Thread: Chinese Garden Photos (Part 2 of 2)

Default Chinese Garden Photos (Part 2 of 2)

Hi,

Here's some more shots that I have taken recently at Chinese Garden a little while back. All comments/critiques are welcome.

KS

Part 1 of photos can be viewed here
    Last edited by kssim; 23rd September 2002 at 08:29 PM.

Blog Entries

These are champion shots! (as are the ones in Part 1).
    Wonderful!

Hi,

Thanks so much for the very kind comments. I hope they are worth every cents of the $12 entrance fee (which I thought is rather expensive!). And to make things worse, I only managed to shoot 1 roll. Wanted to capture the joy seen on all those cute kids with their lanterns but still haven't got to courage to approach them. *sigh*

KS

Originally posted by Darren
    These are champion shots! (as are the ones in Part 1).
    Wonderful!

Hi.. would u mind telling me what apperture/shuttle speed u took? such that the sky is slightly purple.
    And camera+lens used?

Thanks.

i might be wrong, but the last shot's perspective seems slightly skewed to the right... otherwise, nice colour contrast and compostion. u used Velvia or Provia?

Nice work, esp the 1st pic. Great combination of colors.

Hi,

I can't remember the exact setting that I'm shooting at. But most of these shots are taken at around f8-f11 with shuttle speed in the range of seconds.

Camera & lens used is Nikon F90X and Nikkor 24-120mm. The shots are taken on Fuji Provia 100F which gives it a nice and rich colour. The original slides are more bluish (and reddish in some part) and have only very slight traces of purple. It seems that my scanner have some problem coping with the contrast and colours on the slides and have not been able to get the full range of colours. As much as I've tried adjusting the levels and curves, this is about the closest that I've managed to get it to look like the original.

KS

Originally posted by cheechee
    Hi.. would u mind telling me what apperture/shuttle speed u took? such that the sky is slightly purple.
    And camera+lens used?

Thanks.

Hi,

You're right. The last shot is indeed skewed to the right. This is the 'less skewed' among the two shots I have at this angle. This shot was taken from an extremely low viewpoint with the camera probably at about 30cm off the ground pointing upwards. I have to pratically kneel on the ground (uneven glass patch) and twist my body/head into some very awkward position to peep through the viewfinder. Despite that, I could hardly look through the finder and was partly shooting with rough approximation.

Film used is Fuji Provia 100F.

KS

Originally posted by Larry
    i might be wrong, but the last shot's perspective seems slightly skewed to the right... otherwise, nice colour contrast and compostion. u used Velvia or Provia?