Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: National Service

  1. #1
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default National Service


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    nice! i saw the flag today too! I feel "National Service" title not really fitting the image.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  3. #3

    Default

    Agreed. Something more befitting would have to take into consideration your foreground subjects (couples, eg singaporean families) and the SAF (embodied by the flying helicopter, protecting our nation so that we all have peace or something like that).

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by data1ore
    Agreed. Something more befitting would have to take into consideration your foreground subjects (couples, eg singaporean families) and the SAF (embodied by the flying helicopter, protecting our nation so that we all have peace or something like that).
    doesn't that make 'national service' an apt title?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    doesn't that make 'national service' an apt title?
    nope.. i was thinking it's more like.. social defense or "something" defense in the total defense thingy.. good idea? anyway it the competition over? else can submit this pic
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    nope.. i was thinking it's more like.. social defense or "something" defense in the total defense thingy.. good idea? anyway it the competition over? else can submit this pic
    i'm not sure, that'll sound overly direct ... doesn't give me room for imagination.

  7. #7
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    "National Service" means that the couples are doing a "service" for the nation by coming together and reproducing themselves thus producing more workers and tax payers.

    But maybe I think too much.

  8. #8

    Default

    I was expecting to see soldiers in green...
    Anyway a more apt title would be "Total Defence: Military Defence", "Social Defence" or, for your case, "Economic Defence"?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    "National Service" means that the couples are doing a "service" for the nation by coming together and reproducing themselves thus producing more workers and tax payers.

    But maybe I think too much.
    at first i had that idea that you were trying to bring that into the picture.. haha

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    "National Service" means that the couples are doing a "service" for the nation by coming together and reproducing themselves thus producing more workers and tax payers.

    But maybe I think too much.
    National Service doesnt just mean donning army greens. Ladies too can do NS by giving birth to more babies.

    Sg need more babies, more tax, more levies, more casinos..etc

  11. #11

    Default

    How about "Stars Above" hehehe

    I think the original title's fine since that's what Ortega was trying to bring across.

    Only nit pick is that I thought the tail of the ship on the bottom right could've been cloned off

  12. #12
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    thanks for all the comments, it has been educational
    and thanks Knoxknocks for noticing the ship, I agree with you.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    thanks for all the comments, it has been educational
    and thanks Knoxknocks for noticing the ship, I agree with you.
    maybe you'll like to rename it 'National Education'

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    maybe you'll like to rename it 'National Education'
    i think you no need to be architect lah...go be a copywriter

    sorry for the OT ortega

  15. #15
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    What i have posted will remain for the benifit of others who are smart enough to learn from my mistakes.

    Cheers

    BTW I see you have got yourself a macro setup.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    What i have posted will remain for the benifit of others who are smart enough to learn from my mistakes.

    Cheers

    BTW I see you have got yourself a macro setup.
    hehehe...yes. 100mm

  17. #17
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    ha ha eikin and sjourn too

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    What i have posted will remain for the benifit of others who are smart enough to learn from my mistakes.

    Cheers

    BTW I see you have got yourself a macro setup.
    extremely cheap alternative to a macro lens

  19. #19
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,685
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    extremely cheap alternative to a macro lens
    a lens is a lens, it does not matter how much it costs
    it is the image that matters.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    a lens is a lens, it does not matter how much it costs
    it is the image that matters.
    ah...the wise saying...not the equipment, it's the photographer

    i'm guessing eikin is using a reverse macro setup?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •