Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2005

I was at the corner of Marina Centre, fireworks was at an angle to me, not direct. Think ECP bridge or Marina South will be more direct.

Quote Originally Posted by rtbh
    I was at the corner of Marina Centre, fireworks was at an angle to me, not direct. Think ECP bridge or Marina South will be more direct.
    I was there too Are u the guy who missed the helicopter fly passed

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Anyway, if I may borrow ricleo's map from http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=144817:

That was more or less the approx location of the firing point (or line actually). I was just in front of this line of noisy and bright stalls, so it might not be that good a position if you guys want darker environs. I would suggest walking along the water away from the Benjamin Sheares Bridge then. Althernatively, the bridge itself seems like a good spot for nice compositions, and I suspect the corner of Marina Centre may be another nice spot? Saw a crowd there, but no photos yet published here.

Oh, and the simple reason why I am not showing any of my own photos was because I decided to use my video camera to film the whole thing down instead...with my Canon 350D sitting pretty on my lap!
    Thanks huaiwei !!
    Is there any public bus going to this place?

[QUOTE=k3nn3th03]

according the the map above, the BLUE color dot should be the shelter...

my guess is, if u wan other spot other than the marina south or on bridge ( lazy to climb ), go to the spot nearer to the firing point.. ( if u know where i meant ) but was thinking, if so near, wouldn't it be tooooo big when the fireworks burst ??

DO NOT go under or near the bridge... cant see clearly... and too many inconsiderate pple.. they dun care , they will jus stand up, block ur view and enjoy their view..

* ps...
    i wonder if the view on the bridge perpendicular to the firing point.. near to the condo the side..

( all above r of my own view, pls correct me if i am wrong.. )

thanks
    I dun know exactly where i was, but i was all along facing the fireworks directly. Need a 35mm to 50mm on 1.6 crop to fill up my frames. Good place.

(add: this is where i was http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/si...=10961&level=4

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    I was there too Are u the guy who missed the helicopter fly passed
    that's me...

[QUOTE=k3nn3th03]
    according the the map above, the BLUE color dot should be the shelter...
    Ah? where got shelter....they are just "shelters" for the stalls lah.

Anyway I suppose the best thing with regards to this location compared to last yr is that there is plenty of space for viewers. We have plenty of people sitted all around us in front of our tripods, so everyone got to see the show unobstructed. Lovely people, quite unlike the inconsiderate ones who starts to stand up in front of the esplanade.
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Quote Originally Posted by dshooter
    Thanks huaiwei !!
    Is there any public bus going to this place?
    No problem! There is a bus....service 400, to the event. Lots of marshalls there to help you too. Can take it from either Marina Bay MRT, Chinatown MRT of Outram Park MRT. For more details, refer to http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/whatsnew_03August2005.asp.

But some of us were smarter. To avoid the crowds, we simply walked over the benjamin sheares bridge and either have a (more reasonably priced) dinner at Marina Square area, or just go home from there!

Deregistered

No problem! There is a bus....service 400, to the event. Lots of marshalls there to help you too. Can take it from either Marina Bay MRT, Chinatown MRT of Outram Park MRT. For more details, refer to http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/whatsnew_03August2005.asp.

But some of us were smarter. To avoid the crowds, we simply walked over the benjamin sheares bridge and either have a (more reasonably priced) dinner at Marina Square area, or just go home from there!
    In summary.... best places to shoot singapore fireworks festival 2005 fireworks...

i. esplanade bridge (must cross over to the side facing out to sea)
    ii. marina south, along water's edge, away from bright & noisy stalls

both locations are acessible to public transport (maybe sheares bridge location must walk a bit further) and have almost straight on view of the fireworks (so other people will not get into yr frame of view and no stray light entering your lens).

My 3 cents worth

[QUOTE=huaiwei]
    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    Ah? where got shelter....they are just "shelters" for the stalls lah.

Anyway I suppose the best thing with regards to this location compared to last yr is that there is plenty of space for viewers. We have plenty of people sitted all around us in front of our tripods, so everyone got to see the show unobstructed. Lovely people, quite unlike the inconsiderate ones who starts to stand up in front of the esplanade.

neh... have mah..

i might be getting older but i dun think this is not blue rite..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

[QUOTE=k3nn3th03]

neh... have mah..

i might be getting older but i dun think this is not blue rite..
    Ahh....I tot you are refering to my blue location. Hehe paiseh lah!

After the suggested locations, wish to ask how to get to the "other" side of shears bridge? where do i walk from? Take mart to marina bay then take bus 400? or? any advise? So i presume on the 8 Aug, the firing place is the same as yesterday? Pls Advice.

Think its posible to walk up from Marina Square side? Not too sure about this, but logically, there should be a way up from there!

Think its posible to walk up from Marina Square side? Not too sure about this, but logically, there should be a way up from there!
    Marina square, u will on the side facing the singapore skyline right? This time want to go to the other side like what many people had did. Is it still walk from marina square or walk from marina bay?
    Hope tomorrow's fireworks still at yesterday's place, can anyone confirm? dont wanna later found the "other" side but fireworks from the singapore skyline side. That would be a photographic disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by sweat100
    Marina square, u will on the side facing the singapore skyline right? This time want to go to the other side like what many people had did. Is it still walk from marina square or walk from marina bay?
    Hope tomorrow's fireworks still at yesterday's place, can anyone confirm? dont wanna later found the "other" side but fireworks from the singapore skyline side. That would be a photographic disaster.
    Yeah mah....walk under the bridge and get up from the other side loh!

For tomorrow, I know of only two possible locations. Either the same site, or somewhere between the water and the Marina Padang. From the looks of it, most prob its the same location thou.

Haha....there were three of us....quite near to this "hot banana" store...sekali you were right beside us?? As for the location request above...gimme a moment..maybe its about time I produce a map to get things clear once and for all....
    haha,i was beside you,using a D70,saw you using your video cam.
    Thanks so much for the direction,the tasty hot banana have long queue too.

going up the bridge to the other side would be the same as climbing up to face fullerton side.

Remember both side of the bridge have staircases.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    going up the bridge to the other side would be the same as climbing up to face fullerton side.

Remember both side of the bridge have staircases.
    there are 2 ways (might be more if think more imaginatively...

i. yes, there is a staircase on the other side (not directly opp tho, i think)
    ii. go up the bridge using the "usual" staircase, walk towards marina south end, go down the staircase there, cross under bridge and up the staircase on opp side

if shooting locaiton same as sat, then option i. is shorter (and brighter).

option 2 is way too far,imagine having to climb up stair,walk to other end climb down,walk to other side then climb up,then walk back.

but will be worth it lor.

yes, its an onerous walk but quite a good vantage point.
    quite an experience for a maiden fireworks shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    haha,i was beside you,using a D70,saw you using your video cam.
    Thanks so much for the direction,the tasty hot banana have long queue too.
    Muahaha! Small world siah! But I think you asked my friends lah...not I. I was either busy advising another poor confused fella who was chatting with me over the same topic, or one of my friends who happened to bump into me AND asked the same damn question again.

I will be going again tonight, and quite likely to the exact same location. The noise around me actually adds to my video! You planning to go?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast