Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSLR that use AA (double A) Batteries?

Default DSLR that use AA (double A) Batteries?

Hi ALL,

I'm new to DSLR, mostly use compact.
    i'm looking for DSLR that use AA batteries...... wonder if there's any model that take AA batteries? either the body itself or the battery grip that accept AA batteries will be great.

hope someone can advice.

Rgds
    Newperson

fuji S3pro.

Blog Entries

or the s2 pro.

or the D100, but with the optional battery tray.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Canon 20D and 350D accepts AA in the battery grip.

guys, thks.
    will check on those model at BUY & SELL

take ONLY AA as option... Fuji... heheh... otherwise most with battery grip will have an option.

btw why is using AA a criteria? it doesn't really last that long... maybe only Fuji.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

thks.
    cos travel a lot so in case orginal battery low. just buy normal AA to use.

Do you mean all/most DSLR battery grip take AA battery? EOS 30D also?

Rgds
    Jacky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newperson
    hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

thks.
    cos travel a lot so in case orginal battery low. just buy normal AA to use.

Do you mean all/most DSLR battery grip take AA battery? EOS 30D also?

Rgds
    Jacky
    no. not all. only some models of DSLRs come with the optional AA battery tray. do note. its only meant to be used in emergency cases. the AA batteries do not give enuf juice to shoot for long in cams like the D100. if u really want dedicated AA-only DSLRs, its the s2 pro, s2 pro and s3 pro. even then, the s1 and s2 use CR123 batts together with AA. only the s3 is using AA.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Deregistered

All three - S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro can, and do, use only AA batteries without needing the CR123s. For the S1/S2, the optional CR123s are to power the pop-up flash.

For the S2/S3, a charged set of Sanyo2500's can last easily 400-500 shots. Of course, persistent use of LCD for reviewing the shots can help dain the batts a bit. Likewise the use with VR lenses.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    or the s2 pro.

or the D100, but with the optional battery tray.
    The tray's usage is optional but the tray comes with the MB-D100.

Quote Originally Posted by newperson
    Hi ALL,

I'm new to DSLR, mostly use compact.
    i'm looking for DSLR that use AA batteries...... wonder if there's any model that take AA batteries? either the body itself or the battery grip that accept AA batteries will be great.

hope someone can advice.

Rgds
    Newperson
    Minolta 7D

Check ebay for the prices of name brand non AA batteries for the other cameras, I guarentee you come out better that way........AA's dont last long.

Nobody here mentioned the great little Pentax *ist DS?
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Nobody here mentioned the great little Pentax *ist DS?
    I was about to say that...

d70 with the jenis grip can use 6x AA batts

Hi ALL,

Thks for the friendly & expert adivce
    will go look out for this DSLR.

Rgds
    Jacky

Quote Originally Posted by jj1987
    Check ebay for the prices of name brand non AA batteries for the other cameras, I guarentee you come out better that way........AA's dont last long.
    er... sorry don't get you adivce....
    go ebay to check for DSLR that use AA batteries? or to look for AA batteries?

Rgds
    Jacky

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    All three - S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro can, and do, use only AA batteries without needing the CR123s. For the S1/S2, the optional CR123s are to power the pop-up flash.

For the S2/S3, a charged set of Sanyo2500's can last easily 400-500 shots. Of course, persistent use of LCD for reviewing the shots can help dain the batts a bit. Likewise the use with VR lenses.
    Hi Azure,

My understanding is that S1/S2 Pro need the CR123s to power the camera engine and AA is to power the digital circult, you need both in order for the camera to work. Just confirmed with my S1 Pro, it needs both batteries to work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702
    My understanding is that S1/S2 Pro need the CR123s to power the camera engine and AA is to power the digital circult, you need both in order for the camera to work. Just confirmed with my S1 Pro, it needs both batteries to work.
    my understanding is that the CR123s are used for the built-in flash as well as the AF on the S2pro (not sure about the S1pro/S3pro). without the CR123s, the built-in / pop-up flash will not work (no power), however, power for AF will be diverted from the AA batts.

so, the s2pro can work with the 4xAA alone (without the 2xCR123 batts), but the batts will not last as long becuase "additional" power is used from the AAs to power the AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK
    my understanding is that the CR123s are used for the built-in flash as well as the AF on the S2pro (not sure about the S1pro/S3pro). without the CR123s, the built-in / pop-up flash will not work (no power), however, power for AF will be diverted from the AA batts.

so, the s2pro can work with the 4xAA alone (without the 2xCR123 batts), but the batts will not last as long becuase "additional" power is used from the AAs to power the AF.
    correct!

actually it should last "long" enuff. So long as u have an extra set of AAs, should last a day of shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast