Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Face 2005, Pics on CS? Discuss!

break the CD into pieces then send over.

think no need to add oil to fire or too many interesting suggesitons. it might be some miscommunication afterall.

Well guys, ken capitulated. No reasons were given, except jodie's request. Now, on the subject of request, that was one big mother of a request with guns blazing. Read it carefully guys, it's not a request other than the word request.

Anyway, really none of my business. But feels our freedom to shoot and post took a meaningful step backward today. The threats to this freedom abounds, and if we don't draw the line somewhere, in no time, we won't be able to shoot didily ...

luckily I nearly only shoot portraits ...

SAD!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

vince123123
    Guests

One factor to think about is that the people here don't seem to be paying much heed to these "requests" and I noticed a couple more new threads posting up photographs of the day's events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Well guys, ken capitulated. No reasons were given, except jodie's request. Now, on the subject of request, that was one big mother of a request with guns blazing. Read it carefully guys, it's not a request other than the word request.

Anyway, really none of my business. But feels our freedom to shoot and post took a meaningful step backward today. The threats to this freedom abounds, and if we don't draw the line somewhere, in no time, we won't be able to shoot didily ...

luckily I nearly only shoot portraits ...

SAD!

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123

One factor to think about is that the people here don't seem to be paying much heed to these "requests" and I noticed a couple more new threads posting up photographs of the day's events.
    Why dont you post yours also ... and wait for them to request ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Deregistered

Dang, the rubber that's atop of my mechanical pencil went missing

For all i care about this, I just post what they want, obviously its up to ppl here to voice out and say that its wrong for them to do this. Firstly-not official, 2ndly, I worked twice under them as an official and was severly underpaid with my parthners. Those events were hit events.
    Secondly, I no longer have association whith them coz they managed to get even mods to help them cover events at really horrific prices. The only rsn I helped them is because I was once an intern under their prod' house. But since I graduated, they shldn't stick these prices up. I agree with Drudkh that its shitty of them to ask me to post their conveyment on Ken111111's thread. But lets us all kindly refrain from adding oil into the fire, let's stick with a plain discussion armed at them.

Ps. Is the thread aimed at me or at my xcompany ?I just need to know and handle the situation before everything takes a serious downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by jodie_tan
    For all i care about this, I just post what they want, obviously its up to ppl here to voice out and say that its wrong for them to do this. Firstly-not official, 2ndly, I worked twice under them as an official and was severly underpaid with my parthners. Those events were hit events.
    Secondly, I no longer have association whith them coz they managed to get even mods to help them cover events at really horrific prices. The only rsn I helped them is because I was once an intern under their prod' house. But since I graduated, they shldn't stick these prices up. I agree with Drudkh that its shitty of them to ask me to post their conveyment on Ken111111's thread. But lets us all kindly refrain from adding oil into the fire, let's stick with a plain discussion armed at them.

Ps. Is the thread aimed at me or at my xcompany ?I just need to know and handle the situation before everything takes a serious downturn.
    jodie, I don't think the threads and comments are aimed at you personally. However, up till now, you were the figure head standing right smack up front and in the middle. Glad you come out to state your case. What no one here will understand is why you helped them, and you did not address this in your post.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

vince123123
    Guests

Well I dont have a habit of posting generally, plus dont want to embarrass myself with lousy pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Why dont you post yours also ... and wait for them to request ...

vince123123
    Guests

I think its more at the "company". Can I ask what is this company's name? From what I know, there are several organisations involved in the event and we don't want to "blacklist" the wrong organisation inadvertently.

Quote Originally Posted by jodie_tan

We don't need to do business with organisations such as these.The minute we keep bending over, one day we will find ourselves on our backs on the floor.

Let's not further erode the right to take pictures in the public sphere fellas.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    jodie, I don't think the threads and comments are aimed at you personally. However, up till now, you were the figure head standing right smack up front and in the middle. Glad you come out to state your case. What no one here will understand is why you helped them, and you did not address this in your post.
    "zhou ren you hao bao" as the saying goes, i just want to help as much as i can before i regret
    ...but however, i do regret helping them in this case. After all, I hope they close down

next time we hold CS outing to such public model events and see what they can do..
    eat. drink. shoot

vince123123
    Guests

Just learned from an enquiry with my contact at the events company that there's more than meets the eye. Will update when I have firmer information to share.

I think its more at the "company". Can I ask what is this company's name? From what I know, there are several organisations involved in the event and we don't want to "blacklist" the wrong organisation inadvertently.

Just learned from an enquiry with my contact at the events company that there's more than meets the eye. Will update when I have firmer information to share.
    Sounds like this thread will be brought up in TNP soon...

Well, I got an idea - the organiser should have announced a photo competition in conjunction with the contest itself. Then, many photog would send in their best shot. This is killing 2 birds with one stone. And then, get some sponsors like Nikon, Cathay to donate some prizes.

So, in future, photogs should not get conned into some stupid competition just in case it is for the benefit of the organisers to get some great picture for almost nothing.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    So, in future, photogs should not get conned into some stupid competition just in case it is for the benefit of the organisers to get some great picture for almost nothing.
    sadly 99% that's simply the main reason. 1) they get more publicity, and 2) free photos.

From The New Papers The final of The New Face 2005 will be held at Takashimaya Square on 7 Oct.. And does these mean another repeat of history?
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

vince123123
    Guests

That New Face of the Year is by New Paper, different competition.

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    From The New Papers The final of The New Face 2005 will be held at Takashimaya Square on 7 Oct.. And does these mean another repeat of history?

Question

That New Face of the Year is by New Paper, different competition.
    OOps..sorry. But just wondering will such events face such problems after this "problem"?
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast