hong bao at midnight liao.

    Any idea where's a good spot to snap the fireworks and any tips on the settings for the camera to shoot fireworks?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

    Originally posted by taicw


    Ah ok! Thanks, looks like i need to adjust my schedule a bit, drop by river hong bao at midnight liao.

    Any idea where's a good spot to snap the fireworks and any tips on the settings for the camera to shoot fireworks?
    I am also looking for the good spot. I have no idea where it is fired from, most likely from the marina area, just like in the NDP. For fireworks, you can try 2 methods:

    1. Use tripod, f/8 or f/11, and long exposure. Set shutter on "B" and open the shutter for a couple of bursts. This will give you streaks of light for the fireworks.

    2. Handheld, set a wide aperture (e.g. f/4), set shutter to 1/15 or so and shoot. For this, you will get small blobs.

    Here are two articles by our master Jed Wee on shooting fireworks:-

    http://www.clubsnap.org/articles/fireworks.htm
    http://www.essence-of-light.com/fireworks.htm

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Re: Fireworks at chinatown?

    Originally posted by ckiang


    I only know there will be fireworks at the Singapore River Hong Bao at midnight tonite. But you _might_ be able to see it from Chinatown. I don't think they will fire it from both locations as it's going to be costly.

    At chinatown, there will be the lighting up of a 3m long (electronic) firecracker.

    Regards
    CK
    if want to take from Chinatown.. go to the 24storeys flat

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Under your skin
    Posts
    533

    Default


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •