Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do some members make their pictures look special

Default Re: How do some members make their pictures look special

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Nokia Lumia 1520.
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Your mobile phone is very good. No wonder my hp pictures suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    please share what wonderful mobile phone you are using to take such awesome photos
    Actually it really doesn't matter...

Below are photos taken from Samsung mobile phone by other users found on flickr (not mine)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3745/1...594d28f0_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7360/1...21435dbd_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5491/9...9687de4c_b.jpg

Well... see that as compared to TS,

http://i.imgur.com/sUHo2QO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FlUkGet.jpg

Not trying to put down anyone, just saying that TS should really learn his technique first before going into other stuffs. Do note that those photos I shown above... some are taken by Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile phone by users around the world. You can go to the Flickr site and check on S2 group and see some really fabulous photos. There is absolutely nothing wrong with TS equipment, it is his attitude and techniques that are wrong.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 26th March 2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Remove hot links to url links
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Anyway... just to join in to share some pics shot with lousy cameras...

shot with this... 5MP, ISO range 80-400. JPEG only. I think my current hp takes better pictures...

And yes... the camera, bought in 2004, is still working fine...
    Nice photo. But more importantly,
    Love your watermark!! Haha.

I jump on the bandwagon. These are shot on my iphone, processed with snapseed.

teenage love... by HakWee, on Flickr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NormanSelvaraju View Post
    Nice photo. But more importantly,
    Love your watermark!! Haha.
    Too retro already ya bro? LOL

Hmm... read some of TS thread... and he seemed bend that when people take good pic, that means they must have used excellent camera and gear.

(Took the undermentioned using a mobile phone)

Took the following using a free Sony WX7 after getting a new insurance policy

Couple with the few sites I have posted before, there are people using all sorts of cheapo gears to take great photos. It really didn't matter what gear you are using, as long as you know what you are doing. And it is not the sharpness or whatever in a photo that make your photo a great photo, it is the story that you could successfully tell that make a success in the photo you show.

Blaming it on gears, drooling after other people's gear is not going to get the photo out. It only show how immature some one is. Of course gears help, there is no way to shoot a closeup of something that would run/ fly/ crawl off easily without a telephoto lens, but by just getting that subject sharp means nothing....

Anyway, all these are for naught, bcos, I know TS will not listen. His mind is already set that others who take fabulous photos are all using incredible gears.
    I love your reply.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    My picture looks like what you see the bird with your bare eyes while his pic looks like it had special effects added i think and he managed to capture it in mid flight clearly must be very good equipment used.

Hi i see you have many threads and you are always blaming your camera but I think you have a very good camera just zero skills

You need to stop blaming the camera and realize the real problem is the one taking the pictures

Maybe this is not the right hobby for you because it seems you are unable to listen

Nokia Lumia 1520.
    awesome! I should totally get one like yours so I can be so pro! just like William Shakespeare had a super good quill that is how he became such a great writer! right? right?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by ElCarnicero View Post
    Hi i see you have many threads and you are always blaming your camera but I think you have a very good camera just zero skills

You need to stop blaming the camera and realize the real problem is the one taking the pictures

Maybe this is not the right hobby for you because it seems you are unable to listen
    noOoooo.
    thread starter should buy a 1DX or D3 with 70-200 2.8 lenses. that will surely make him a pro for sure.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

noOoooo.
    thread starter should buy a 1DX or D3 with 70-200 2.8 lenses. that will surely make him a pro for sure.
    Good idea then when he sees that his pictures are even worse because these cameras do even less default processing maybe i can buy it from him for very cheap jajaja

awesome! I should totally get one like yours so I can be so pro! just like William Shakespeare had a super good quill that is how he became such a great writer! right? right?
    But... I don't take photos as good as yours leh... soooo... you must be using great equipment and gear. Hmmm... I like this logic, so whenever I shot bad shots, just blame it on my equipment which are totally junk. When others like yourself shoot better photos than me... it must be your equipment, nothing to do with your skills.
    My lousy shots

noOoooo.
    Noooooo.... he should get the Leica S2... the D4S with Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8, 500mm f4 and 16-35mm. Then that should enable him to shoot much better photos then even Catchlight and Daredevil.
    My lousy shots

Noooooo.... he should get the Leica S2... the D4S with Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8, 500mm f4 and 16-35mm. Then that should enable him to shoot much better photos then even Catchlight and Daredevil.
    Yup with top end gear who needs skills, experience and patience?
    I also want all these so I can be better than DD and Uncle Ben
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Eh everyone , time to pause a bit la or else TS will file harassment charges already haha.

In summary, it as what I've shared in page 1.

Yes , equipment matters but only to a certain extent. What is more important is knowing how to maximize the equipment's ability aka understanding your tool. The rest is back to one's sense in composition and really , a bit of luck too. EP1 , EPL-1 are ancient cameras by today standards and see what they are capable of, not to even say handphone cameras. Practice is needed.

Hope TS understands this point. Even the fashion shop bosses I work with have never complained when I use a MFT instead of a FF camera when doing shoots.

Blog Entries

OK. I think TS got the message.

Time to close this thread and move on.

TS, put some effort into learning and practicing the craft. No one is born a great photographer. It is 5% talent and 95% hard work. Here are some resources you can start reading to start learning.

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/20...why-they-work/
    http://www.photographymad.com/pages/...position-rules

Thread closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123