Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody disgrace

Default Bloody disgrace

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-...093522660.html

Bringing 3rd world behaviour to the world......

Default Re: Bloody disgrace

Grown adults fighting over teletubbies! Very third-world INDEED!

My mandarin is limited but I think the subtitles were a tongue-in-cheek thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    My mandarin is limited but I think the subtitles were a tongue-in-cheek thing?
    Should be. I'm in the office. I don't dare to turn on the volume. But according to the article it should be about reclining seat, definitely not about whether it's Tinky Winky or Po.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Should be. I'm in the office. I don't dare to turn on the volume. But according to the article it should be about reclining seat, definitely not about whether it's Tinky Winky or Po.
    yea the subtitles have no relation. damn funny

I find all these reports disturbing. Apparently, wealth can't get them ready for the civilised world. The place where we stay welcomes them with open arms. That's disconcerting.

I find all these reports disturbing. Apparently, wealth can't get them ready for the civilised world. The place where we stay welcomes them with open arms. That's disconcerting.
    Everybody look look! Xenophobe!

Yes and I have no problems showing it. Its better than sweeping the problem under the carpet and pretend its not there.

When a caveman chance upon gold seams in the cave, would he stop being a caveman?
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Everybody look look! Xenophobe!
    Look look, Xenophobe-phobe. (If there is such term.. )
    ~Ansel Adams

When a caveman chance upon gold seams in the cave, would he stop being a caveman?
    It really depends. Is he to evolve and get out of the cave or expect the rest to come meet at his level.....

No. Gold is still useless then.

These freaking nutcase should be put in the slammer for fighting in a plane. If ever this happen on board SIA in Singapore, can sent them to the "Changi hotel" to cool off But seriously, we share the same "roots", why be xenophobic or racist? Don't have to look down upon the Chinese because of some crazies...
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 7th March 2014 at 03:43 PM.

They are the well off Chinese national.

The woman's partner should have cool her down, instead of joining in the foray.

Watching movie shows on LCD screens on the plane is so boring and passť.

This is live in-flight entertainment provided by PRC actors and actresses hired by Thai Airways.

For future Thai Airways flights, PRC actors and actresses will be fighting Muay Thai style to make it more exciting.

Poor behaviour isn't unique to any specific nationality/ethnicity/social or economic class. Just google 'drunk airline passenger' and you'll see. Here's one list of poor flyers: http://www.skyscanner.net/news/10-wo...assengers-ever

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    These freaking nutcase should be put in the slammer for fighting in a plane. If ever this happen on board SIA in Singapore, can sent them to the "Changi hotel" to cool off But seriously, we share the same "roots", why be xenophobic or racist? Don't have to look down upon the Chinese because of some crazies...
    If we can tell a singaporean chinese apart from a mainlander, taiwanese, or even malaysian chinese (some will dispute my claim, but I think there are noticeable facial characteristics), I reckon our genes must have diverged some where in the last 100 years when various southern & central chinese ethnicities (eg. hokkien, cantonese, teochew, hakka, hainan, hockchew, shanghainese) mixed & produced off-springs on this island.

Similar to how Vietnamese & Korean would never consider themselves Chinese, but only acknowledge certain custom & genetic origins.

Finally, a very sensitive issue... you guys sure Northern & Southern chinese is the same "roots". Some scientists might be in position to dispute.

So the "same roots" topic is largely irrelevant. It is about their behavior & ethics.
    Last edited by surrephoto; 7th March 2014 at 11:30 PM.

A Chinese by race is still a Chinese, regardless of his nationality, don't confuse race from nationality. You & I not a Chinese, or you deny it? If we are biased/discriminate against by foreign nationalities, we are considered a xenophobe, if by race, we are racist.

As to behaviour & ethics, Kadinsky has so clearly illustrated, it is not restricted to or the preserve of any specific nationality &/or race. The underlying pungency of bad behaviour seem to have an added "flavour" because the odious characters are Chinese by nationality, & by race. They are a disgrace to us Chinese (by race) &/or to their country China (by nationality).

I think you are too complicated, like in your posts dissecting cameras & lens to no end

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    If we can tell a singaporean chinese apart from a mainlander, taiwanese, or even malaysian chinese (some will dispute my claim, but I think there are noticeable facial characteristics), I reckon our genes must have diverged some where in the last 100 years when various southern & central chinese ethnicities (eg. hokkien, cantonese, teochew, hakka, hainan, hockchew, shanghainese) mixed & produced off-springs on this island.

Similar to how Vietnamese & Korean would never consider themselves Chinese, but only acknowledge certain custom & genetic origins.

Finally, a very sensitive issue... you guys sure Northern & Southern chinese is the same "roots". Some scientists might be in position to dispute.

So the "same roots" topic is largely irrelevant. It is about their behavior & ethics.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 8th March 2014 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    A Chinese by race is still a Chinese, regardless of his nationality, don't confuse race from nationality. You & I not a Chinese, or you deny it? If we are biased/discriminate against by foreign nationalities, we are considered a xenophobe, if by race, we are racist.

As to behaviour & ethics, Kadinsky has so clearly illustrated, it is not restricted to or the preserve of any specific nationality &/or race. The underlying pungency of bad behaviour seem to have an added "flavour" because the odious characters are Chinese by nationality, & by race. They are a disgrace to us Chinese (by race) &/or to their country China (by nationality).

I think you are too complicated, like in your posts dissecting cameras & lens to no end
    I think at this point of time we can still consider ourselves (chinese sgprean) as Chinese. Not sure when Singaporean will finally become a "race". Malaysians seem to have achieved that sort of right to proclaim the "Malaysian" race. Perhaps all the fervor to convert local chinese to adopt mandarin and merge into the greater sinosphere has prevented the acceptance of singaporean as a race. I've had younger friends get laughed at when they proclaim themselves to be Singaporean and not Chinese when questioned by foreigners.

This sort of closeness with the greater sinosphere has made us very vulnerable to being accused of forgoing, forgetting or trashing our roots whenever we bring up anti-PRC sentiments. If PRC citizens do such things in (in this case) thailand, no one would bat an eye when xenophobic comments fly, many times linking race with nationality and ethics, when yes I agree with you, are all separate issues.

I feel overseas chinese culture diverged with mainland chinese culture ever since the cultural revolution. On the other hand, I do see many local PRCs trying very hard to integrate. Language barrier also one issue.
    Last edited by surrephoto; 8th March 2014 at 01:14 AM.

In mandarin is clearer?.. I once said I'm 'HUA ren' not 'Zhong guo ren'. In English only 1 word for both..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast