Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Personal Milestone of FZ20

  1. #1

    Default Personal Milestone of FZ20

    Hi... just got my FZ20 less than a month back.

    Occasionally playing around with it. Using this thread wish to keep myself a record of what I have been messing with my FZ20, jejejejee..

    Haven't been using manual mode, still learning.

    Been wondering, when to use flash? Coz sometimes when I tried it, the outcome seems so unnatural, so most of the time I snap without using flash.

    Took some night shot at my office place yesterday. Any comments would be much appreciated

    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgall...0&ppuser=20465

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi Sills,

    I noticed that almost all your shots are landscape. So you don't actually need to use flash. Usually flash photography is used for indoors or fill flash when your subject is in the shadows.

    And since you're using the fz20, you can decrease the power of the inbuilt flash so that your shots will not be overexposed.

    I personally prefer an external flash with bounce to make the picture more natural. But that's another story...

  3. #3

    Default

    Hey Sills,

    quit staying on your office to shoot la. shoot your colleagues. shoot your staircases (up to your creativity), or shoot people smoking outside the lobby of your building. you have a 400mm+ zoom, so go for the kill without worrying people looking you cos...... they wont know you're zooming in so much with such a small camera

    keep shooting
    await to see your other pics.

    Quote Originally Posted by sills
    Hi... just got my FZ20 less than a month back.

    Occasionally playing around with it. Using this thread wish to keep myself a record of what I have been messing with my FZ20, jejejejee..

    Haven't been using manual mode, still learning.

    Been wondering, when to use flash? Coz sometimes when I tried it, the outcome seems so unnatural, so most of the time I snap without using flash.

    Took some night shot at my office place yesterday. Any comments would be much appreciated

    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgall...0&ppuser=20465

  4. #4

    Default

    nice view from you office, man...:-)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sills
    Hi... just got my FZ20 less than a month back.

    Occasionally playing around with it. Using this thread wish to keep myself a record of what I have been messing with my FZ20, jejejejee..

    Haven't been using manual mode, still learning.

    Been wondering, when to use flash? Coz sometimes when I tried it, the outcome seems so unnatural, so most of the time I snap without using flash.

    Took some night shot at my office place yesterday. Any comments would be much appreciated

    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgall...0&ppuser=20465
    just wanna enquire, Fz20 nice to handle and use anot ar ? image clear and sharp anot? very lag when snapping? ... well jus wanna learn more on the cam b4 i plant in my $$ on it ... scare i make the wrong choice.

  6. #6

    Default

    image is tack sharp of course
    check out the reviews on dpreview.com and magapixel.net
    but size is a personall issue. I thought the camera as a tad too big for my liking, so I went with the FZ5 instead. but the FZ20 is still smaller than the 350D or 70D...heh heh

  7. #7
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent
    I thought the camera as a tad too big for my liking, so I went with the FZ5 instead. but the FZ20 is still smaller than the 350D or 70D...heh heh
    Sure? But i thought my present Pentax *ist DS with the kit lense is smaller than my previous FZ-20 wif tube adapter & UV filter on. I had a 62mm UV filter on but now my Pentax lense has a 52mm UV filter on. Barrel size, the FZ-20 is much bigger.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  8. #8

    Default

    fz20's lens can only add on filters / Tcon / Wcon ? tats all ar ?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormweaver
    fz20's lens can only add on filters / Tcon / Wcon ? tats all ar ?
    What other things do you have in mind to add?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •