Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: artistic picture of some people.

Default artistic picture of some people.

What do you think?

Default Re: artistic picture of some people.

The attention seems to be more on the pillar in the 2nd image. Actually for both images, just that the focus is on different pillars due to the crop.. You could try a better angle.. Try to keep your images simple, as few distractions as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dura77 View Post
    The attention seems to be more on the pillar in the 2nd image. Actually for both images, just that the focus is on different pillars due to the crop.. You could try a better angle.. Try to keep your images simple, as few distractions as possible.
    if i crop the pillar out of the second pic would it be better?

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    if i crop the pillar out of the second pic would it be better?
    Not much can be done for this photo I guess.. Even if you crop out the pillar there's still a horizontal bar in the way. And the little girl is already out of frame. I think it would be potentially better if you had taken this photo from the bus stop towards the temple(?) with the flags in the background to add some interest.. Just my 2 cents

Blog Entries

Don't find this picture artistic sorry.
    Aesthetically this picture also does not look good at all.
    There is no story behind the picture.
    Composition is terrible.
    Color is off.
    Technically execution is terrible.

Try harder next time.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 27th March 2014 at 01:41 AM.

Sorry but ill have to go with what daredevil has said...
    There is nothing artistic to see in this photo...
    There does not seem to be any sort of composition to the photo, even basic rules of photography composition are not present.
    And what is with the weird blue colour cast... Is your white balance off?

Deregistered

I'll have to go with dd123 as well, looks horrible.

Wow really artistic shots! A little too artistic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkersNg View Post
    Wow really artistic shots! A little too artistic IMO.

nice wooden doors.

Hi TS, may i know what is your view or purpose on this photo? Or what are you trying to let people see / understand your photo?

my attraction is mainly drawn to those pillars and not to any person/people.

the only thing I find nice in this picture is the flags.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Equipment not artistic enough.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

It took a lot of restraint not to draw comparisons to the Smurf movies...

What is the message you intend to convey through your picture?

There are a lot of things working against you in this frame:
    1) The tilt is there, but tbh it's not that important
    2) WB is off, resulting in the people and whole scene getting a heavy blue cast. Nothing wrong if you have a clear intention or purpose, but it isn't clear here. What do you intend to do with this artistic choice of painting the whole scene blue?
    3) What is so special about this moment that you chose to keep it? I see that you seem to think that the "hmmm I'm slightly creeped out" gaze from the woman is special since you attached a significant crop of the original photo.
    4) The bar is cutting the family (other than the short toddler/kid) into half. Usually a no-no.

All these are technicalities though - at the end of the day, what is your message? First you must know what you're trying to say. Then you try to tell your story to the viewers. If you don't know what story you are telling, then try to think about that first.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    It took a lot of restraint not to draw comparisons to the Smurf movies...

What is the message you intend to convey through your picture?

There are a lot of things working against you in this frame:
    1) The tilt is there, but tbh it's not that important
    2) WB is off, resulting in the people and whole scene getting a heavy blue cast. Nothing wrong if you have a clear intention or purpose, but it isn't clear here. What do you intend to do with this artistic choice of painting the whole scene blue?
    3) What is so special about this moment that you chose to keep it? I see that you seem to think that the "hmmm I'm slightly creeped out" gaze from the woman is special since you attached a significant crop of the original photo.
    4) The bar is cutting the family (other than the short toddler/kid) into half. Usually a no-no.

All these are technicalities though - at the end of the day, what is your message? First you must know what you're trying to say. Then you try to tell your story to the viewers. If you don't know what story you are telling, then try to think about that first.
    1.)What do you mean by tilt? The picture is tilted.

2.) WB was incadencent took the pic rather fast no chance to change.

3.) Yup she is the focus of the picture you can see i didn't take her directly but from the corner so if i crop the picture the rest of the picture can be removed.

4.) yup that is a pity.

She walked into my picture taking without stopping. No she did not appear in the picture because i was taking something higher up but i don't think you can see.

I decided to just take a pic of her for fun. I didn't change the WB so i decided to do it using gimp2 to do it. Seems like you cannot make it look warmer like an actual picture so passed it off as artistic.

Blog Entries

1.)What do you mean by tilt? The picture is tilted. 2.) WB was incadencent took the pic rather fast no chance to change. 3.) Yup she is the focus of the picture you can see i didn't take her directly but from the corner so if i crop the picture the rest of the picture can be removed. 4.) yup that is a pity. She walked into my picture taking without stopping. No she did not appear in the picture because i was taking something higher up but i don't think you can see. I decided to just take a pic of her for fun. I didn't change the WB so i decided to do it using gimp2 to do it. Seems like you cannot make it look warmer like an actual picture so passed it off as artistic.
    Wah again no time. That time is friend go off now is take pic too fast.

Facepalm.

What i guess the bros here can advise is to think before you shoot. Slow down and think about composition and your settings. if you rush and just anyhow shoot, how are you goin to convey that in your photos?

Get closer to your subject. think away round your limitation. If you crop the picture, you do realise theres a horizontal bar that is going across from left to right...

I decided to just take a pic of her for fun. I didn't change the WB so i decided to do it using gimp2 to do it. Seems like you cannot make it look warmer like an actual picture so passed it off as artistic.
    I hope you realize that photographs with strong artistic value are not just tagged "artistic" after a mistake is made. Otherwise I would post white and black frames and say that I was trying to shoot a picture of a cat, a dog, forget to adjust the manual settings so pass it off as artistic.

Well, at least it shouldn't be the case.

But it's up to you. Everyone has different goals in their hobby. If it pleases you to spend time snapping away, subsequently posting up the products of your labours on CS before writing posts in response to people's comments... That's also possibly a way of enjoying the hobby and I wish you good luck in it. Just a note that sometimes, an acknowledgement of people's comments will do. There is no need to engage them on every point made as you could end up sounding defensive. What's more important is that you take whatever you think is useful (keeping an open mind I hope) and incorporate it into your subsequent work. That's assuming that your intentions are to move forward photographically.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 27th March 2014 at 03:37 PM.

1.)What do you mean by tilt? The picture is tilted.

2.) WB was incadencent took the pic rather fast no chance to change.

3.) Yup she is the focus of the picture you can see i didn't take her directly but from the corner so if i crop the picture the rest of the picture can be removed.

4.) yup that is a pity.

She walked into my picture taking without stopping. No she did not appear in the picture because i was taking something higher up but i don't think you can see.

when a photo has some mistake, some time post production can help to salvage..

but when the attitude of photographer is bad, everything shows up in the photos, no amount of photoshop can fix that.

judging the amount of photos you post in the past few days, and the amount of excuses given.
    I will stop posting comment, since I've already said whatever I need to say.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I supported what others had said. The shown photos don't work for me. However, I think the photo can be saved yet.

I took the liberty to do a bit of editing with irfanview program. Of course it was not perfect... and I do not process good editing skills, but I think the new photo work for me. Instead of choosing a badly or totally out of focus object as the main subject, just use something that was in the focus... which is the door. And focus on the door.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast