Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker10
    there are 2 ways (might be more if think more imaginatively...

i. yes, there is a staircase on the other side (not directly opp tho, i think)
    ii. go up the bridge using the "usual" staircase, walk towards marina south end, go down the staircase there, cross under bridge and up the staircase on opp side

if shooting locaiton same as sat, then option i. is shorter (and brighter).
    Er? You mean there is no staircase on the Marina Square side and facing the fireworks? (ie..the part of the bridge which is at its highest point) Only got one access point from the Marina South side?
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

yes,i will be going,will be at same place.Do hope to see you guys around.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    yes,i will be going,will be at same place.Do hope to see you guys around.
    Haha alrighty...although I might not recognise you coz I dont remember looking at you directly to register your face. I was too distracted, and I only recall a "human presence" beside us!

I hope people here are not planning to go too early!

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Muahaha! Small world siah! But I think you asked my friends lah...not I. I was either busy advising another poor confused fella who was chatting with me over the same topic, or one of my friends who happened to bump into me AND asked the same damn question again.

I will be going again tonight, and quite likely to the exact same location. The noise around me actually adds to my video! You planning to go?
    Never try Overseas Union House?
    I was there with the others (you know who).....

Default confirm it is tonight right?

Hi guys can i confirm that there will be a show tonight at 12 midnight, it is now 8/8/2005 at 1430hrs, wife read newspaper and said it is on 8.8.95, 12am so by right i missed it already so which is which? please help

husaini

Quote Originally Posted by husaini
    Hi guys can i confirm that there will be a show tonight at 12 midnight, it is now 8/8/2005 at 1430hrs, wife read newspaper and said it is on 8.8.95, 12am so by right i missed it already so which is which? please help

husaini

heh....rest assure it be on tonight as in 9th August as the clock strike 12 midnight lah. I think it is a typo or they just was not good with expressing it.

The newspaper still mentioned the wrong location for the firework! hehe...Not to worry...tonight is the night at the midnight hour.

If I am wrong even I would be caught out when I am there at the ECP bridge too heheh...They screwed me on the location on the 6th August...they better not screw me on the Eve of National Day's Firework too! heh.

Cheers...

husaini
    nope, you have not missed it.. it should be 1159pm 080805...

husaini
    It's the midnight between 8 and 9 August.

thanks for all the help guys will be there but at the bank under the bridge on the side of ritz carlton, bringing kids so cant climb up the stairs.

thanks for all the help guys will be there but at the bank under the bridge on the side of ritz carlton, bringing kids so cant climb up the stairs.
    Are you driving? If not, you might want to consider the other side instead, since public transport will be available there past midnight?

yep me driving (see avatar) hope road not closed.

Under the bridge is not good enough for you to catch the entire firework display. Trust me....you need to walk further in right up to the point where the bay bends left. That is where you should be to catch the firework on the opposite bank. I was positioned at the top of the bridge at that point you are thinking of going and when the firework started....it caught me by surprise as it happend on the opposite bank ..so in turning my camera to the left..the trees along Marina Promenade Park block half my shots on the left!

As you are at the bottom of the bridge, you will find yourself blocks off as people start looking to the left and you will now have to aim your camera along the path way you walked in along... plus..the row of trees and over hanging branches as you aim up to catch the firework display will partially block your camera's view!.

Just a tip.....good luck.
    Last edited by sammy888; 8th August 2005 at 07:11 PM.

thanks unfortunately difficult to do serious photography with family in tow.. now maid also want to come along... haiya... but anyway the whole idea is to enjoy the event and thanks for the help, so far never had the guts to put my photos here.

thanks and hope to get there and if not then maybe next sunday.

Husaini

yep me driving (see avatar) hope road not closed.
    Hah road not closed. Enjoy then!

Thanks folks for all the help, managed to get to the bank facing the firing point but i was nearer the nicoll highway area so got mainly side profile... but kids had fun anyway (yes maid too) pics are ok only and the problem is the smoke that gets lighted up too.

thanks again now looking forward to 14th august

Thanks folks for all the help, managed to get to the bank facing the firing point but i was nearer the nicoll highway area so got mainly side profile... but kids had fun anyway (yes maid too) pics are ok only and the problem is the smoke that gets lighted up too.

thanks again now looking forward to 14th august
    I realise sometime back that there is no real good place, just have to make the best of a bad situation.. I mean location.

I was just somewhere 100m below and away from the bridge thinking the firings will be near where the Marina Carnival is and from my last fireworks outing I told myself not to position close to the firing site, thought I must learn from past lessons, this time have new lessons.

The crowd pre-fireworks all seated well behaved, the moment fireworks started people all jostling for a good view and thus alot of heads appears in most of my shots.

I didn't make any attempts to take previous pre-NDP fireworks but went yesterday, was surprised at the large crowd.

Anyway, have some shots still ok to save. May go again today... not satisfied with all the heads appearing in my photos.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    I realise sometime back that there is no real good place, just have to make the best of a bad situation.. I mean location.

I was just somewhere 100m below and away from the bridge thinking the firings will be near where the Marina Carnival is and from my last fireworks outing I told myself not to position close to the firing site, thought I must learn from past lessons, this time have new lessons.

The crowd pre-fireworks all seated well behaved, the moment fireworks started people all jostling for a good view and thus alot of heads appears in most of my shots.

I didn't make any attempts to take previous pre-NDP fireworks but went yesterday, was surprised at the large crowd.

Anyway, have some shots still ok to save. May go again today... not satisfied with all the heads appearing in my photos.

../azul123
    Bro, you also going.. to the bridge??

Quote Originally Posted by donchua
    Bro, you also going.. to the bridge??
    me going...!!! most likely..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

hey when you guys going please count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Yest
    hey when you guys going please count me in!
    Knn, PM you your PM box full.
    This Sunday want to go??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast