View Poll Results: will u stop your gf or wife post artistic nude photo of herself on her blog?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i will let her post on her blog

19 9.27%
  • No, I will not let her post.

113 55.12%
  • It's her own decision.

77 37.56%
  • I will encourage and tell all my friends to views

15 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Will you stop your gf or wife from posting artistic nude photo of herself on web?

Default Re: Will you stop your gf or wife from posting artistic nude photo of herself on web?

Quote Originally Posted by mau_lovers
    MY GOODNESS - you are STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?? Walau - when are you men going to GROW UP?? And treat women like PEOPLE - NOT OBJECTS?? Sigh ... what to do - we live in a PATRIARCHY ... Sigh ... this is still a ****ing man's world after all
    I share the same sentiments too.

If you observe the infamous girlie website set up by a particular Singaporean that has been running for some years now, you would see hordes of supporters contributing "leeched" girls' images to the website, sometimes awarding derogatory comments. I can't help but lose a great deal of faith with Singaporean men.

I have personally witnessed my work, and the work of a fellow peer, being abused by Singaporean men who have little or no respect for the work of others, and for the subjects (girls) in our work.

Very recently, a trusted photo lab I patronised in Singapore operated by a grown man, a father to teenage daughters, used my work without permission. I was disappointed at this breach of trust. Unfortunately for him, Singapore is tiny. Even though limited to a very tiny locality, my model was tipped off (people know other people, and people tell other people, so word gets around) about the image appearing somewhere unauthorised. She nearly screwed the sh*t out of me for that from all the way in Singapore. To save my backside from further injury, I immediately called using my mobile phone to Singapore from Australia, and gave the old man an earful of my bad language. He must have realised he's was f**king himself up for that unauthorised use (which he could be sued), and woke up his bl**dy idea.
    Last edited by Jemapela; 19th June 2006 at 09:49 PM.

Default Re: Will you stop your gf or wife from posting artistic nude photo of herself on web?

Quote Originally Posted by mau_lovers
    MY GOODNESS - you are STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?? Walau - when are you men going to GROW UP?? And treat women like PEOPLE - NOT OBJECTS?? Sigh ... what to do - we live in a PATRIARCHY ... Sigh ... this is still a ****ing man's world after all
    precisely becos people are treated as people, not objects. that's why such decisions should be made in respect between a couple, and not individualistic or one deciding over another person. if you love someone, you care abt how the other people feel, vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    that is damn f*****g racist.
    first of all, it is a question not a statement. secondly there is no suggestion but merely an extension with a question based on someone's comment on the west and the east and that comment abt other people making sexual fantasies out of a nude photo. thirdly i dun resort to vulgarities based on a false accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela
    Very recently, a trusted photo lab I patronised in Singapore operated by a grown man, a father to teenage daughters, used my work without permission. I was disappointed at this breach of trust. Unfortunately for him, Singapore is tiny. Even though limited to a very tiny locality, my model was tipped off (people know other people, and people tell other people, so word gets around) about the image appearing somewhere unauthorised. She nearly screwed the sh*t out of me for that from all the way in Singapore. To save my backside from further injury, I immediately called using my mobile phone to Singapore from Australia, and gave the old man an earful of my bad language. He must have realised he's was f**king himself up for that unauthorised use (which he could be sued), and woke up his bl**dy idea.
    that's bad. so what's the outcome other than that phonecall?

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh
    first of all, it is a question not a statement. secondly there is no suggestion but merely an extension with a question based on someone's comment on the west and the east and that comment abt other people making sexual fantasies out of a nude photo. thirdly i dun resort to vulgarities based on a false accusation.
    how should I phrase it in a way you might undderstand. Plastic made a statement that he does not like other jerking off on a picture of his wife on the internet. Fair statement.

YOU then ask if a westerner mind or hate the idea. You mean only Asia will mind? You said you are not a westerner, and therefore you don't know? Don't hide beind bigotry. Some people do not mind, and some do. It has nothing to do with being westerner or Asia. You brought up this idea, and that makes you a racist!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

You mean only Asia will mind?
    that is your suggestion. i didn't state so and my statement didn't imply so too.

You brought up this idea, and that makes you a racist!
    perhaps yes, maybe i'm a racist, perhaps, but i'm pretty sure i dun intend to be one and never intended to be one. and i'm still very glad that i dun have to sprout vulgarities and still feel righteous about it.

No Way!

Quote Originally Posted by bry'an
    No Way!
    Why not? Do you own your girl friend? Do you own your wife? I don't think so, and what gives you the right to to stop her from doing anything?

You may not like it, you may try to convince her not to do it, but "No Way", that means you are not allowing it. How are you going to not allow it?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

I guess the next thread will be "Will you stop your GF/ Wife from having affairs with other man?" Another can of worms to be opened...

Deadpoet must be really young.
    We can want to be righteous or ideal, but if we do not voice your dislikes and likes, how will others know us better?

Freedom is inherent. There is no need for anyone to give anyone else freedom.
    We can never force people to do what we want them to.
    And neither can anyone force us to do anything we don't want.

I personally would know what to expect of a wife or gf if she has a tendency to expose herself to the public. If she had no such tendency to do so when i first knew her, then I have every right to discourage it.

Anyway IMHO... it's silly to post this question in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by benedium

Quote Originally Posted by benedium
    Deadpoet must be really young.
    We can want to be righteous or ideal, but if we do not voice your dislikes and likes, how will others know us better?

Freedom is inherent. There is no need for anyone to give anyone else freedom.
    We can never force people to do what we want them to.
    And neither can anyone force us to do anything we don't want.

I personally would know what to expect of a wife or gf if she has a tendency to expose herself to the public. If she had no such tendency to do so when i first knew her, then I have every right to discourage it.

Thank you. Telling an old man he is young is a very nice thing. Being righteous and idealistic is not somthing reserved for the young. The experience of life tells us how precious ideals are. Being in a place where the right to self determination is frequently trashed and stepped on, makes one treasured this right that much more.

As you had said, I quote, "We can never force people to do what we want them to. And neither can anyone force us to do anything we don't want." This apply to the question posted. None of us has the right to stop our wife or gf from posting nude pictures of herself on the net, but we can try to discourage it, but we cannot stop it.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Friday13
    I guess the next thread will be "Will you stop your GF/ Wife from having affairs with other man?" Another can of worms to be opened...
    right on relevant statement.

Why not? Do you own your girl friend? Do you own your wife? I don't think so, and what gives you the right to to stop her from doing anything?

You may not like it, you may try to convince her not to do it, but "No Way", that means you are not allowing it. How are you going to not allow it?
    If she seek my permission, i would say - no
    If she ask me whether i like it, i would say - no
    if she dont tell me and do it secretly, i would say - oh NO!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567