Thread: Now cannot kill nearly 1000 whales each year for "research"

Default Now cannot kill nearly 1000 whales each year for "research"

How Japan managed to pull it off for some many decades. It is a blatant bare faced lie that they kill whales for "research".
    Must learn from them.
    Did they bribe the international governing body for past few decades?

Well finally good sense prevailed.

But by this time almost all the whales have been massacred for eating. Very few left.
    Whale meat is very expensive in Japan.

Someone was boasting to me about how he was entertained in BKK by big timer who ordered whale meat in a Japanese restaurant; and the whole restaurant's customers went like - wow! so expensive - must be VIP guest.

World court rules Japan's whaling not for scientific ends, revokes permits
    Last edited by ricohflex; 31st March 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Default Re: Now cannot kill nearly 1000 whales each year for "research"

What would Japanese replace the whale meat in sushi?

Duck meat?

Damn right it's about time. I suspect it was only via strong lobbying that the Japanese managed to continue hunting whales for 'education' purposes. I mean that's what lobbying groups in the States do too right? Stuff like the right to own a gun. It's just a matter of who has more resources to lobby for their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Damn right it's about time. I suspect it was only via strong lobbying that the Japanese managed to continue hunting whales for 'education' purposes. I mean that's what lobbying groups in the States do too right? Stuff like the right to own a gun. It's just a matter of who has more resources to lobby for their cause.
    Oh noes, i hope some association for plankton rights lobby to reinstate the killings!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    What would Japanese replace the whale meat in sushi?

Duck meat?
    Vegetarian whale meat made from soy gluten.

Just like vegetarian duck meat is made.

Last edited by ricohflex; 1st April 2014 at 12:17 AM.

Another delicacy beats the dust. Abit regret didn't try in Japan. After watching Daejangeum as a kid I always wanted to give it a try.

Ethnic food will remain ethnic food and the west will never admit that they are biased against what type of meat is ethically "ethical" to consume. Obviously the Japanese are giving excuses for the fishing of whales, they try to digress the issue but end up being put on the podium and scorned by the west, as with many other cases in asia. But with that said who doesn't give excuses when it comes to chomping down your favorite forbidden food.

Put it crudely, the whales had a better life than most livestock before being slaughtered. If it is a matter of wildlife conservation, let WWF & other related agencies decide. So choose either evil or just go vegetarian, let hypocrisy end. You mean the massive amount of maguro blackfin tuna they slaughter daily & millions of japanese & foreigners gobble down daily is not as equally horrendous?

I have had dog meat as a compulsary treat by my buddies several times in Vietnam. I think mostly "free-ranging", no wonder so delicious.

I am not advocate of killing & meat eating, but like those recent ads at the MRT station...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

At last... its over... no more hunting in the name of 'research'....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Now you know why their Sushi or Shashimi is so good? They probably sapu all the best catch in the Pacific Ocean