Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do some members make their pictures look special

Default Re: How do some members make their pictures look special

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    Wrong comparison there because in the army everyone uses the same gun model during range. Not everyone uses the same camera model, brand etc. The comparison would be better if each soldier had a different kind of rifle/gun for range maybe some use ak47, sar, even pistol.
    Totally wrong. You are still bent on equipment rather than skills. Are you saying that, if I hand you a Canon 1DX or Nikon D4S or Sony A99 with a 500mm f4 lens, you could take photos that are much better than a... say... expert (who spent countless time and investment into training and learning) with a Canon 700D + 400mm f5.6 lens.

If you really think so... then you should save up and invest in better equipment. Then we can challenge some of the senior or pro here and see if you can actually beats them.

And from what I have read thus far, you do not even bother to read what others had mentioned and bent only on small little details. Have you seen the sites that I have pinned up? Those people are using super zoom and not DSLR... but they could capture BIF, very good birding shots, nature shots, etc.

A shot I have taken using the EPL1 + cheapo kit lens some years ago. Even I can take photo of this quality, I believe the people here can take much better photos if I hand them my EPL1 and kit lens. So it is not fair for you to claim what others had done because of their equipment.
    Last edited by rhino123; 25th March 2014 at 10:39 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

My picture looks like what you see the bird with your bare eyes while his pic looks like it had special effects added i think and he managed to capture it in mid flight clearly must be very good equipment used.
    IMHO, it is not good equipment per se but rather, it is having the right equipment.
    The right equipment makes it possible.
    It is not unusual that they would be costly which probably explains why they may be referred to as "good equipment".

Wrong comparison there because in the army everyone uses the same gun model during range. Not everyone uses the same camera model, brand etc. The comparison would be better if each soldier had a different kind of rifle/gun for range maybe some use ak47, sar, even pistol.
    the truth is everyone is using a 1 DX and you aren't. or is that what you tell yourself to compensate for not wanting to understand the fundamentals?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    A shot I have taken using the EPL1 + cheapo kit lens some years ago. Even I can take photo of this quality, I believe the people here can take much better photos if I hand them my EPL1 and kit lens. So it is not fair for you to claim what others had done because of their equipment.
    Do you think that a camera with a larger sensor that has a lens with a larger aperture and longer focal length could make the background more out of focus there by making the subject stand out even more ?

Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    Do you think that a camera with a larger sensor that has a lens with a larger aperture and longer focal length could make the background more out of focus there by making the subject stand out even more ?
    In theory... yes... it all depend on your DOF and the construction of your lens and camera and how you position yourself, the distance and angle of yourself to the subject... and when all else failed... there is always Photoshop.
    My lousy shots

In theory... yes... it all depend on your DOF and the construction of your lens and camera and how you position yourself, the distance and angle of yourself to the subject... and when all else failed... there is always Photoshop.
    The more expensive the lens the camera the tripod the memory card is, the better the photo will be

actually the simple way to make your camera look special is to use a 14mm or 200mm lens.

seriously. and then shoot many many shots. some of them is bound to look good

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    the truth is everyone is using a 1 DX and you aren't. or is that what you tell yourself to compensate for not wanting to understand the fundamentals?
    Why did you have to tell everyone our secret? I prefer to be known as a Sony guy. =)

I don't know the word to use

Take this picture taken by another member

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7223/...420c1d65_c.jpg

It looks quite differnt from my picture which is well a normal picture.

My picture looks like what you see the bird with your bare eyes while his pic looks like it had special effects added i think and he managed to capture it in mid flight clearly must be very good equipment used.
    Via effort. Equipment makes the job easier, if you know how to use it. But don't blame your equipment when the deal sours. Blame the one who pulled the trigger and do some self reflection.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

Hmm... read some of TS thread... and he seemed bend that when people take good pic, that means they must have used excellent camera and gear.

(Took the undermentioned using a mobile phone)

Took the following using a free Sony WX7 after getting a new insurance policy

Couple with the few sites I have posted before, there are people using all sorts of cheapo gears to take great photos. It really didn't matter what gear you are using, as long as you know what you are doing. And it is not the sharpness or whatever in a photo that make your photo a great photo, it is the story that you could successfully tell that make a success in the photo you show.

Blaming it on gears, drooling after other people's gear is not going to get the photo out. It only show how immature some one is. Of course gears help, there is no way to shoot a closeup of something that would run/ fly/ crawl off easily without a telephoto lens, but by just getting that subject sharp means nothing....

Anyway, all these are for naught, bcos, I know TS will not listen. His mind is already set that others who take fabulous photos are all using incredible gears.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Give him your 1DX and let him produce the special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    Give him your 1DX and let him produce the special effects.
    I can lend him mine..

the most important thing in any form of photography is to know what u are doing and what u want to achieve in a photo.
    these can be done using even the cheapest DSLR and lens(its important to use the right lens for any shoots),ofcourse the IQ comes out is different from those higher end equipments.
    but the thing is if u don't know what u want to achieve in a photo or how to control your camera but rather just flip it out and shoot hoping it can automatically produce nice photos then it is dead wrong because even if u have the best equipments,your photography skills will not improve automatically.

don't keep comparing with others works but rather go out and shoot and experience it.
    this is the best way to make yourself improve.

as u mentioned if everybody using the same gun but not everyone can get marksman.
    changing from a Taurus to AK47 won't automatically makes u a marksman too.

PS:i didn't know u are a newbie base on your date of registration..lol
    Last edited by Turbonetics; 26th March 2014 at 10:45 AM.

Hmm... read some of TS thread... and he seemed bend that when people take good pic, that means they must have used excellent camera and gear.

(Took the undermentioned using a mobile phone)

Took the following using a free Sony WX7 after getting a new insurance policy

Couple with the few sites I have posted before, there are people using all sorts of cheapo gears to take great photos. It really didn't matter what gear you are using, as long as you know what you are doing. And it is not the sharpness or whatever in a photo that make your photo a great photo, it is the story that you could successfully tell that make a success in the photo you show.

Blaming it on gears, drooling after other people's gear is not going to get the photo out. It only show how immature some one is. Of course gears help, there is no way to shoot a closeup of something that would run/ fly/ crawl off easily without a telephoto lens, but by just getting that subject sharp means nothing....

Anyway, all these are for naught, bcos, I know TS will not listen. His mind is already set that others who take fabulous photos are all using incredible gears.
    please share what wonderful mobile phone you are using to take such awesome photos
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Clearly your equipment not good enough. Just continue to buy the best equipment. Why do you think those guys hang out at camera shops all day long everyday if it doesnt improve their pictures?
    Last edited by sjackal; 26th March 2014 at 12:11 PM.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

this post by wang th

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=1#post8399251

His pics look like regular pictures too.
    His regular pictures might be prized by birders if they're of rare birds that are hard to capture.

sometimes it's not the photo, but whether you GOT the photo or not.

like some have mentioned, the right tools for the shot. you wouldn't be using your mobile phone, shooting from 50 meters away trying to snap that rare kingfisher, right?

similarly, some people may have the same rifle, but if their technique is wrong they'll end up hitting nothing.

but there are those with the correct technique, who can pick up almost any rifle and still get a headshot. it all boils down to your fundamentals and techniques, your years of experience and patience.

please share what wonderful mobile phone you are using to take such awesome photos
    Nokia Lumia 1520.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Nokia Lumia 1520.
    Your mobile phone is very good. No wonder my hp pictures suck.

Blog Entries

Anyway... just to join in to share some pics shot with lousy cameras...

shot with this... 5MP, ISO range 80-400. JPEG only. I think my current hp takes better pictures...

And yes... the camera, bought in 2004, is still working fine...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 26th March 2014 at 12:44 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast