Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 214661666970717273768196 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2019

Thread: Sentosa Thread XIII (Kennyleong having his exams so post less & study more)

Deregistered

Just BBB la

Quote Originally Posted by flash77
    Sports photography need the AXE meh? 12mp or the high speed crop a bit "too overkill" right? Thought D2H is more powerful when comes to fps

G*** always shoot model, AXE is great, so that he can print full body size photos
    sports photography use the 6mp 8fps mah.

who knows the sport's person also like a full sized crop from you.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Just BBB la
    Don't wanna end up like you BBB, and SSS within a week leh

Decision critical...

okie... my turn to become ghost.

c ya
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Price for D2H and D2Hs too much already... wait for price to drop until neck long long...

D2Hs metering system same as D2X... Price for D2Hs is about $6K+

both are good cams...
    For D2H, which is a pro spec body...I feel that price of abt $2.8-$3k is quite good liao (for a minty edition)...dun think it will drop until ard 2k lar...at least not in the forseeable future.....coz its pro body...the price will definitely always be higher than prosumer/consumer body like D70, even for 2nd hand copy. Same goes with Canon...even now the 1D (4 yr old cam) is still selling for around 3k...its an even older body than D2H and also 4.1MP.

Second nightwolf's comments abt D2H...many shooters here, esp. the nature guys, have used it to create astonishing pics....just look at the stunning works of Avatar, chngpe01, Harlequin, Fred, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Second nightwolf's comments abt D2H...many shooters here, esp. the nature guys, have used it to create astonishing pics....just look at the stunning works of Avatar, chngpe01, Harlequin, Fred, just to name a few.
    Agree with u Garion, their works are jaw-dropping, wonder why 4MP they can also do wonder.

Thinking of getting the D2H for my sports photography lor, my 3fps on my D70, always missed the in between shots .

You can look at these shots I've made, they are those first fired shots, aftermath all don't have good ones, since missed the in-between shots with that 3fps not to mention the shutter lag.

I think a pro body < $3K really tempting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    For D2H, which is a pro spec body...I feel that price of abt $2.8-$3k is quite good liao (for a minty edition)...dun think it will drop until ard 2k lar...at least not in the forseeable future.....coz its pro body...the price will definitely always be higher than prosumer/consumer body like D70, even for 2nd hand copy. Same goes with Canon...even now the 1D (4 yr old cam) is still selling for around 3k...its an even older body than D2H and also 4.1MP.

haha... u are referring to user111's 1D for sale ah? i see on dpreview's forums dat there are still many working pros in US who are still using this cam, despite the appearance of 1DmkII. they still swear by it.

pro-body cams seldom depreciate as much or as fast as consumer bodies. so, forget abt D2H dropping below $2k.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Agree with u Garion, their works are jaw-dropping, wonder why 4MP they can also do wonder.

Thinking of getting the D2H for my sports photography lor, my 3fps on my D70, always missed the in between shots .

You can look at these shots I've made, they are those first fired shots, aftermath all don't have good ones, since missed the in-between shots with that 3fps not to mention the shutter lag.

sigh.....decision time....good shots...

NW......very tempted to get the D2h...i just withdrew from ice booke's thread... looking at another thread...

Deregistered

B B B.

B B B.

Broke Broke Broke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    NW......very tempted to get the D2h...i just withdrew from ice booke's thread... looking at another thread...
    yeah. i know. just saw it too. darren's cam looks like the best bet. there's another D2h on sale somewhere too. but, dat one no pics no price, IIRC.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Deregistered

B B B G B B B M B J B.

Hi flash77,

If your main thing is sports shoots, and if you have the funds & budget, why not? The D2H is perfect for your needs, and its really a big step up from your D70. The 8fps, fast AF and bigger buffer ensures that you can get the shot you want much easier (but remember its still the guy behing the cam that matters). The D2h is the sports photographer's dream cam. In a nutshell, its very responsive lar, really built from ground up to take action shots. If I were you I would whack liao. I know what the meaning of long shutter lag and 3 fps and puny buffer (me using 10D), so I understand your frustrations.

So in short, if you have the moolah, no harm trying for one. The D70 can keep as backup, its still good cam.

Blog Entries

B B B G B B B M B J B.
    erm... buy buy buy guru buy buy buy must buy just buy?

Oh forgot to add, flash77, those are really good shots u have there. Guess your keeper/success ratio would def. go up if you have a D2H or equivalent.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    erm... buy buy buy guru buy buy buy must buy just buy?
    Not bad, you missed just the G*** word and the B after G***. The rest you got it correct.

Blog Entries

Not bad, you missed just the G*** word and the B after G***. The rest you got it correct.
    hmm....

flash77 - depending on ur wallet lah. if u can, 2nd-hand d2h looks great. still, there's no guarantee it will improve ur hit rate.

garion - i believe d2h is (or was?) the choice of wedding shooters in the states? at least so says dpreview.

Deregistered

hmm....

flash77 - depending on ur wallet lah. if u can, 2nd-hand d2h looks great. still, there's no guarantee it will improve ur hit rate.

garion - i believe d2h is (or was?) the choice of wedding shooters in the states? at least so says dpreview.
    I would go for D2HS if everybody wasn't so hyped up about MP. 4MP is sufficient. But 6MP, 12MP is easier to market. You know what I mean.

hmm....

I thought it was 1D MK II? Or 20D? Coz I'm always under the impression that US shooters are more Canon-biased.

edit: oops typo..."IS" should be "US".
    Last edited by Garion; 29th June 2005 at 12:28 PM.