Thread: Develop photos with same color on screen?

Default Develop photos with same color on screen?

How do i ensure that the colors on the photos i print in a photo lab are the same as what i see on my monitor?

Deregistered

Calibration.

To help elaborate a bit (since this is a newbie board), calibration is the matching of colours on-screen to printer.

The most accurate and fuss-free way of doing calibration is to use hardware calibrators, e.g. Eye-One, Spyder. Do a quick search in this forum or Google through these names and there's plenty of information on them.

If you don't want to spend all that money, for the most basic calibration, use the Adobe Gamma tool to at least set the correct gamma and white point.

Do note that in the end for proper printer output you'll still need to get the (ICC) colour profile for your particular (photo) printer. Browse through your printer manufacturer's website for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    To help elaborate a bit (since this is a newbie board), calibration is the matching of colours on-screen to printer.
    to nit pick, calibration is the process if generating a profile. a profile will enable your device to conform to a known standard.

cheers
    Last edited by rueyloon; 26th June 2005 at 09:42 AM.
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Does this mean that i can borrow a calibration device and calibrate it once and for all?
    Some of them look very expensive...saw one going in the marketplace for 450.

I am not going to use my own printer. Will be helping my fren arrange her studio wedding shots into a coffee table which will be printed out in a color lab.

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus
    Does this mean that i can borrow a calibration device and calibrate it once and for all?
    Some of them look very expensive...saw one going in the marketplace for 450.

I am not going to use my own printer. Will be helping my fren arrange her studio wedding shots into a coffee table which will be printed out in a color lab.
    $450 expensive??? u haven't seen a over $1k.....