Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: war of the world

Quote Originally Posted by sam_always
    hey, watched the War of the world last night.... The CG effect is solid. But i dont understand the story le, can someone tell me? why the alien sprey humans blood? what for? why suddenly the alien's shield gone? strange?
    Me dun understand about the spraying human blood part... had it anything to do with trying to kill germs in the Air?...

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    You didn't catch the last narration?
    no paiseh, i watched it in austria, it's in german.... catch no ball la..... can tell me what inside narration?

Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Me dun understand about the spraying human blood part... had it anything to do with trying to kill germs in the Air?...
    we can see when they spraying the blood, the "blood root" is growing.... what does it mean?

Well ironically, its us that killed the aliens. They were not suited to out environment and by feeding on humans, they got contaminated and died off.

the rating from newspaper is 3/5
    dunno how gd is it.... watching the show tml...

Watched it last nite.. erm i thought the lightning storm disable all electronic things? How come Tom Cruise MPV can still work after the 2nd lightning storm ( the one where the plane crashed )? After the 1st they replaced the starter but the 2nd one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    Watched it last nite.. erm i thought the lightning storm disable all electronic things? How come Tom Cruise MPV can still work after the 2nd lightning storm ( the one where the plane crashed )? After the 1st they replaced the starter but the 2nd one?
    Did you also noticed that despite the plane crashed right next to where he came out from, there was still a nice little path left for him to drive away.

good effect by ss, but story too hard too acept. alien can plan a few millions years ahead, but sure they can also detect germs and bateria b4 coming to planet earth rite???

I think this is what its all about. The pseudo sense of superiority and complacency blinds all danger and consequences. This story/movie is a statement.

just watched it today...

not that good, not that bad either actually..

but the ending was quite arupt... and i really dunno why are they spraying e blood roots everywhere...

Okish movie.
    Dunno why Speilberg has developed this affection for mixing too much human drama with sci-fi thrills. he failed with it once in A.I

Here also all the drama around Tom Cruise's family drags on a bit. Movie also lacks some all out action thrills like Independence Day. I thought Tim Robbins would be some smart scientist who will figure out a chink in the alien armour. Then he was removed from the story suddenly.

Not more than 2.5 stars.

The trailer of King Kong appeared more exciting. Another "must watch"...

Well ironically, its us that killed the aliens. They were not suited to out environment and by feeding on humans, they got contaminated and died off.
    Plain silly way to die for powerful aliens with gigantic vacuum cleaners to exterminate mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    good effect by ss, but story too hard too acept. alien can plan a few millions years ahead, but sure they can also detect germs and bateria b4 coming to planet earth rite???
    I totally agree man, it is so plain silly... these aliens are supposed to be some higher lifeform that is more intelligent than we are, they have been observing us for so long and they can be killed by some flu virus or something.

Having Tom Cruise in the movie is bad enough but using a science fiction storyline that dates back to 1896 doesn't quite cut it for the 21st century right?

I prefer Independent Day anytime man, which is to me, a modern adaptation of WOW. We need to kick some alien butt in these shows!

Did you also noticed that despite the plane crashed right next to where he came out from, there was still a nice little path left for him to drive away.
    That was because Cruise's contract has a clause that no harm shall occur to his character in the show... cannot die one, machiam like in the last samurai.
    Last edited by tao; 5th July 2005 at 10:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12