Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak unleashes full-frame 14Mpix CMOS DSLR!

Blog Entries

Exclamation Kodak unleashes full-frame 14Mpix CMOS DSLR!

Photokina 2002: Kodak has announced the new 14 megapixel DCS-14n. This new digital SLR is even more remarkable for its capture device, a 13.89 megapixel full-frame (36 x 24 mm) CMOS sensor. The magnesium-alloy body is built around a Nikon F100/F80, has a built-in portrait grip and is notably smaller than any previous Kodak DCS D-SLR.

More details can be found at DPReview - http://www.dpreview.com/news/0209/02...odakdcs14n.asp

Price is around 4k USD. Looks very good to me.
    Canon Lover :)

I wonder if Canon 1Ds will be priced competitively :P

i am curious.. with kodak's break into the high-end DSLRs. would their local service centre be up to the task of handling breakdowns calls of their high-end DSLRs?

probably a question best answered by the veterans among us?

Originally posted by pyre
    i am curious.. with kodak's break into the high-end DSLRs.
    Huh??? Kodak has been making high end DSLRs based on EOS and Nikon(F5) bodies.

i am curious.. with kodak's break into the high-end DSLRs. would their local service centre be up to the task of handling breakdowns calls of their high-end DSLRs?

probably a question best answered by the veterans among us?
    ROTFLMAO Lets hope it's better than the DCS-760

Who do you think poineered DSLR's back in 1991 when they released the Nikon F3 based DCS-1 a nd since it wasn't based on the F4 introduced in 1988 one can probably speculate with some degree of certainty that the DCS-1 was already under development prior to 1988.
    Last edited by Ian; 24th September 2002 at 08:59 AM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Wonder if Nikon is responding? Normally they follow with a similar model but with some improvements. Thought Canon also had a 11.1 mp camera out too?

Originally posted by kingpin
    Thought Canon also had a 11.1 mp camera out too?
    That would be the 1DS.

hmm... seems not as high-end as Canon 1Ds yet, but its pricing is quite competitive. Waiting for Nikon's response

Wonder if they will release a more 'affordable' DSLR in the 1500-4000 SGD price range other than the ones they are offering now.

Originally posted by Klause
    Wonder if they will release a more 'affordable' DSLR in the 1500-4000 SGD price range other than the ones they are offering now.
    Not likely. But you may hope for price drops in the 6 megapixel models due to the introduction of these pro-models.

Student Pricing? :P

I don't think they will come out with a "Student" priced DSLR for you Klause......

Yes I think the price of the current models of DSLRs will be under pressure to drop. Kodak's pricing of its 14 mp camera at US$4,000 or about S$7,100 is very competitive. It will force Nikon and Canon to respond with similar 12 to 14 mp and price point cameras and naturally that would mean the current lot of 6 mp will drop. Hope it means I can get my D1 or D100 cheaper. I think that 6 mp is a good enough res. Still prefer the 1.5x "zoom" effect with the 6 mp cameras. The 14 mp ones has same image size as the 35mm now.

thanks for nice replies, but my question still stands. is the local kodak service centre able to handle kodak digital cameras with problems?

thanks for nice replies, but my question still stands. is the local kodak service centre able to handle kodak digital cameras with problems?
    I am sure they will be entertain the need for such services, however the question is what service levels are you expecting. :P

Hi

great to see Kodak back in the game now

that will really drive prices down.......
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Then let me ask you this. Why do you not think that Kodak isn't capable of handling a DSLR?

Same goes to Canon and Nikon. What happened when they first introduced DSLRs?

You still have the mind set that Kodak only produces consumer digicams.

Blog Entries

correct me if i am wrong, but surely you are not referring to those one-hour photo shops as Kodak Service Centres ....

I believe Kodak has a real Service Centre that handles professional level equipment.

Originally posted by Bluestrike

I don't think they will come out with a "Student" priced DSLR for you Klause......

Hehhehe.. you never know... Students can be .. POWERFUL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast