Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: The Face 2005, Pics on CS? Discuss!

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    No need lah...anyway, I just popped by to Kpoh abit here and there...
    Back to work...

    Master...dun leave us....

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    you mean the Video cam attached to the side of Vince123123 flash bracket?

    Ah yeah, very simple mah, you just talk to him and sell him your video clip then problem solved and we can continue to shoot happily....you went on both days right? sure got record the whole event...

    Pss...show the video leh, dun shy. i think i missed out some scenes too....
    So thats what that thing is attached to the side of his rig...I thought dunno what high tech cheem cheem laser focusing aid thingy for his cam...

    Wah good idea man...lets do a MO for custom made bracket for DSLR and video cam to be mounted coaxially...u can miss the shot but the video cam had recorded it liao...power sia!

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    So thats what that thing is attached to the side of his rig...I thought dunno what high tech cheem cheem laser focusing aid thingy for his cam...

    Wah good idea man...lets do a MO for custom made bracket for DSLR and video cam to be mounted coaxially...u can miss the shot but the video cam had recorded it liao...power sia!

    very simple, i went back and improvised my flash bracket...i can pass you some removable cable tie and you can mount any video cam to yr flash bracket and tango....

  4. #124
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    Looks like everyone is copying what I started...from flash brackets, to ladders, and now even to modifying to add a video cam.

    P.S. Pics and videos still unprocessed unfortunately....

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Looks like everyone is copying what I started...from flash brackets, to ladders, and now even to modifying to add a video cam.

    P.S. Pics and videos still unprocessed unfortunately....

    I didn't know you were the first to start using the flash bracket and ladder and the rest of us copy you. Wow...

    The video idea was good though but have to buy Video cam first...


    as long as thread still open, we can wait.......or you can open a thread in ready,lights and action when its done... can't wait to see yr results.

  6. #126
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    Hmm well honestly, I can't say conclusively that I was the first as I dont have empirical data to support that conclusion. That is just based on my observations as being the intial starter of the concept and then the appearance of others who also adopted the concept.

    The flash bracket concept isn't novel as brackets already existed, just that when I started using them about 8 years ago, no one else used them. Recently started seeing an influx of them (after the Clubsnap digital frenzy appeared). Back then, the number of photographers at shows are about 2-3 at most. Now we have a crowd of photographers. Which resulted in the ladder idea to try to mitigate the effects of the crowd.

    As for the ladder idea, its probably easier to tell as some time back when I started using a ladder at the shows I was at, no one uses ladders. In fact, some people in this forums implied that the use of a ladder as being overkill (it's probably somewhere in the forums still). However, I noticed that more people are starting to use it nowadays.

    Nevertheless, good ideas are always available for everyone to use, and I'm glad to see that the ideas that I have adopted (whether I am the first or not, or whether people simply saw me or someone else doing it and followed suit), being adopted by the rest of the community. Perhaps we can sit down and brainstorm on good ideas to benefit everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    I didn't know you were the first to start using the flash bracket and ladder and the rest of us copy you. Wow...

    The video idea was good though but have to buy Video cam first...


    as long as thread still open, we can wait.......or you can open a thread in ready,lights and action when its done... can't wait to see yr results.

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Hmm well honestly, I can't say conclusively that I was the first as I dont have empirical data to support that conclusion. That is just based on my observations as being the intial starter of the concept and then the appearance of others who also adopted the concept.

    The flash bracket concept isn't novel as brackets already existed, just that when I started using them about 8 years ago, no one else used them. Recently started seeing an influx of them (after the Clubsnap digital frenzy appeared). Back then, the number of photographers at shows are about 2-3 at most. Now we have a crowd of photographers. Which resulted in the ladder idea to try to mitigate the effects of the crowd.

    As for the ladder idea, its probably easier to tell as some time back when I started using a ladder at the shows I was at, no one uses ladders. In fact, some people in this forums implied that the use of a ladder as being overkill (it's probably somewhere in the forums still). However, I noticed that more people are starting to use it nowadays.

    Nevertheless, good ideas are always available for everyone to use, and I'm glad to see that the ideas that I have adopted (whether I am the first or not, or whether people simply saw me or someone else doing it and followed suit), being adopted by the rest of the community. Perhaps we can sit down and brainstorm on good ideas to benefit everyone
    Maybe i can start off first...
    How about portable strobe light that you can carry on backpack and then extend overhead so no need to use flash....how about employ others to change my batt pack and CF card in case i need to climb down ladder...and and how about a Double flash bracket, 1 to mount the cam, the other to mount the video cam... the flash can put on the top most flash bracket....

  8. #128
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    Sounds interesting! maybe we should open a new thread to discuss these "improvements and ideas". think we are going wayyyy off topic already :P

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Maybe i can start off first...
    How about portable strobe light that you can carry on backpack and then extend overhead so no need to use flash....how about employ others to change my batt pack and CF card in case i need to climb down ladder...and and how about a Double flash bracket, 1 to mount the cam, the other to mount the video cam... the flash can put on the top most flash bracket....

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Maybe i can start off first...
    How about portable strobe light that you can carry on backpack and then extend overhead so no need to use flash....how about employ others to change my batt pack and CF card in case i need to climb down ladder...and and how about a Double flash bracket, 1 to mount the cam, the other to mount the video cam... the flash can put on the top most flash bracket....
    err ... liddat ah ... better do MO for fitness club/gym membership ... need to go train before carrying such things .. later lanfway cramp ...

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Maybe i can start off first...
    How about portable strobe light that you can carry on backpack and then extend overhead so no need to use flash....how about employ others to change my batt pack and CF card in case i need to climb down ladder...and and how about a Double flash bracket, 1 to mount the cam, the other to mount the video cam... the flash can put on the top most flash bracket....
    someone already implemented umbreallas and off-camera flash positioned near the stage for lighting

  11. #131
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    Yeap, that would be Willy - credit given when due

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    someone already implemented umbreallas and off-camera flash positioned near the stage for lighting

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •