Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COE going through the roof

Default COE going through the roof

Category Current COE premium ($) Previous COE premium ($)
    A - Car (1600cc & below) 78,602 76,999
    B - Car (above 1600cc) 82,900 80,710
    C - Goods vehicle & bus 53,891 56,302
    D - Motorcycle 4,289 4,001
    E - Open 84,001 82,000

Source: Land Transport Authority

Default Re: COE going through the roof

If you want to drive. Go to another country. Take public transport or electric bike here. Then you can save money for buying better camera.

No, it is old hat.
    COE was more than $100,000 in the 1990's.
    It is on its way to the target value of $1 Million COE for a small car. Then SG can claim to be rich country.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 19th March 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Deregistered

Thanks to those voting for the "white camp". These jokers are the ones who are "in cahoots" with the "main power" to aim for most expensive city.

I don't care about cars, but $4k for motorcycles is a shame.
    EOS

In Singapore, what else can we commoners do but suck thumb... it's sad

I think they should go to a usage model.

Example, retired grandparents want a car to fetch their grandchildren from childcare at 4pm in the afternoon. Why can't there be a COE class which pays 10x the ERP price everytime it passes a gantry.

The LTA needs to set up ERP at every expressway. Introduce a COE class that pays 10x ERP. Basically this is a COE that is for people who does not contribute to the congestion, ie they drive at off peak or at small roads.

Look at the "major" policy shift they came out with after MONTHS of discussion and consulation. Changing COE A to enginer power which does absolutely nothing. If this is not a case study for incompetence, I don't know what it.

ERP = everyday robbing people
    COE = charging only everybody

COE is a regressive tax. It raises basic cost for everyone because it Impacts transport costs for all businesses. The Cumulative impact in absolute amount forms a significantly larger% increase relative to income of the lower Income groups.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Dudes, relax, don't worry. Everything is under control.
    According to someone a few weeks ago, surveys (which includes COEs) showing sg as the world's most expensive city is "measuring something quite different from the cost of living for an ordinary local."

So COEs is not for ordinary local. And most important, ordinary locals are all okay!

I was in Europe recently, their train/tube are quite efficient despite old. You almost don't have to wait for the next one. They are not too worry if you pay, that will of course not happen here. In fact Paris gives 3 days free to reduce pollution!

Many cycle and you can bring them into the trains. I thought I was in China! Maybe now you find less bicycle in china. Haha. Until our public transports are that efficient, people would continue to 'aspire' and see the need to own cars. COE will therefore continue to climb since you can't create more space to allow more cars.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    I don't care about cars, but $4k for motorcycles is a shame.
    you see what i mean? i was saying that mcycle coe will hit 10k soon and bro kei was laughing at me.
    Increase of 1k per month...you need just another half a year, bro kei!

got to change my avatar liao....and "Cruise on a bicycle" instead of "Cruise on a bike" LOL
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 20th March 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    So COEs is not for ordinary local. And most important, ordinary locals are all okay!
    Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    I think they should go to a usage model.

Example, retired grandparents want a car to fetch their grandchildren from childcare at 4pm in the afternoon. Why can't there be a COE class which pays 10x the ERP price everytime it passes a gantry.

The LTA needs to set up ERP at every expressway. Introduce a COE class that pays 10x ERP. Basically this is a COE that is for people who does not contribute to the congestion, ie they drive at off peak or at small roads.
    Ha ha, my car would look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    Look at the "major" policy shift they came out with after MONTHS of discussion and consulation. Changing COE A to enginer power which does absolutely nothing. If this is not a case study for incompetence, I don't know what it.
    http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...d-its-goal-lta
    The tweak has achieved its goal

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...4600296-3.html
    http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2693...-system-again/
    http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2693...-is-a-failure/

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    you see what i mean? i was saying that mcycle coe will hit 10k soon and bro kei was laughing at me.

got to change my avatar liao....and "Cruise on a bicycle" instead of "Cruise on a bike" LOL

Hit $10k already ??

Its a lot easier to take what you write 'seriously', if you could tell us how 'Soon' is soon ?? Next COE bid ?? Within the next 5 COE bid ?? Or 'Soon' but without a known date ?? (Anything from next bid till the end of the World)

Scuba & Father... For Life

At least you'll be healthier lol

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Hit $10k already ??

Its a lot easier to take what you write 'seriously', if you could tell us how 'Soon' is soon ?? Next COE bid ?? Within the next 5 COE bid ?? Or 'Soon' but without a known date ?? (Anything from next bid till the end of the World)
    hvn't i mentioned?

By extrapolating the rate of 1000 per month increase, you need only HALF A YEAR! LOLLLLLL....FROM NOW!

From your continuous fixation to always raised the dead horses and flog them vigorously on moot topics long since forgotten by everyone else, can tell you are someone resentful with a deep rooted tendency to hold grudges.

Why forced yourself to be so miserable? Do you hold some grievances against everyone else from certain circumstances and experiences? It is best to just move on into the future and not be overly bothered by whatever happened in the past.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 20th March 2014 at 09:30 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

hvn't i mentioned?

By extrapolating the rate of 1000 per month increase, you need only HALF A YEAR! LOLLLLLL....FROM NOW!

Ok... I can wait till Sept to laugh...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    From your continuous fixation to always raised the dead horses and flog them vigorously on moot topics long since forgotten by everyone else, can tell you are someone resentful with a deep rooted tendency to hold grudges.

Why forced yourself to be so miserable? Do you hold some grievances against everyone else from certain circumstances and experiences? It is best to just move on into the future and not be overly bothered by whatever happened in the past.
    +1
    http://www.todayonline.com/voices/lo...nsport-not-coe

Improve public transport, there just isn't enough cars to meet everyone's needs and everyone thinks they deserve one..
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

You are dead wrong. I don't give a damn what has happened in the past!
    I am more concerned what is gonna happen in the future! ESP 6 mth down the road when coe of mcycle might hit 10k. LOLLLLL...going thru the roof!
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 21st March 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast