Thread: Thai food in Geylang

Default Thai food in Geylang

Recently, i watched a program by Mark Lee on food. He recommended an authentic food store in geylang. Anyone knows the address?

I am not too sure about Geylang area but the best Thai food (taste the same as in Thailand) would be in Golden Mile Complex. My Thai friends says only there you can taste their local taste as it's cook by Thais. You can request to put extra hot. If you have a Thai friend, asked him to bring you there as normally they can lingo better with their own people.

Most of the restaurants are on the ground floor. GO try it!

Quote Originally Posted by E1g3
    Recently, i watched a program by Mark Lee on food. He recommended an authentic food store in geylang. Anyone knows the address?
    The store is along Geylang Rd (near to Lor 7), just further down the famous Lor 9 Beef Horfun. Tried the store after seeing Mark Lee's recomendation. Store is operated by Thai and ood food at reasonable price but felt very thirsty after eating (MSG??? ).

thanks for the feedback. Been to golden mile, but found it a bit rowdy and messy. Will try the geylang stall, better bring bottled water

Lightbulb

how's the pricing at Golden mile?

i like the thai foodl at golden mile! the price at G.M is reasonable, except they charge me $1 for a plate of plain white rice!! . but i must say the food is tasty!

sembawang plaza one also quite rock
    price is decent too

Hi simon80, i also try at sembawang plaza too! food is ok.
    but did u notice that on weekend all the server are young men around 18-25yrs old(about 6-8mths ago, when i bought my family there)!! compare other outlets mostly aunty or uncle working as server are middle age I don't think anyone dare to eat without paying there!!

the last time when i was there is quite a while back...
    the shop was a small stall located at the basement in the foodcourt ..

my friend did mention they actually move to higher level and got their own restaurant or something ?? really ??

The food is good enough for that kind of price .. tomyam soup is and the fried calamari is 10000000x better then the one serving at Fixx&c0 ..