Thread: Pentax Monthly Outing - Mar 2014 - The Drought - Photo Taking and Sharing

Default Pentax Monthly Outing - Mar 2014 - The Drought - Photo Taking and Sharing

Hi All,

I know JK is organizing a trip to JB on 30 Mar. But many guys probably can't go there on that day. Here I'm starting this thread so to just make another monthly outing attempt, and hope more guys can participate.

This round we'd have some changes. We won't have an official gathering, but of course you are welcome to form smaller groups of your own to go out and shoot together. But we'd have a theme for this month's outing, it's the DROUGHT in Singapore.

Yes, we know the drought is the worst in the past 150 years, and seems it's getting worse everyday. I feel very sad when I see those dry grass lands and dying trees. Hopefully the rain will come back to our little dot soon.

But meantime let's go out and record the drought with our Pentax/Ricoh or any camera, and hopefully we'd let more people see that we can't just take whatever we have for granted.

The time frame will be from now (or earlier if you have already taken some related photos) until end of the month. Please post your photos as often and as many as you want here.

Thanks for your participation and happy shooting.

Default Re: Pentax Monthly Outing - Mar 2014 - The Drought - Photo Taking and Sharing

Thanks Frank for opening this thread. I've just recently taken few shoot with my film camera so properly I could contribute the first photo here.

This should be green at Botanic Garden in this frame I think!

Where is my Water?

Mz-3 | FA 43Ltd | Ektar 100
    Flickr | 500px | Sony | Pentax | Ricoh | Epson

Default Re: Pentax Monthly Outing - Mar 2014 - The Drought - Photo Taking and Sharing

This is my share:

Telok Blangah Hill
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    This is my share:

Telok Blangah Hill
    this is the anti-dote for drought

still can find this in botanical garden, morning dew.

marcus

Everton park roof garden, I think they cut off the water supply.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Wow... That's sad... :/

Maybe they should cut the water supply to the White Horse garden.. LoL!
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

Looks like that my photo still has too much green!

Mz-3 | 43Ltd | Kodak Ektar 100

Quote Originally Posted by chipvn View Post
    Thanks Frank for opening this thread. I've just recently taken few shoot with my film camera so properly I could contribute the first photo here.

This should be green at Botanic Garden in this frame I think!

Where is my Water?

Mz-3 | FA 43Ltd | Ektar 100
    Looks like that my photo still has too much green!

Mz-3 | 43Ltd | Kodak Ektar 100

Still shooting film? That's like ages ago to me ... Nice result btw

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    this is the anti-dote for drought

still can find this in botanical garden, morning dew.

marcus
    It's good to see something is still wet

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    That's sad. But I guess it's true in a lot places now.

Dry dead leaves everywhere...

Mangrove Pitta by kengoh8888, on Flickr

Woah. Great shot Ken. The colours and detail are amazing. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Still shooting film? That's like ages ago to me ... Nice result btw
    Thanks Frank! Yeah, still shooting film for some reasons! One of the main is that's the only current Pentax way make my FA Limited trio behave as they should be!
    Last edited by chipvn; 16th March 2014 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Dry dead leaves everywhere...

Mangrove Pitta by kengoh8888, on Flickr
    Beautiful shot as usual

Thanks Frank! Yeah, still shooting film for some reasons! One of the main is that's the only current Pentax way make my FA Limited trio behave as they should be!
    I know what you mean. Don't worry, I'm sure Pentax/Ricoh is gonna do something about our FA limited lenses - w/ some FF cameras by this year? - sorry I haven't heard anything yet, just guessing.

Seems the drought is finally over. But I'm sure our dry lands won't recover very soon. Hope more guys can go out taking more photos and share here.

Not yesterday or today though. Raining like cats and dogs. Still raining like that even now.
    Pentaxian for Life

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Not yesterday or today though. Raining like cats and dogs. Still raining like that even now.
    Ha ha ... Not true, Felix! This one was taken yesterday morning right at the first heavy rain. Still can shoot with my little GR!

The Long waiting Rain ...

Sorry, don't know if this photo can be considered as part of the drought (ending) theme or not!
    Last edited by chipvn; 17th March 2014 at 04:42 PM.

Ha ha ... Not true, Felix! This one was taken yesterday morning right at the first heavy rain. Still can shoot with my little GR!

The Long waiting Rain ...

Sorry, don't know if this photo can be considered as part of the drought (ending) theme or not!
    It is the "after" portion of the drought
    Pentaxian for Life

Took this on Saturday

Horse having a warm sand bath.