Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Perhentian or Redang?

  1. #1
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Perhentian or Redang?

    Planning to go to Perhentian this summer. Perhentian is often compared to Redang where the latter is preferred by most. One reason is it is nearer to the airport compared to Perhentian. I've been to Redang and fell in love with it. Anyone who has actually been to these 2 islands before and can comment on his/her preference?

    As I've said I've been to Redang but I don't mind going back; I just want to try Perhentian. Read a lot of raves for Bubu resort, so that's where we are planning to stay. Just in case it'll be Redang in the end, we'll go back to Laguna Redang.

    Appreciate any inputs and tips, thanks!
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  2. #2

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    Planning to go to Perhentian this summer. Perhentian is often compared to Redang where the latter is preferred by most. One reason is it is nearer to the airport compared to Perhentian. I've been to Redang and fell in love with it. Anyone who has actually been to these 2 islands before and can comment on his/her preference?

    As I've said I've been to Redang but I don't mind going back; I just want to try Perhentian. Read a lot of raves for Bubu resort, so that's where we are planning to stay. Just in case it'll be Redang in the end, we'll go back to Laguna Redang.

    Appreciate any inputs and tips, thanks!
    stay at lang tengah which is located midway between the two islands and then island hop..
    altho usually i end up diving ard the island..
    less crowd. but less happening too..

  3. #3
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    stay at lang tengah which is located midway between the two islands and then island hop..
    altho usually i end up diving ard the island..
    less crowd. but less happening too..
    Hi bro, thanks for the recommendation. Where did you stay? I've read reviews from tripadvisor, it seems the best resort there is D'coconut Lagoon. Since you mentioned about island hopping, we'd probably do that. So regardless of where we are staying, we can just charter a boat to these islands (hope its not expensive! ). Thanks a lot!
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    Hi bro, thanks for the recommendation. Where did you stay? I've read reviews from tripadvisor, it seems the best resort there is D'coconut Lagoon. Since you mentioned about island hopping, we'd probably do that. So regardless of where we are staying, we can just charter a boat to these islands (hope its not expensive! ). Thanks a lot!
    previously stayed at redang lang, but i understand they've changed owners since i was last there..
    no idea the new rates..

    try ask these guys see if they've anything that suits u:
    http://delangtravel.com/

  5. #5
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Thanks bro!
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    you can be on either island and still enjoy. been to both, preferred lang tengah and perhentian over redang (redang has bigger resorts).

    as mentioned, i suppose island hopping would be your next bet to enjoying what's there to be offered in the surrounding island. both redang and perhentian share some common attraction for snorkeling and "place to go as well".

  7. #7
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Quote Originally Posted by unclejosh View Post
    you can be on either island and still enjoy. been to both, preferred lang tengah and perhentian over redang (redang has bigger resorts).

    as mentioned, i suppose island hopping would be your next bet to enjoying what's there to be offered in the surrounding island. both redang and perhentian share some common attraction for snorkeling and "place to go as well".
    Hey thanks for your input. Now its a toss up between Lang Tengah and Perhentian 😄

  8. #8

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Hi, I have not been to Lang Tengah.
    I stayed at Perhentian Kecil long time ago - 2000. It should be cheaper staying there. Forgot the name of the guest house..
    Done island hoping to Redang.

  9. #9
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Hi, I have not been to Lang Tengah.
    I stayed at Perhentian Kecil long time ago - 2000. It should be cheaper staying there. Forgot the name of the guest house..
    Done island hoping to Redang.
    Sorry for the very late reply bro, thanks for your input!
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  10. #10

    Default

    My friend just recommend me to lang tengah as well. Coz i mention to him that most probably im heading to perhentian this coming may.

  11. #11
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Perhentian or Redang?

    Quote Originally Posted by shizzyrir View Post
    My friend just recommend me to lang tengah as well. Coz i mention to him that most probably im heading to perhentian this coming may.
    Hi bro, so have you been to Perhentian? We had change of plans and just went to Bintan for a short getaway. But still considering Perhentian for at least 4D3N stay probably this July. Thanks!
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •