Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

  1. #1

    Default Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency


  2. #2
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    Russia needs to be taught a lesson.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    It is hegemony. Putin thinks Russia is rich enough, powerful enough now to threaten the whole world.

    Russia is a major gas supplier to Europe.

    America is broke, no thanks to its greedy Wall Street bankers who were never punished by US government for what they did. Obama is a wimpy, feckless and weak US president who just likes to make speeches but cannot take meaningful action even after Syria crossed his Red Line.

    Putin is saying Russia is powerful enough to threaten the world.

    Putin has some power and proceeds to abuse that power. It gets to his head. He cannot handle it.
    Putin likes to strut on the world stage.
    In comparison, past US presidents have always been able to control their sense of world power.

    By his Ukraine adventure, Putin has ensured that ALL the countries bordering Russia have become his sworn enemies.

    Those enemies now include PRC and Japan (dispute over Sakhalin & Kurils).

    If Putin insists on taking over Crimea and persecuting the Muslim Tartars, then the Islamic Jihad target may shift from USA to Russia.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 7th March 2014 at 02:26 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Sounds like the world is in deep trouble.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Russia needs to be taught a lesson.
    Russia just needs to wake up to 2014 and smell the coffee.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It is hegemony. Putin thinks Russia is rich enough, powerful enough now to threaten the whole world.

    Russia is a major gas supplier to Europe.

    America is broke, no thanks to its greedy Wall Street bankers who were never punished by US government for what they did. Obama is a wimpy, feckless and weak US president who just likes to make speeches but cannot take meaningful action even after Syria crossed his Red Line.

    Putin is saying Russia is powerful enough to threaten the world.

    Putin has some power and proceeds to abuse that power. It gets to his head. He cannot handle it.
    Putin likes to strut on the world stage.
    In comparison, past US presidents have always been able to control their sense of world power.

    By his Ukraine adventure, Putin has ensured that ALL the countries bordering Russia have become his sworn enemies.

    Those enemies now include PRC and Japan (dispute over Sakhalin & Kurils).

    If Putin insists on taking over Crimea and persecuting the Muslim Tartars, then the Islamic Jihad target may shift from USA to Russia.
    Then let those jihad fanatics shift to russia then. I don't give a damm.

    See how that puke-tin handle them....

  7. #7

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Then let those jihad fanatics shift to russia then. I don't give a damm.

    See how that puke-tin handle them....
    He is the man.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #8

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    not going to happen la. As of Dec 2013, Russia holds US$140 billion in US debt. http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...uments/mfh.txt
    not to mention that the US buys ~US$20 billion of Russian oil & petroleum products a year. http://rt.com/business/us-eu-russia-sanctions-590/

    At the very least the Russians will suffer just as severe consequences for crashing the US dollar.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    There is always 2 points of view to this.
    The area was part of Russia for a very long time.
    Its lines are more a blur than clearly draw out.

    Its like how those of us of Chinese decent would never like to see a broken up China instigated by the west thru an incident in XinJiang or Tibet.

    I'd be happy to see Russia play out its cards to defend itself against the opportunistic west.
    Chances of it happening are not that high at the moment, but if I were Putin, I too would never allow the further loss of Russian history and power under my watch.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Ho ho ho, hope it happens.
    Exited most of my positions today, waiting for global crash to activate warchest.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Ho ho ho, hope it happens.
    Exited most of my positions today, waiting for global crash to activate warchest.
    Maybe you can buy a little of these:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by An drew; 7th March 2014 at 06:31 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Sen. Graham: Putin thinks Obama is a 'weak, indecisive leader ... a weak character'


  13. #13

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    I had thought the Cold War was over.

  14. #14
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Not unless Vladimir Putin is part of the Rothschild family.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  15. #15

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Not unless Vladimir Putin is part of the Rothschild family.
    How will this conflict resolve?

    http://politicalvelcraft.org/2013/07...s-from-russia/
    President Putin Stamping Out The Rothschild Rockefeller Syndicate Maggots From Russia!
    JULY 17, 2013 BY VOLUBRJOTR



  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Russia threaten to crash the World's Reserve Currency

    7 Mar 14
    Ukraine's Paralympic Chief Threatens To Withdraw Team
    Ukraine's Paralympic chief, Valeriy Sushkevich, threatened on Friday that the Ukrainian team would withdraw from the Paralympics in Sochi if Russia invaded his home country.


    "If there is an escalation of the conflict, intervention on the territory of our country, God forbid the worst, we would not be able to stay here, we would go," Sushkevich told a news conference, according to Reuters.
    What an idiot.

    Russia already has 30,000 troops + armoured vehicles + helicopters + navy ships invading Ukraine for the past week.

    Why is the Ukraine paralympic team chief so hard up to participate in Sochi?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 8th March 2014 at 09:53 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •