Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl's Best "Friend"

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    your light is too strong and you need reflectors to add some colour to the band.
    the yellow light makes the band look like yellow gold, instead of its natural colour.

to make the diamond sparkle, your led light must reflect off the facets of the diamond and not through it.

highly relfective surfaces are difficult to light, if there is no light it will turn to black and it will reflect everything around it.

Truely words of wisdom, I realized my mistake on the warm lights but I could not off it as my family were sharing the living room. The most difficult area is getting the diamond itself to sparkle, this might be due to inadequate lighting equip to properly do it. And yes u are right, after many trials shifting the lights and flash, many shots of the diamond were dark and dull. Will try this shot again in future.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    OT, but I have to say this for all MANkind.

Diamonds are actually worthless. They are not rare, they are not attractive, their values are inflated. There is no tradition that a diamond is the best thing for an engagement. It's all a marketing scheme.

Go google "deBeers marketing tactics". All you need to do is spread the knowledge.

I agree with you except that even I find the stone attractive. Man are suckers when it comes to tieing the knot, but c'mon, if your wife-to-be likes it, why not? Although the idea of presenting her a D2X would be more practical but it ain't romantic right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I agree with you except that even I find the stone attractive. Man are suckers when it comes to tieing the knot, but c'mon, if your wife-to-be likes it, why not? Although the idea of presenting her a D2X would be more practical but it ain't romantic right?
    Wow.... "blink"! "blink"! = ROMANTIC!! Sjourn---> <---Yamlo

y dun they have a engagement present for the guys also?

anyway we both suckers... hehhee... cos i dun even know the diff between the color or the size... so go in the shop, den she choose, i pay, den we go...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Aiya, if your wife get you a D2X, cfm u'll like it wat. It's also more practical than showing off a stone.

the idea tat a guy breaks his wallet n bank to get a useless piece of stone for the woman he loves is indeed very romantic....

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    the idea tat a guy breaks his wallet n bank to get a useless piece of stone for the woman he loves is indeed very romantic....
    when your other half starts poking at you, you only have 2 options ...

a) yes dear
    b) yes dear

ayo, now u post girl's best friend, lots of the guys will suffer pocket burn liao
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

A word of advice, never post these type of pics in a female dominated forum. If u do, hope their husbands dun come after u with a parang..

Ah... Posting a D2X here is a no no too... will cause BUY BUY BUY epidemic...

female dominated forum? I thought the ratio was more 10:1...

When u ask wify for D2X:

hubby: Dear I wanna D2X

Wife: Orh...ok lor...DiamondsX2 issit, sure no problem..

hubby:

I thought best friend is always handphone. Anyway, I would prefer more sparkle and light on the diamond. The photo mood seems a bit sad.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    OT, but I have to say this for all MANkind.

Diamonds are actually worthless. They are not rare, they are not attractive, their values are inflated. There is no tradition that a diamond is the best thing for an engagement. It's all a marketing scheme.

Go google "deBeers marketing tactics". All you need to do is spread the knowledge.
    Aha! Someone who knows what he's talking about I first learned this a few years back but already too late by then... Please! The worth is all in the hype, marketing hype!!

not my best friend. the hardest stone in the world isnt the hardest material though. it does tarnish. and devalute...waste money. hahahahahaha.

mmm..IMHO, although it's the non-value and been hyped up so much so that breaks the bank and all, it still represents somekind of emotional comfort/security/meaning for the person as she wears it around her finger.

aie, i meant no insult. yes the diamond ring is a very emotionally significant symbol. was merely airing my personal views yet still, if someone were to give me one, i'd still feel crazily happy.

i'm sure your wife loved the present and the assertiveness of your love for her.

tat depends on really how big u buy... some ppl not satisfied with a 0.xx ones... they wan x.xx kind... haiz...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

two words,

Cubic Zirconia

two words,

Cubic Zirconia
    lol

two words,

Cubic Zirconia

Wonder if ladies would be able to tell the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by candy
    aie, i meant no insult. yes the diamond ring is a very emotionally significant symbol. was merely airing my personal views yet still, if someone were to give me one, i'd still feel crazily happy.

i'm sure your wife loved the present and the assertiveness of your love for her.

None taken. My wify does not need all these, it's always me pestering to give her gifts that's what makes me love her more..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast