Thread: Canon CP-200 personal 4R printers available in Singapore?

Default Canon CP-200 personal 4R printers available in Singapore?

Hello,

I was trying to search for the Canon personal dye-sub printers (e.g. CP-200) but I couldn't find them on hwz. Does anyone know if any shops carry these personal 4R size printers? If anyone is using these printers, I would like to hear your opinion on it as well, thanks!

Wenyao

You mean the Selphy series ? I got mine from MS Colour At AMK at $199 I think. Tested some prints direct from camera - opinion is so-so quality. Could be some reasons for it but did not have time to test it further.

hello redbaron,
    could you elaborate a little on the so-so quality? I was under the impression that dyesub printers will produce better quality than the inkjets?

Thanks,
    Wenyao

Colours quite muted compared to those sent for printing. Could be due to other factors which I've not explored yet. Maybe other people with this printer can comment.

Anyway, I don't expect such a low cost printer to have high performance. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron1963
    Colours quite muted compared to those sent for printing. Could be due to other factors which I've not explored yet. Maybe other people with this printer can comment.

Anyway, I don't expect such a low cost printer to have high performance. Just my opinion.
    Think you have to doing touch up and try and error....i go a cp400 recently and after doing a bit of ps i printed and test print and find that the output can be similar to the one i sent to labs for printing in penisular....similar only (cant expect a $169 printer to fight with the $300k ones..lolx)

Quote Originally Posted by Den01
    Think you have to doing touch up and try and error....i go a cp400 recently and after doing a bit of ps i printed and test print and find that the output can be similar to the one i sent to labs for printing in penisular....similar only (cant expect a $169 printer to fight with the $300k ones..lolx)
    Hi Den01,
    where did you get the cp400 for $169? very interested

Thanks,
    wenyao

Got the printer actually for my wifey and kids to print direct from a P&S instead of from a computer. Cost of printing is quite low and easy to use. Not bad for the intended usage. Will try to see how good it can be.

I think mine is $169 also for the CP400

Just got mine today from ms color at 169. I see what you mean by the slightly washed out color. I found that if I set the print preferences in Photoshop to "No Color Management" and set bump up the saturation slider in the printer driver by 1-2 notches, it gets me pretty accurate and nice colors that I see on screen.

If I use the "Leave it to Printer" or "Leave it to Photoshop" settings, the colors don't look very right.

All-in-all, it prints printly nicely, though the paper is more matt-looking than glossy. One also has to tear off the perforated edges after printing which may be of a hassle if you're printing in bulk. The print quality can't really match that of a dedicated photo printer (I had the Epson R200 previously), but for quick family prints, it is well worth it, and relatively cheap too.

I bought the 108pc pk for $30, and a 36pc pk was already included in the bundle, which makes it 20.83c per pc initially. After that, with the 108pc pk only, it is 27.8c per pc, which is quite comparable to the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by nutek
    Hi Den01,
    where did you get the cp400 for $169? very interested

Thanks,
    wenyao
    The CP 200 is an old model already. Now newest is the CP400/500/600.... To buy the CP400 at 169, u would need to buy an camera/camcorder first. Check out canon website for the promo details....

btw if u buy just the printer it would cost 249.

The quality is abit on the blue-cast side which makes the print out abit pale leh...in my humble opinion...never try PSing before printing...

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    The CP 200 is an old model already. Now newest is the CP400/500/600.... To buy the CP400 at 169, u would need to buy an camera/camcorder first. Check out canon website for the promo details....

btw if u buy just the printer it would cost 249.

The quality is abit on the blue-cast side which makes the print out abit pale leh...in my humble opinion...never try PSing before printing...

Erm some places they ley you buy at 169..regardless of the purchase options