Thread: will u ever lose your interest in photography?

Question will u ever lose your interest in photography?

just wondering if anyone here has beginning to lose interest?

anyone is getting more interested and addicted?

maybe after years of shooting, just got tired and retired?

'any up and down to share?

I will not lose interest in photography as long as someone keeps on organizing CS model shoots.

i remain interested in photography but the money factor is getting me down...

I'm very trigger happy so development of film is becoming less and less cost effective. I love my manual slr but the cost involved has led me to consider selling my kit, even though i've gotten it for only slightly more than 1 year.

Unfortunately, i've no cash to upgrade to a digital kit, so have to continue watching money drain away developing photos before being able to preview them.

Coupled with that is the lack of time to spend on photography... which saves me money, but makes me feel itchy whenever i look at the dry box. :P
    Last edited by feryl; 23rd June 2005 at 06:28 PM.

maybe lose interests in certain subjects? I used to like shooting macros of flowers and insects but have stopped doing cos of the heat and sweat

Most of them will fade off when they find their equipment sitting in the dry cabinet too long.

When it became a business or endless work?

There will come a time when you feel like photographe-burn. Dun feel like shooting but will not get sick of it.

Lost the interest years ago, as the cost of film & prints are really very pressuring on my paycheck.

Until digital photography becomes more realistic and affordable.

My tigger-happy finger woken up and I am now a tigger happy shutterbug.

Perhaps, one day like when i lose interest in s_x !!!

will u ever lose your interest in photography?
    ya, when money not enough and nobody want to pay for my backside/frontside

I have asked myself this question time and time again, ever since I've taken the fast track to photography, by accumulating my gear in ~6 mths (I've bought and sold a EF-S 17-85, and now own 10-22, 24-70L, 70-200 F4 with my 20D plus a bunch of assorted accessories.). I've now spent about US$5000, and despite the high cost, I've gotten a lot of nice shots, shots i'd never have gotten if i'd stuck to my crappy prosumer Oly C-5060WZ.

Over in US, I'm a photojournalist with an independent publication at my university. I also have access to the campus' studio to do model shoots in. There's also a nice gang of kakis my age to shoot with, not to mention the endless photographic opportunities that US offers. I still have 1 more year, this time at the west coast. Think Yosemite, think Monterey Bay, think Grand Canyon, Tetons, Yellowstone, etc etc.

This summer when I came back for the school holidays, I felt less incentivized to shoot. Maybe it's the fear of getting weird stares back home. Maybe it's the fear of being chased away when you try to do street/city photography. Somehow, people are just less tolerant of hobby photographers. If it's a professional, they'd look at you different. So disappointing. Just as disappointing as when an MRT pulls into the station, and you see people trying to get into the train at the SAME time as people are trying to get off.

And then you think about how much time you have once you start work. Day in day out, 9-6ish, go home tired with only one thing on your mind, to sleep. Weekends are for recuperating, etc. So what of that big pile of expensive photography equipment sitting in the corner?

Option 1) Sell all away, switch to p&s for keepsake photography, and rebuy all of them when you've made enough money and have more time to play with it again
    Option 2) Keep the gear, and shoot now and then when you can. Make the time to go shoot.

What will I do? Ask me again in 1 year's time

losing interest liao

due to various factors tho.

time, $$$, work, other hobbies... standard things.

but also getting fustrated not able to capture what I want.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    ya, when money not enough and nobody want to pay for my backside/frontside
    You got a blog?

Strike a balance between interest and ur other commitments.....

Despite the fact that I have no time to shoot, I still like shooting. Occasionally I still bring my 300d to the park downstairs to "sai kai yang", now and then I will shoot my dog, my maid and misc items in my room (ha!)

Dun shoot just for the sake of having a camera. Draw a line and u will find urself able to cultivate this passion better

You got a blog?
    Dun ask, if you dun intend to pay.

When i was still mainly using my digital (a panasonic FZ1) i shot photos almost daily, had to burn CD after CD of crap photos.

But once i started on film, i never wanted to go back, digital p&s just doesn't have the same visual impact. but the cost and inconvenience of developing film means i don't lug a camera everywhere now... i've lost many priceless photo-ops and can only sigh in resignation.

now, if only my bonus was bigger...that minolta 7d wld become a reality.

Weed.... when they develop something beyond shooting 2D photos? maybe some 3D vitual reality photos

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    just wondering if anyone here has beginning to lose interest?

anyone is getting more interested and addicted?

maybe after years of shooting, just got tired and retired?

'any up and down to share?
    What about yourself Paul?