Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

  1. #1

    Default Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    He needs to be inconspicuous, he needs a camera that can take pictures of moving objects in this case a person he is trailing and to take the pictures quickly. He is also able to capture things quickly that sometimes happen in say split second.

  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    He needs to be inconspicuous, he needs a camera that can take pictures of moving objects in this case a person he is trailing and to take the pictures quickly. He is also able to capture things quickly that sometimes happen in say split second.
    Head? Tail?
    EOS

  3. #3
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?









    Ask her.

    Tia gong if you watch every single episodes of her TV series, you'll instantly become a professional Private Investigator (PI).
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 17th March 2014 at 08:30 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #4
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

    Ask her.

    Tia gong if you watch every single episodes of her TV series, you'll instantly become a professional.
    What series is this ah? I want to become PI too.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    What series is this ah? I want to become PI too.
    Veronica Mars lol.. Quite an old series.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    He needs to be inconspicuous, he needs a camera that can take pictures of moving objects in this case a person he is trailing and to take the pictures quickly. He is also able to capture things quickly that sometimes happen in say split second.
    Any APS-C Canon with 1200mm L will be good. Your friend won't need to trail anymore lol.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

  7. #7
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    Haha but with 1200mm lens, maybe a bit hard to move around leh. I think confirm need cameras with lighting quick and accurate AF yet inconspicuous. Perhaps a MP3 system would be interesting.

  8. #8
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Haha but with 1200mm lens, maybe a bit hard to move around leh. I think confirm need cameras with lighting quick and accurate AF yet inconspicuous. Perhaps a MP3 system would be interesting.
    I meant a m4/3 system.

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    I think need a whole range of cameras from long lenses, high ISO monsters to small spy cams.

  10. #10
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Veronica Mars lol.. Quite an old series.
    Kristen Bell reprising her former lead as Veronica Mars in a new film of the same title that was released recently, can tell she definitely blossomed after being a parent.

    Conan O'Brien Presents: Team Coco,
    Kristen Bell's "Veronica Mars" Bust (Safe For Work (SFW))
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 17th March 2014 at 10:34 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  11. #11

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    PI and paparazzi job are similar so you refer to this

    I eats, shoots & leaves

  12. #12
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    PI and paparazzi job are similar so you refer to this


    Veronica Mars will disagree with you.

    Photography is just but a small aspect of being a private detective as analytical skills, astute judgement, keen perceptiveness for details, problem solving are all very important for investigation works.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  13. #13

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Veronica Mars will disagree with you.

    Photography is just but a small aspect of being a private detective as analytical skills, astute judgement, keen perceptiveness for details, problem solving are all very important for investigation works.
    So you think paparazzi don't do investigation work ? How do they dig out all those scandals ? How do they know where the celebrity like to hang out and ambush them ?

    They do investigation work like PI but their main income comes from photos for the tabloid.

    For PI trying to get evidences of husbands having an affair, they also need photos.
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 18th March 2014 at 12:03 AM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  14. #14
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    So you think paparazzi don't do investigation work ? How do they dig out all those scandals ?
    They don't, they search for opportunities to create scandals instead and sensationalise them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    How do they know where the celebrity like to hang out and ambush them ?
    Hmm, shouldn't be too difficult when almost every single details of your life both private and public is available for anyone to view online. Anyway I expect nothing less from professional experts in the fine arts of serial stalking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    They do investigation work like PI but their main income comes from photos for the tabloid.

    For PI trying to get evidences of husbands having an affair, they also need photos.
    Maybe you are being confused with actual professional photojournalists over machine gun spamming tabloid paparazzis.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 18th March 2014 at 12:32 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  15. #15

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    They don't, they search for opportunities to create scandals instead and sensationalise them.


    Hmm, shouldn't be too difficult when almost every single details of your life both private and public is available for anyone to view online. Anyway I expect nothing less from professional experts in the fine arts of serial stalking.


    Maybe you are being confused with actual professional photojournalists over machine gun spamming tabloid paparazzis.
    Although many paparazzis are like stalkers, following the celebrity around 24/7, but there are those who are like photojournalists. And the later group are successful because they are always there at the right time to capture "right" photo.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  16. #16
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Google Glass. inconspicuous still and video camera, with GPS, and access to Internet. Just whisper: OK, Glass, record video...
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  17. #17
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,454

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    dun forget to put black tape all over the camera


  18. #18
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Samsung Galaxy Gear 2.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hougang Ave. 7
    Posts
    890

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?


  20. #20

    Default Re: Becoming a private investigator what sort of camera and settings he needs?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post








    Ask her.

    Tia gong if you watch every single episodes of her TV series, you'll instantly become a professional Private Investigator (PI).
    Camera is so huge. Anyone will know his/her picture being taken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •