Thread: nikon 20mm f2.8 vs 24mm f2.8d

Default nikon 20mm f2.8 vs 24mm f2.8d

Hi members ,
    Between these two lenses which one is good for landscape and street photography , with respect to image quality and value .
    Please share ur comments.
    or u can suggest some other f2.8 lens which serves for landscape and street photography.

Default Re: nikon 20mm f2.8 vs 24mm f2.8d

If you are on crop, why not a used 17-50 f2.8? more flexibility as compared to a prime.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    If you are on crop, why not a used 17-50 f2.8? more flexibility as compared to a prime.
    Agree. Just buy the 17-50mm and both primes are covered...lol

am using nikon d610 full frame

How about 35 f2? If u really need wider, the 24 f2.8 has pretty good reviews on it.

Am looking for a range which is good for landscape and street photography , compared to 20 the 24 mm got good reviews

Quote Originally Posted by prakan View Post
    Am looking for a range which is good for landscape and street photography , compared to 20 the 24 mm got good reviews
    The exact focal range in which you feel most comfortable shooting in for either landscape or street photography is a very personal thing, and it differs from person to person. Personally, I feel that there is quite a big difference between 20mm and 24mm - 20mm is a lot more distorted and has a less natural perspective. Between the two lenses, 20mm would be my choice for landscapes, but not for street. I would actually go sub-20mm for landscape though, to the region of 14-16mm, but that is just me.

Perhaps it might be best for you to stick with whatever lens you currently have now, and when you've got a clearer idea about what focal lengths you like, then you can spend the money and buy whichever lens you prefer.
    Last edited by rh89; 3rd March 2014 at 01:12 AM.

I like 20mm for landscapes and 24mm for streets. If I were to choose one, it would be the 24mm cause it's also wide enough for most landscapes, and I'll just stitch if I needed a wider fov

Thanks for all your comments