Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Interested for a Landscape Photography

  1. #21
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Ok, I'm sorry for the wrong conclusion.
    No worries!

  2. #22

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    Hi,

    I am new in Photography and I wanted to learn and explore more shooting Landscape. I will be traveling soon. I currently own a Canon 6D with 24-105mm kit lens. Please recommend a good lens for this camera. Cheap and good lens.

    Thank you.
    24-105 is a work horse lens on Canon FF.
    Maybe add a UWA like the 17-40 or 16-35 and I think you are done.

    How wide you you want/need?
    If you want wider, maybe the Sigma 12-24.

    Personally, I prefer primes for the ability to mix and match and smaller size, but thats me.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    The first picture was adjusted in photoshop. At first, I didn't know the difference of shooting a picture in jpeg and raw. So, I played with the settings. It's a messed up.

    Now I am learning to know the beauty of shooting in camera raw and at the same time to lessen photo adjustments in photoshop. Here's another sample again. I took this last night outside my neighbourhood:

    Name:  LANDSCAPE_zps570b21a3.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  55.2 KB
    Last edited by iTextSpeak; 6th April 2014 at 01:49 PM.

  4. #24
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    The first picture was adjusted in photoshop. At first, I didn't know the difference of shooting a picture in jpeg and raw. So, I played with the settings. It's a messed up.

    Now I am learning to know the beauty of shooting in camera raw and at the same time to lessen photo adjustments in photoshop. Here's another sample again. I took this last night outside my neighbourhood:

    Name:  LANDSCAPE_zps570b21a3.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  55.2 KB
    you don't need a better lens for landscape right now, you will see better results if you can put more efforts on working your composition, understand lighting and other basic stuffs.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Thanks for your support! I am slowly learning now. I'm using my Canon 6D + 24-105mm. These are my sample shots last Sunday in Lakeside Garden:










  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    326

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    You should go for Sunrise or Sunset shoot at Lakeside Garden. It will be nice..
    Sony 50 F1.8, Sigma 50-150 F2.8II, Minolta 35-70 f4, Tamron 10-24 F3.5-4.5Di-II, Minolta 70-210 f4

  7. #27

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    Thanks for your support! I am slowly learning now. I'm using my Canon 6D + 24-105mm. These are my sample shots last Sunday in Lakeside Garden:









    Those were nice shots. Keep on shooting. Have more confidence of yourself.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    Thanks for your support! I am slowly learning now. I'm using my Canon 6D + 24-105mm. These are my sample shots last Sunday in Lakeside Garden:








    Watch your white balance and/or vibrance/saturation. A little too vibrant/bluish in my opinion, especially pic #4
    hi

  9. #29

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    You should go for Sunrise or Sunset shoot at Lakeside Garden. It will be nice..
    Yes!!
    Sunrise or sunset is quite a must, pls read up abit on "long exposure" or "night photography". Who knows u mite like it, o ya btw please bring an umbralla along, as last sat when I was about to leave Chn garden bout 7am as sun's up,it started pouring heavily, there were 4 photographers shooting when I left, hope their gears r alrite

  10. #30
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    TS, make sure your pictures are not tilted for a start.

    Then read up on composition. Here is a good start
    http://www.photographymad.com/pages/...position-rules
    http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/20...why-they-work/

    Then apply.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    TS, make sure your pictures are not tilted for a start.

    Then read up on composition. Here is a good start
    http://www.photographymad.com/pages/...position-rules
    http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/20...why-they-work/

    Then apply.
    Thanks for the tips... But I don't know what you mean when you say tilted.. I will read more on the link that you have provided me. By the way, I followed you on FB. Amazing work! Great pictures!

  12. #32

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    Thanks for the tips... But I don't know what you mean when you say tilted.. I will read more on the link that you have provided me. By the way, I followed you on FB. Amazing work! Great pictures!
    No need to link to FB.

    DD123 photoworks -related to your interest can be found in ClubSnap photo galleries:-

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...t=daredevil123

  13. #33
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    Thanks for the tips... But I don't know what you mean when you say tilted.. I will read more on the link that you have provided me. By the way, I followed you on FB. Amazing work! Great pictures!
    Tilted as in the horizon is not level in your photos. Dude, your world is slanted.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    I didn't bring a tripod. Is there anyway that I can estimate it that the shot will be in a horizon. Can I fix this using the lens correction editing software (shot in RAW)?

  15. #35
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    I didn't bring a tripod. Is there anyway that I can estimate it that the shot will be in a horizon. Can I fix this using the lens correction editing software (shot in RAW)?
    In short... yes.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Myanmar:





    I took this photo with my 24-70mm f2.8. I am trying out soon the 17-40mm. Still exploring more into photography. It is still heavy to carry a tripod. Will try to bring a tripod next time to avoid blur images.
    Last edited by iTextSpeak; 24th June 2014 at 09:01 PM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member SilverPine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,539

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Your are doing fine in the landscape photographic. For landscape photographic sometime we need some foreground to make the background landscape more interesting, also with good photo composition will help. The following articles might help:

    Composition - Maximizing Perspective and Depth in your Photography

    Photographic Composition Guidelines


    Happy shooting.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

  18. #38
    Member serenityan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    Myanmar:





    I took this photo with my 24-70mm f2.8. I am trying out soon the 17-40mm. Still exploring more into photography. It is still heavy to carry a tripod. Will try to bring a tripod next time to avoid blur images.
    hello! I'm new in photography as well. is this is bagan? by the way I used to think tripod wasn't necessary but once I started shooting I knew I was wrong haha. especially during certain hours or when shooting water, longer exposure is needed. tripod will come in very handy. carry a backpack if you find tripods too heavy, my tripod is a few hundred grams, still relatively portable!

  19. #39
    Member serenityan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by iTextSpeak View Post
    I didn't bring a tripod. Is there anyway that I can estimate it that the shot will be in a horizon. Can I fix this using the lens correction editing software (shot in RAW)?
    my camera has grid lines, I used to rely on that to align my verticals. or you can rely on buildings to keep your alignment straight in your camera. but it's harder without a tripod.

  20. #40
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Interested for a Landscape Photography

    Your world really a bit slanted. I think the tripod will help even if you are using a faster shutter speed during daytime, so you can slowly align properly. Otherwise, you could get a hotshoe bubble level and learn to align the bubble in the middle, that could help. Some cameras have in camera level, not too sure if 6D has it. Those, while not totally accurate, can help to reduce the tilt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •