Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines plane missing...

Default Re: Malaysia Airlines plane missing...

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    In its head long rush to get into the spotlight and grab credit before anyone else, Inmarsat may have made a fatal error.

It should have stopped at reporting the 6 pings.

Instead Inmarsat tried to be too clever, with a technique that Najib described as never been done before.

If it was right, and the plane was quickly found within 1 day of the calculation announcement, then it wins world wide praise and lots of business.

Now, if a later accidental discovery, long after all searches have been abandoned, showed that the plane was some where else many thousands of miles away in a completely different compass direction, then ---- trouble.

Now it dares not reveal the radar data to other world renowned international scientists & experts who may immediately detect calculation / assumption errors.
    Don't you suspect Immasat & AAIB are under possible instructions from PM Najib not to reveal anything other than what he announced to the world?

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    4 weeks out, and I don't think it's going to be easy to solve this..

The costs are piling up and I think soon, that will be a factor to calling it quits in the search, even though everyone claims they will persist...

M'sia will have to bear the costs for MAS, that company has no money left, and they can't let it go bankrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Temasek can pick it up cheaply now.
    Best way SIA can take on Air Asia / Air Asia X is for SCOOT to buy MAS Out.... this way they can have Malaysian Registered Aircraft and expand in Malaysia.

Ok heres an industry secret.... SCOOT is joining forces with Nok Air in Thailand..... shhhhh I not say that.

As such to get Malaysian Rego would be an awesome plan for SCOOT.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The search for MH370 is the most expensive in history:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/most-...404-36463.html
    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    is malaysia gonna to go bust if this continues??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Payouts to Families will be closer to USD$ 39 MILLION ! If negligence causing the incident is found against the said airline in will go higher.
    Not to mention the cost of the Aircraft at some USD$ 220-260 Million... So we are up to what $270-300 Million alr ?
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Don't forget that there's insurance payouts

Quote Originally Posted by liteon View Post
    Don't you suspect Immasat & AAIB are under possible instructions from PM Najib not to reveal anything other than what he announced to the world?
    No, Najib is innocent. He is just relying on these two so-called "experts".

The radar data is like a treasure map.
    The current owners of the treasure map (even if they may have interpreted it wrongly) do not want to share it with other treasure hunting experts.
    Guess there are professional jealousy reasons and commercial profit oriented reasons for not wanting to share the radar data.

Maybe some one was trying to win the Nobel Prize (for Physics?).
    After all, Putin was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize after invading Crimea.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th April 2014 at 08:02 PM.

The Chinese ship can detect what Poseidon cannot?

The Chinese ship can detect what HMS Tireless (a submarine deep in the sea) cannot?

I don't think so.

After claiming to have found something, the Chinese said they released satellite photos "by mistake".

If it proves to be wrong, PRC will redux "by mistake" Part 2.

If it is true and they found the plane, very good.

Then we wonder why Poseidon and HMS Tireless seem unable to find.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th April 2014 at 08:56 PM.

The Chinese ship can detect what Poseidon cannot?

Then we wonder why Poseidon and HMS Tireless seem unable to find.
    I think the Americans and their close allies are not supposed to find it. Just need to put up a show.

I still wonder if they knew all along and 'found' it only now....
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

No confirmation.

As expected, search teams are concerned about grabbing credit. This is about winning commendations, pats on the back from powerful politicians and securing promotions.

The PRC ship HaiXun reported directly to Beijing 11 hours ago and not first to the Australian task force.
    The same problem that affected MLY is happening to Australia. But of course. You cannot change human nature.
    Humans are selfish and look after their own interests first.
    Later Beijing informed Australia.

Australia has kept silent and all the latest news is coming out of Beijing through the government mouth piece newspaper, XinHua news agency.

A skeptical US expert invited to comment on CNN said that if the PRC got it correct, it is like striking Powerball twice.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th April 2014 at 11:46 PM.

No confirmation. As expected, search teams are concerned about grabbing credit. This is about winning commendations, pats on the back from powerful politicians and securing promotions. The PRC ship HaiXun reported directly to Beijing 11 hours ago and not first to the Australian task force. The same problem that affected MLY is happening to Australia. But of course. You cannot change human nature. Humans are selfish and look after their own interests first. Later Beijing informed Australia. Australia has kept silent and all the latest news is coming out of Beijing through the government mouth piece newspaper, XinHua news agency. A skeptical US expert invited to comment on CNN said that if the PRC got it correct, it is like striking Powerball twice.
    From what I understand, it was reported by the CCTV reporters on board the ship to Beijing. We do not know who the ship reported the signal to first.

A source at the Australian Defence Force told CNN that it got word of the report around noon Saturday, but had not communicated with the ship in the 10 hours since.
    Though other countries’ search teams communicate directly with Australian officials by texting, communication with the Chinese searchers goes first to Beijing, which then communicates with officials in Australia, the source said.

http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/20...-pulse-signal/

Separately, no wonder MLY is angry with CNN.
    Pinger maker never received device on MH370 for maintenance, reports CNN
    Last edited by ricohflex; 6th April 2014 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post

Best way SIA can take on Air Asia / Air Asia X is for SCOOT to buy MAS Out.... this way they can have Malaysian Registered Aircraft and expand in Malaysia.

Ok heres an industry secret.... SCOOT is joining forces with Nok Air in Thailand..... shhhhh I not say that.

As such to get Malaysian Rego would be an awesome plan for SCOOT.
    MY will never let SG buy out anything from them.

They are already so jealous of our success and chinese majority population, that they rather let MAS rot than to let us own it.

Our neighbors aren't so friendly as we thought they are

I'm not surprised at all if MY doesn't keep to maintenance schedule.

Looking at their working mentality, they don't give a hoot about upkeeping.

Look at legoland, malls and other major landmarks.........

No country (including Singapore) will allow another country to own its national airline.

Some countries prefer to not to have a national airline.

But Legoland in Johor was built recently. Never visited. Unable to comment whether it is poorly maintained.

I have been to a few mega malls in JB in recent weeks. They are in very good condition and spacious.

The thing I like most, is that in JB they do NOT put ribs on their long benches to prevent people from sleeping horizontally on them.
    In SG, we do. I think this is a parochial extremely narrow minded mentality on our part.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 6th April 2014 at 11:16 AM.

With the batteries due to go dead in a few days, the Australians are deploying their assets elsewhere and this is what they can say:
    "The deployment of RAAF assets to the area where the Chinese ship detected the sounds is being considered," he added, referring to the Royal Australian Air Force.
    Australian Defence Minister David Johnston echoed the words of caution.

"This is not the first time we have had something that has turned out to be very disappointing," he told ABC television.
    I think they are trying very hard not to find it.
    Last edited by An drew; 6th April 2014 at 12:28 PM.

No country (including Singapore) will allow another country to own its national airline.

Some countries prefer to not to have a national airline.

But Legoland in Johor was built recently. Never visited. Unable to comment whether it is poorly maintained.

I have been to a few mega malls in JB in recent weeks. They are in very good condition and spacious.

The thing I like most, is that in JB they do NOT put ribs on their long benches to prevent people from sleeping horizontally on them.
    In SG, we do. I think this is a parochial extremely narrow minded mentality on our part.
    Why do u wan to see ppl sleeping on public benches?

Even their ex PM Mathatir said about MY mentality. They don't have a regular maintenance mentality. The ppl thought everything will last forever, without proper maintenance.
    Last edited by donut88; 6th April 2014 at 11:26 AM.

The ribs are there to prevent couples having good time in public.
    Last edited by Sion; 6th April 2014 at 11:29 AM.

If the PRC do really find the plane while the OZ, US and UK somehow cannot find it with much better equipment, Poseidons, Orions, submarines, etc...

Then it fuels the PRC suspicion that if they did not rely on their own PRC assets and PRC Navy personnel to find the plane, it would somehow not be found by others.

IIRC, a US TV network show on MH370 had an expert guest view that it was in Boeing's interest that the plane was not found. Because if it was found and they are able to determine that there was no foul play by pilots/crew/passengers and that the plane had malfunctioned, then terrifying law suits against Boeing may ensue. Also affects their future sales of new planes with the 787 Dreamliner having widely reported problems.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 6th April 2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    MY will never let SG buy out anything from them.

They are already so jealous of our success and chinese majority population, that they rather let MAS rot than to let us own it.

Our neighbors aren't so friendly as we thought they are
    Our neighbors are not able to think ahead.

They don't realise that collaborating with the clever little red dot we could create a sphere of prosperity that is envy of the world.

By not selling sands and stones to us they restrict us and their own growth.