Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines plane missing...

Default Re: Malaysia Airlines plane missing...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It never ends... one after another.. one after another... damn power.
    If it's cost cutting measures affecting their maintenance, or an attitude issue, then it won't be the last.
    Remember they have been losing money for a few years...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysi...iny?page=0%2C2

More embarrassing news for other nations:

One startling revelation to come out of this search and rescue operation was when India admitted that its radar in Nicobar and Andaman were shut at the time of the MH370 flight due to budget constraints.
    Ravi says that while this might help Malaysia try and figure out where the aircraft has gone, India is not helping itself by giving that away.
    "They are showing themselves in a bad light to an enemy who can do damage to their country.
    "The main purpose of the military is to protect the country. I don't think for a missing aircraft countries are going to expose their limitations," he says.
    He points out too that if any other country had switched off their radar to cut costs, in all likelihood they would not disclose this information to other countries, because it would not look good on them and their military.
    Ravi points out that operating a primary radar is expensive because it beams a very strong signal which requires a lot of electricity and hence money to keep it on 24 hours.
    So it would not come as a surprise to him if some of the poorer countries with no high security threats do not have their radar switched on all the time.
    "But they will just say 'we didn't see the plane on our radar' which is the truth because their radar was switched off. But it does not mean it didn't pass through their air space."
    Dr Hansman believes that countries would not be prepared to put aside their own security concerns and share data that might give away their defence capabilities just to find a missing aircraft. "They would not compromise their security," he says.
    Concurring, Weber says he would not be surprised if the defence radar systems of other countries have radar information, which they have not yet revealed.
    "This would be typical for the military."

Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

This whole saga remind me of Carmen Sandiego

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    This whole saga remind me of Carmen Sandiego
    Nice game.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Nice game.
    Have you found her ?

Najib giving impromptu press conference at 10pm i.e. 40 minutes from now.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Najib giving impromptu press conference at 10pm i.e. 40 minutes from now.
    Sounds like there is a major breakthrough.. multiple news sources also saying families of passengers in Beijing are also being called for an urgent meeting now.. with some saying they are being offered chartered flight to Australia... oh my..

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    There were 19 prominent Chinese artists on board the missing plane.

Someone was trying to do something to the continuity of thousands of years of Chinese culture?
    Quote from George Clooney in the Monuments Man:
    "You can wipe out a generation of people. You can burn their homes to the ground, and somehow they'll still come back. But if you destroy their achievements (art), and their history, then it's like they never existed."
    Name:  ettlingerrembrandt_103113_nn_tif__custom-3ee893106ada67732baede340e332f0fdd429a77-s4-c85.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  87.4 KB

Oh my...

Source: BBC

'Lost beyond any reasonable doubt'
    Malaysia Airlines has announced that the missing Boeing is assumed to have crashed with no survivors.

In a statement it said:

We deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board have survived..we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean.

Watched the live statement by Najib: they said from British satellite data, they have concluded that the plane crashed in the Indian ocean.

Deregistered

Najib is smart. Don't give false hope to the families. Confirmed no survivors (still not sure what really happened) but at least the family had a reply.
    Anyway, will CS team have those campaign similar to "save japan" or "kapit phillipinas" etc.? Malaysia diff treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by shaokenphotos View Post
    Najib is smart. Don't give false hope to the families. Confirmed no survivors (still not sure what really happened) but at least the family had a reply.
    Anyway, will CS team have those campaign similar to "save japan" or "kapit phillipinas" etc.? Malaysia diff treatment?
    you do realize japan and phillipines case is quite different from malaysia's case, no?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post

you do realize japan and phillipines case is quite different from malaysia's case, no?
    Ya. I did. Is just bcos it's Msia, ppl just "condemn" it.
    First day c**k up say is bcos it's Msia. =.=

Ya. I did. Is just bcos it's Msia, ppl just "condemn" it.
    First day c**k up say is bcos it's Msia. =.=
    try living in malaysia for an extended period of time, you'll understand why.

Maybe Najib moved too fast.
    He is making an announcement based on an assumption, which in turn is based on a mathematical calculation by a UK agency (AAIB?) in conjunction with Inmarsat officials.

This is before any physical evidence of the plane's parts or passengers' belongings have been found.
    How awkward it would be if UK officials discover tomorrow that they have made a fundamental calculation mistake, which led to wrong assumption.

Anyway, the US news networks are having a feeding frenzy on this now.

CCTV reported that PRC relatives of passengers, upon being told the news in the Lido Hotel conference room, wailed and cursed MAS and the Malaysian government.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Maybe Najib moved too fast.
    He is making an announcement based on an assumption, which in turn is based on a mathematical calculation by a UK agency (AAIB?) in conjunction with Inmarsat officials.

This is before any physical evidence of the plane's parts or passengers' belongings have been found.
    How awkward it would be if UK officials discover tomorrow that they have made a fundamental calculation mistake, which led to wrong assumption.

Anyway, the US news networks are having a feeding frenzy on this now.

CCTV reported that PRC relatives of passengers, upon being told the news in the Lido Hotel conference room, wailed and cursed MAS and the Malaysian government.
    Agree, I think everyone is tired, so he made the announcement to end it. No conclusive evidence so far.

Blog Entries

Ganbatte and Kapit are charity drives aimed to raise donations for people who need help after a natural disaster. Wide scale tragedy, while the people and govts are overwhelmed by the scale of loss and destruction.

This is a plane crash. The airlines and the insurance companies will take care of the relatives of the victims.

Please understand the difference.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post

try living in malaysia for an extended period of time, you'll understand why.
    I don't know why international media frame malaysia as land of crimes. It's not as bad as u think lah. Msia is considered my "2nd" home.
    If possible, I don't mind migrating to Msia.

Off topic a bit..
    Malaysia is a place where we still can see many traditions Sg has lost it. The traditional food also.

I don't know why international media frame malaysia as land of crimes. It's not as bad as u think lah. Msia is considered my "2nd" home.
    If possible, I don't mind migrating to Msia.

Off topic a bit..
    Malaysia is a place where we still can see many traditions Sg has lost it. The traditional food also.
    My friend from msia got her house broken in twice. Even her flat is next to a police station. Anyway, when a person encounter an incident and also heard from other, they sure raise awareness. So, just becareful over there. No place in this world is safe.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Search suspended due to bad weather.. We are still no closer to an answer why the plane veered so far off course...