Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Label of the future

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Label of the future

    Mrs Obama is proposing a revamp on the amount of details to be printed on a product label in order to make americans live a healthier life.

    This is outright insult to human intelligence, IMO.

    "Discretion". That is what makes us human!

    Only machines need to be fed every instructions to function properly.

    we know that too much sugar is bad, too much fats is bad...in fact, too much of everything is BAD! except $$ ?? I tell ya, even too much $$ may not be good. But at least can help us buy a motorcycle with a 10k coe. LOL

    since we know too much is no good, just cut the proportion la. common sense right? in other words, discretion!

    unless of course she thinks that her countrymen no longer think like human. LOL

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Discretion in posting in KTP also counts?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Discretion in posting in KTP also counts?


    To OP.. I think you overrate the average human intelligence
    Have you look at the obesity number in the US? That and the constant effort of big industry player to shove everything down our throat and get $$

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post



    unless of course she thinks that her countrymen no longer think like human. LOL
    Most of them don't. They need useless Fox news to tell them what to think. They rely on 20 second sound bites. They attend motivational talks from one speaker to another whole year round so that they are constantly told what to think, how to live, who to believe. TV advertisements feed the ideas to them so they do not need to think.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st March 2014 at 05:51 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Label of the future

    most people around the world don't even read labels anyway

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Label of the future

    What about the obvious labelling we have in KPT in people being fond of telling us to use Google?

    If you have a question to ask you google to find the answer.

    And you google again to check the replies you get in KPT for their validity.

    Question: "What's the best date to get married in 2014?"

    Google answers: "Depends whether your GF is pregnant or not."

    Question: "If she is not?"

    Google answers: "Then you don't get married. But you better check with KPT first of such a decision."

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Most of them don't. They need useless Fox news to tell them what to think. They rely on 20 second sound bites. They attend motivational talks from one speaker to another whole year round so that they are constantly told what to think, how to live, who to believe. TV advertisements feed the ideas to them so they do not need to think.
    LOL, ya agree

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Discretion in posting in KTP also counts?
    ya, was about to say that too much of posting at KPT may not be good too. LOL

    thanks for adding.

    didn't you guys notice that i hv cut the proportion liao? LOL. else get obesed

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    What about the obvious labelling we have in KPT in people being fond of telling us to use Google?

    If you have a question to ask you google to find the answer.

    And you google again to check the replies you get in KPT for their validity.

    Question: "What's the best date to get married in 2014?"

    Google answers: "Depends whether your GF is pregnant or not."

    Question: "If she is not?"

    Google answers: "Then you don't get married. But you better check with KPT first of such a decision."
    hey, your KPT is kopitiam or Kay Poh Tiam?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    ya, was about to say that too much of posting at KPT may not be good too. LOL

    thanks for adding.

    didn't you guys notice that i hv cut the proportion liao? LOL. else get obesed
    You cut it down by 50%.

    That is not enough.

    You need to cut it down by 101%


  11. #11
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post


    To OP.. I think you overrate the average human intelligence
    Have you look at the obesity number in the US? That and the constant effort of big industry player to shove everything down our throat and get $$
    even for human with inferior IQ, when people shove things down yr throat, you can always "merlion" it out what.
    you mean you don't even have got this reflex?

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You cut it down by 50%.

    That is not enough.

    You need to cut it down by 101%

    cannot la. cut down 101% is starving liao, will get malnutrition.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    hey, your KPT is kopitiam or Kay Poh Tiam?
    Please don't waste time to google before you post every thread in KPT.

    Our answers will be better than the best you'll get in Google.

    And they are often out of the box too.

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Most of them don't. They need useless Fox news to tell them what to think. They rely on 20 second sound bites. They attend motivational talks from one speaker to another whole year round so that they are constantly told what to think, how to live, who to believe. TV advertisements feed the ideas to them so they do not need to think.
    and they need macdonald to cut trans fats? and now better label so that they can choose better? LOL. sad!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Cigarette boxes in Australia:


  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Label of the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Cigarette boxes in Australia:

    ya, this cigarette box thingy is also another big joke!
    "Reversed" Ostrich mentality. IMO. LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •