Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    oTaRu,

Yes, today's performance is by Team Portugal. According to the Singapore Fireworks Festival's website stated the performance will commence at 7.30 pm. However, Thursday's edition of the TODAY paper stated the starting time as 7.45 pm!

Wonder what is the correct timing??
    Well, regardless of wat firing time is 7.30pm or 7.45pm. juz b ready before it start firing. Important is how to get a good spot for shooting. Btw, do anyone know how to get to the another side of the shear bridge facing marina south? Can I go by the same way as from the suntec(behind carrefour). Any advise. THks.
    If not I think I will shoot from the ground at marine bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    oTaRu,

Yes, today's performance is by Team Portugal. According to the Singapore Fireworks Festival's website stated the performance will commence at 7.30 pm. However, Thursday's edition of the TODAY paper stated the starting time as 7.45 pm!

Wonder what is the correct timing??
    just go there early loh... no harm... can enjoy the scenery while waiting for the firework... but i guess will be crowded with ppl...

Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    Well, regardless of wat firing time is 7.30pm or 7.45pm. juz b ready before it start firing. Important is how to get a good spot for shooting. Btw, do anyone know how to get to the another side of the shear bridge facing marina south? Can I go by the same way as from the suntec(behind carrefour). Any advise. THks.
    If not I think I will shoot from the ground at marine bay.
    yes, go the same route, walk past the bus stop, keep walking, junction turn left, keep walking down follow the road, it heads to ECP towards changi airport. there's a staircase up to the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    yes, go the same route, walk past the bus stop, keep walking, junction turn left, keep walking down follow the road, it heads to ECP towards changi airport. there's a staircase up to the bridge.
    THks!

It starts at 7.45pm. Think better to go earlier, must be very crowded.
    Enjoy the firework display.

Cheers!

If unsure...always go earlier loh.
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

the organisation is pathetic, different papers/websites states different times. and it started at a time no one stated, 8pm! but was quite certain the launch point was NOT on the barge on the water nor the reclaimed land in marina bay.

Saw soooo many tripods along that stretch, and as many on sheares looking towards fullerton. on the other side (which i camped), had much fewer photogs. On the 'correct' side, (facing directly) to marina east, I've no idea. as few might have ventured there. I"m also not sure how many did go to marina south itself. It didn't look that crowded from where i was.

will call the pple behind www.singaporefireworksfestival.com.sg on monday to confirm the other dates!

I was one of those at the "correct location" at Marina South facing directly to Marina East. I got there at 6:45 and I cant count more then 5 people with a tripod there. Its already occupied by folks in picnic sheets who are just there to view it thou. I know **** is going to happen.

The only reason I went where I did was cause I double plus double confirmed with the military personal maning the info booths at the carnival. Even then, I was not sure until the firing started. Lots of ppl passed by me and my friends, asking us about the location, and I could only tell them in unconditional terms that I think this is the correct place! It dosent help when we could see the opposite shore swarming with people...

I believe the next few fireworks should be at the same location, as it was last year. And as for the timing, it is to be expected. Last year's timings hardly kept to the published timings too, but at least they all started behind schedule, so we dont miss anything. I saw lots of clouds hovering over the site at 7:45, so I was hoping they would delay the firing as well.

anyway, the fireworks was delayed i believed was due to a blackout at the area...

a lot of us were there, and the lights just went off.. (including street lights!)

and the music was down too, until e last maybe 2-3mins then it came back on... but the fireworks went on as normal... but it started a bit late though..

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    the organisation is pathetic, different papers/websites states different times. and it started at a time no one stated, 8pm! but was quite certain the launch point was NOT on the barge on the water nor the reclaimed land in marina bay.

Saw soooo many tripods along that stretch, and as many on sheares looking towards fullerton. on the other side (which i camped), had much fewer photogs. On the 'correct' side, (facing directly) to marina east, I've no idea. as few might have ventured there. I"m also not sure how many did go to marina south itself. It didn't look that crowded from where i was.

will call the pple behind www.singaporefireworksfestival.com.sg on monday to confirm the other dates!
    if you went to shoot last year, you would realise their timings were always later than published ones. so perhaps it is the same this year?

there has also been enough material floating around the net, and the ndp site, from which its rather obvious it won't be fired from the fullterton side. either way, its a rather odd location. me thinks it might be to pull the crowd down to secluded marina bay.

my bet is when u call on monday, they'll give you the same published timings.

Wah I didnt know there was a blackout. Things seems normal where I was?

Another possible reason could be some VIP is late or something. This fireworks was preceeded by a "launching" ceremony at the Marina Padang, and we only knew the fireworks was going to start when we suddenly saw laser beams shooting off from the field behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    anyway, the fireworks was delayed i believed was due to a blackout at the area...

a lot of us were there, and the lights just went off.. (including street lights!)

and the music was down too, until e last maybe 2-3mins then it came back on... but the fireworks went on as normal... but it started a bit late though..
    blackout? i tought it was part of the plan as the area was quite bright with the lights on
    with the lights off better to watch the fireworks i was near the sea actually in front of the barge
    when the lights went off everyone was happy keke anyways across the other side some bushes caught fire
    after the fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    I was one of those at the "correct location" at Marina South facing directly to Marina East. I got there at 6:45 and I cant count more then 5 people with a tripod there. Its already occupied by folks in picnic sheets who are just there to view it thou. I know **** is going to happen.
    Hi huaiwei,
    Where is this "correct location" ? How do I get there ? Thanks a bunch !

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Wah I didnt know there was a blackout. Things seems normal where I was?

Another possible reason could be some VIP is late or something. This fireworks was preceeded by a "launching" ceremony at the Marina Padang, and we only knew the fireworks was going to start when we suddenly saw laser beams shooting off from the field behind us.
    Yup the VIP for yesterday SFF opening show was none other than our President Nathan himself...the commentator did announced that President Nathan was "on his way", thats why the fireworks start was delayed by abt 15 mins.

It was a great display by the Portuguese, the fireworks was evenly spaced out, and relatively smoke free. Thoroughly enjoyed the display and the shoot, definitely much better than last year's. My fav fireworks display/shoot so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dshooter
    Hi huaiwei,
    Where is this "correct location" ? How do I get there ? Thanks a bunch !
    sheares bridge is 1 good location.

Huaiwei,maybe i was beside you and your friends,cause i did enquire with a group before deploying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Yup the VIP for yesterday SFF opening show was none other than our President Nathan himself...the commentator did announced that President Nathan was "on his way", thats why the fireworks start was delayed by abt 15 mins.

It was a great display by the Portuguese, the fireworks was evenly spaced out, and relatively smoke free. Thoroughly enjoyed the display and the shoot, definitely much better than last year's. My fav fireworks display/shoot so far.
    yes garion,it's my favourite firework shoot to date,the reclaimed land is history now.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    sheares bridge is 1 good location.

Huaiwei,maybe i was beside you and your friends,cause i did enquire with a group before deploying there.
    Haha....there were three of us....quite near to this "hot banana" store...sekali you were right beside us?? As for the location request above...gimme a moment..maybe its about time I produce a map to get things clear once and for all....

Anyway, if I may borrow ricleo's map from http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=144817:

That was more or less the approx location of the firing point (or line actually). I was just in front of this line of noisy and bright stalls, so it might not be that good a position if you guys want darker environs. I would suggest walking along the water away from the Benjamin Sheares Bridge then. Althernatively, the bridge itself seems like a good spot for nice compositions, and I suspect the corner of Marina Centre may be another nice spot? Saw a crowd there, but no photos yet published here.

Oh, and the simple reason why I am not showing any of my own photos was because I decided to use my video camera to film the whole thing down instead...with my Canon 350D sitting pretty on my lap!

[QUOTE]

according the the map above, the BLUE color dot should be the shelter...

my guess is, if u wan other spot other than the marina south or on bridge ( lazy to climb ), go to the spot nearer to the firing point.. ( if u know where i meant ) but was thinking, if so near, wouldn't it be tooooo big when the fireworks burst ??

DO NOT go under or near the bridge... cant see clearly... and too many inconsiderate pple.. they dun care , they will jus stand up, block ur view and enjoy their view..

* ps...
    i wonder if the view on the bridge perpendicular to the firing point.. near to the condo the side..

( all above r of my own view, pls correct me if i am wrong.. )

thanks
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by affando
    blackout? i tought it was part of the plan as the area was quite bright with the lights on
    with the lights off better to watch the fireworks i was near the sea actually in front of the barge
    when the lights went off everyone was happy keke anyways across the other side some bushes caught fire
    after the fireworks
    they are supposed to turn down the lights... but in this case... even the music was out... but managed to get the music back on for the last moment...
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast