Thread: Army ration

Default Army ration

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tion-pack.html

I wonder how ours compare. Any idea? Haven't eaten dog biscuit in a long long time...

Long time no dog Biscuits Liao that's during my NS days. During my reservice they change to similar to the US MRE, very nice got Lor Mai Kai, pineapple fried rice, dessert is green or red bean soup etc during my time
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Default Re: Army ration

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tion-pack.html

I wonder how ours compare. Any idea? Haven't eaten dog biscuit in a long long time...
    Please read the article that you linked to, in detail. SAF's combat ration is described complete with photo.

Their pasta is good! Everyone sure cheong for this.
    "You will not be remembered for the gear you used, but by the photographs you created"

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Please read the article that you linked to, in detail. SAF's combat ration is described complete with photo.
    Oops Bak Chew Tar stamp... But not complete leh. And Szechuan chicken noodle? Real or not?

It is real.
    When I was doing reservist ICT already had hae-bee-hiam SAF combat rations.
    In future maybe SAF got chilli crab combat ration or black truffle lamb chop combat ration.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Oops Bak Chew Tar stamp... But not complete leh. And Szechuan chicken noodle? Real or not?
    The fancy names tend to disappoint, especially if you compare it to civilian food, but it is what it is. Provides energy in a ready to eat pack. Personal thoughts: The texture is usually off-putting as it's usually all mushy, but the flavours are alright if you have a strong imagination. I personally don't mind the combat rations and will even take additional packets from the guys who absolutely can't bring themselves to eat them. The desserts are actually fairly decent, even better when you can chill it in an icebox first.

SAF posted a photo of the complete pack on facebook:

via: https://www.facebook.com/oursingapor...levant_count=1

Still missing though, are instant noodles & solid fuel tablets – those are also issued.
    Last edited by kandinsky; 27th March 2014 at 11:49 AM.