Thread: transparencies and negatives

Default transparencies and negatives

Hello all, I have to be the worst newbie of all. And besides, I pretty much know nuts about photography except that I like to mess around and take pictures randomly.
    I have a question:
    What's a transparency? I was asked to submit a print or a transparency for some project, if I used a digital camera. and I did. So what is it...?

Transparency means a slide, as in using slide film to shoot and then send it to a studio for processing. Print just means either you shoot using a negative film, and have it printed to 10R or whatever size they need you to submit it in.

If you use digital camera, a print simply means to get your picture printed on the printer. Again, you can send it to a photo studio / shop to get this printed out unless you have yr own printer at home. Do take note if you are submitting for competitions that they usually specify a size for you to submit it in.

(Usually 4R will not be larg enuff !)

Hope this helps.

Default trans

transparency is a slide.
    digicam does not produce slides.
    the printer can produce prints from the digital image file.

Quote Originally Posted by wsw62
    Transparency means a slide, as in using slide film to shoot and then send it to a studio for processing. Print just means either you shoot using a negative film, and have it printed to 10R or whatever size they need you to submit it in.

If you use digital camera, a print simply means to get your picture printed on the printer. Again, you can send it to a photo studio / shop to get this printed out unless you have yr own printer at home. Do take note if you are submitting for competitions that they usually specify a size for you to submit it in.

(Usually 4R will not be larg enuff !)

Hope this helps.
    yes it did. thanks