Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Johor: We have not waived our right on water rates

    Can our MPs have more sense?

    Don't anyhow raise sensitive topics that you know for sure will trigger the expected negative back lash response by neighbouring countries.

    That is the problem with televised Parliamentary proceedings. MPs feel the pressure to "perform" on TV.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    I think you are making assumptions here concerning who's the initiator or responder, what's the cause & effect of speaking out on the subject. Our MPs are smarter than you think, these questions are scripted so official position can be stated. Johor/Malaysia can say & do all/what they like, twist whichever way they choose, as they have always done in any dispute. But end of day what's legally agreed upon is all that matters. Our government style of dealing with them on any issue has not changed.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 8th March 2014 at 01:02 PM.

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Legally agreed? Don't be naive la. You are at others' mercy. The source of water is from them. At times we hv to be humble even though the law is on our side.
    Like what bro Ricoh said, better to keep low profile. They also want face. Why provoke?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    At their mercy, we kneel down & beg, treat them as big brother we small brother? Be humble, keep it hush hush, no face, give face, save face, et al, these will help? They will kick you in the face anyway.

    Discussing issue and policies of national importance in our own country & keeping citizens informed is to provoke? If not discuss in parliament, then where, here in KPT? We must be humble, we must be sensitive, sounds like something that is coming out from the other side

    This is not the first time nor the last time such issues over water, sovereignty etc will crop up.

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Legally agreed? Don't be naive la. You are at others' mercy. The source of water is from them. At times we hv to be humble even though the law is on our side.
    Like what bro Ricoh said, better to keep low profile. They also want face. Why provoke?
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 8th March 2014 at 04:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Ya, talk big.
    But if they decided to stop supplying water to you tomorrow, you also LL. our own new water which is derived from our own shxx also not enough for drinking. Lol

  6. #6

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Ya, talk big only, so simple, you want to turn just turn off the tap. Lucky you are not the minister in charge over there If they can and want to turn off the taps, can have done that long ago when the dispute over prices was at its height, when the powerful antagonist Mahatir was in charge. This is only the last agreement which ends in 2061. We are not so vulnerable as was in the past, with the additional reservoirs including marina barrage & other alternatives, besides new water.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 8th March 2014 at 05:43 PM.

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    As neighbors, sometimes we need to be humble with each other. Don't make stupid and insensitive remarks as such, which is not good for each other in the long run. Esp if such remarks are xxxxly motivated.
    Nowadays everything also increase. Conservancy fees, town council fees, transport fees... blah....
    Increase in water fees is only natural. Worst to worst reduce someone's pay to offset water price increase lor. LOL

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    As neighbors, sometimes we need to be humble with each other. Don't make stupid and insensitive remarks as such, which is not good for each other in the long run. Esp if such remarks are xxxxly motivated.
    This statement coming from you?

    What a shocker

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Shocking indeed!
    Making such remarks in Parliament.
    Should hv asked him to come and talk cxxx here in KPT like me, rather than do it in Parliament! LOL

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Johor: We have not waived our right on water rates
    Can our MPs have more sense?
    Don't anyhow raise sensitive topics that you know for sure will trigger the expected negative back lash response by neighbouring countries.
    That is the problem with televised Parliamentary proceedings. MPs feel the pressure to "perform" on TV.
    Think a few moments longer... Keeping all discussions behind closed doors is definitely not the style of any democratic parliament. Unless you prefer Uncle Kim Style.
    Secondly, the urge to what you call 'perform' is much higher on the other side of the causeway. Malaysia is well known for its 'creative and flexible' interpretation of legal terms.. Malaysia Boleh
    Last edited by Octarine; 9th March 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    EOS

  11. #11
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    The funny thing is when something else happens, he said "these are our bros and sis. We stand shoulder to shoulder". LOL. If he thinks we are bros and sis, why is he grumbling over water prices in parliament???

  12. #12
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    The funny thing is when something else happens, he said "these are our bros and sis. We stand shoulder to shoulder". LOL. If he thinks we are bros and sis, why is he grumbling over water prices in parliament???
    Are you married? Do you have siblings? Bickering amongst couples and siblings is part of the bonding experience and along with communication enhancement in personal relationship development.

    If a couple or a sibling doesn't grumble about each other, something is wrong somewhere.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 9th March 2014 at 05:45 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Are you married? Do you have siblings? Bickering amongst couples and siblings is part of the bonding experience and along with communication enhancement in personal relationship development.

    If a couple or a sibling doesn't grumble about each other, something is wrong somewhere.
    Ya, hope you are right about the bonding.
    Else you will hv to drink your own shxx water. LOL LLLL

  14. #14
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Ya, hope you are right about the bonding.
    Else you will hv to drink your own shxx water. LOL LLLL
    Haven't you heard, "The couple that argues together stays together".

    And yes, I rather drink "shxx water" which by the way is purified to standards beyond the quality of "regular water" (also fact is every single H2O molecules in the entire world has been undergoing "water reclamation process" for hundreds of millions of years by mother nature) if it simply means we can be more self-reliant for our own sovereignty.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Parliament is not Kopitiam - don't anyhow discuss sensitive issues

    If you can be self-reliant you would not hv needed him.
    His job is to build relationship, not destroying it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •