Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible Photographer

Hi Kat,

Just got back from overseas and i just got to know that roy did not turn up last sat from this forum.

I am currently still trying to contact him but cannot get him yet. Wants to know wat happen also.

As to your accusations that i am irresponsible, I dun think that is fair to me.
    You changed your wedding date to another day when I am already booked for a wedding assignment. Out of goodwill, I got you another photographer when i could just simply forfeit the deposit as stated on the contract. I even gave you roy's online portfolio and contact number so that you will be satisfied with his works.

Now roy's the one who played you out. Not ME!!! He didn;t even inform anyone of us that he's not going to shoot on your wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_chris
    Hi Kat,

Just got back from overseas and i just got to know that roy did not turn up last sat from this forum.

I am currently still trying to contact him but cannot get him yet. Wants to know wat happen also.

You changed your wedding date to another day when I am already booked for a wedding assignment. Out of goodwill, I got you another photographer when i could just simply forfeit the deposit as stated on the contract. I even gave you roy's online portfolio and contact number so that you will be satisfied with his works.

Now roy's the one who played you out. Not ME!!! He didn;t even inform anyone of us that he's not going to shoot on your wedding!
    Perhaps you would like to clarify the lawsuit from Everafter since you are here to clear your name.

this the first time i hear of a red lettered day being ruined. Not fair for females...

Quote Originally Posted by jodie_tan
    this the first time i hear of a red lettered day being ruined. Not fair for females...
    not fair for the males too....

Hi Katherine,

Congratulations! May you have a blissful marriage.
    Sorry to hear what has happened. Pls think of the
    happy moments you have, cherish the love you
    share... forget the bad one.

lol...its a WEDDING!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    not fair for the males too....
    Not fair for honest and responsible freelance wedding photographers too.

I dun think I need to clarified anything further wrt everafter.

The matter has passed and albert has already forgiven me and let the matter rest.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Not fair for honest and responsible freelance wedding photographers too.
    It's shocking to hear of such news!

I dun think I need to clarified anything further wrt everafter.

The matter has passed and albert has already forgiven me and let the matter rest.
    The ripple effect is felt in the same profession...... too little, too late.

You;re entitled to your own views which doesn't bother me at all!

Hmms if its my wedding, I'll ensure that that photographer's dirty linen gets publicised everywhere. Its not funny to play a couple out. Big days comes once and for all to most couples.

On the safe side, its better to hire 2-3 photographers in case anything crops up. My friend's sister had 5 shooting on her big day. The result: Good Shots

This is so typical of irresponsible photographer. I hope you're not bothered by my view.

No but you have effect the rest in the same line as you. Wish you well.

On the safe side, its better to hire 2-3 photographers in case anything crops up. My friend's sister had 5 shooting on her big day. The result: Good Shots
    Not everyone is so rich or so KS to hire 5 photogs

Just to point another fact. It can get expensive to hire more than 1 photographer unless the price is very low.. but this in turn will kill the market. And another thing, if everyone believes in hiring 2-3 photographers, this just lowers the trust in photographers... but based on some irresponsible remarks... I can't blame the couples anymore.

now that your back, do you intend to continue to line of "goodwill" and help make the matter right between kat and roy? i mean it should be quite easy for you to reach him?

im presumming you recommened roy on account that you thought he was a good and reliable alternative - one which you might already know quite well.

Hi Kat,

IMHO....a responsible photographer should...
    1. remain contactable during the crucial run-in period just before the wedding day, just in case things don't go according to plan.
    2. ensure that his replacement photog contacts the wedding couple to finalise the logistics of the AD wedding shoot. and remain contactable at all times.
    3. contact the wedding couple 1st thing on the wedding day itself to make sure everything was ok and that the replacement photog actually shows up.
    4. accept at least part of the blame when the replacement photog fails to turn up (since he recommended the replacement photog to the wedding couple). as well as apologising to the wedding couple for the screw-up.
    Last edited by zaren; 29th June 2005 at 02:07 AM.

it seems from Kat's own post that KH had already gotten Roy to do the AD... and this has been further confirmed by KH himself.. I don't think that it is of KH's fault tt Roy didn't turn up... so perhaps you guys shld stop flaming him?

I';m wondering why hardly anyone mentioned about Roy's irresponsible behaviour? Let's not condemn the guy (KH) so quickly because of his past mistakes.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast