Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 92 of 92

Thread: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Singapore named most expensive city to live in....... again ...... That's 2 years in a row.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  2. #82
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Singapore named most expensive city (for experts) to live in....... again ...... That's 2 years in a row.

    Here.....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  3. #83

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Here.....
    you mean expats leh

    anyway ppl missed out on a crucial part of the report:
    1. COE
    2. this survey was done before the recent appreciation of the swiss franc, and switzerland would have been most expensive if the survey was done now

  4. #84
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Singapore named most expensive city to live in....... again ...... That's 2 years in a row.
    Expensive for some.

    But for the common Singapore people this is still the world's cheapest and best place for Wanton noodle soup.

  5. #85
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Expensive for some. But for the common Singapore people this is still the world's cheapest and best place for Wanton noodle soup.
    That and Nikon equipment.

  6. #86
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    you mean expats leh

    anyway ppl missed out on a crucial part of the report:
    1. COE
    2. this survey was done before the recent appreciation of the swiss franc, and switzerland would have been most expensive if the survey was done now

    Thxs for the correction... depend too much in auto spell has its problem...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Expensive for some.

    But for the common Singapore people this is still the world's cheapest and best place for Wanton noodle soup.
    Only experts can find cheap wanton noodles here ..... but don't tell me that you are having it at every meal.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  8. #88

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    I am pretty sure M'sia is cheaper for both Nikon gear and noodles...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Expensive for some.

    But for the common Singapore people this is still the world's cheapest and best place for Wanton noodle soup.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    I am pretty sure M'sia is cheaper for both Nikon gear and noodles...
    I think MY is no longer that cheap.

    Recently I went to MY, Kluang. Bought can drink from a coffeeshop, cost me RM$2. its not cheap by MY standards.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I think MY is no longer that cheap.

    Recently I went to MY, Kluang. Bought can drink from a coffeeshop, cost me RM$2. its not cheap by MY standards.
    ....you are paying Expert .... I mean Expat pricing. ....Next time check with Sion first.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  11. #91
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I think MY is no longer that cheap.

    Recently I went to MY, Kluang. Bought can drink from a coffeeshop, cost me RM$2. its not cheap by MY standards.
    Buy drinks in MY from roadside stalls not from coffee shops:

    Last edited by Sion; 5th March 2015 at 02:29 PM.

  12. #92
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is Singapore getting too expensive for the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Only experts can find cheap wanton noodles here ..... but don't tell me that you are having it at every meal.
    Yes. 3 meals of cheap wanton noodle soup a day.


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •