Thread: Wonder Why Some PIC Thread Got Reply & Some Don't..

Default Wonder Why Some PIC Thread Got Reply & Some Don't..

I see that threads posted with pic for viewing from those regular
    pic posters or propular guys here will get comments & reply within
    hrs after thread posted.

Where else some newbies don't get any comments or reply at all
    even after 1 day or more with hunderd or views..
    At the end, the thread was deleted by the thread starter as no reply
    and he not able to learn anything as no comment or feedback was received..

Just wondering...

no la..where got..

you're just being sensitive..

post a pic of a sweet young thing or a sharp close-up of a household pest's leg you will be guaranteed at least a " " reply..

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    no la..where got..

you're just being sensitive..

post a pic of a sweet young thing or a sharp close-up of a household pest's leg you will be guaranteed at least a " " reply..
    So no guranteed of reply/comments for other type of pic lah...

Haha... I understand what you mean... Not all my posts gets any respond also mah.

But maybe it's because no one has anything to say about them...

Quote Originally Posted by donchua
    I see that threads posted with pic for viewing from those regular
    pic posters or propular guys here will get comments & reply within
    hrs after thread posted.

Where else some newbies don't get any comments or reply at all
    even after 1 day or more with hunderd or views..
    At the end, the thread was deleted by the thread starter as no reply
    and he not able to learn anything as no comment or feedback was received..

Just wondering...
    ya, i think i agree with you. felt that too.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Maybe the pics a bit too common a repetition of what others had done before

Quote Originally Posted by eow
    Maybe the pics a bit too common a repetition of what others had done before
    That might not be right leh..
    Newbies are here to learn, of cause there will be repettion, common pic..
    And if no comments form others (pro) that felt too common or repetition,
    how to learn??

most of the posts in portraits and poses are repetitions and repeated poses...but still garnered lots of and replies...so..what's up with that then?

most of the posts in portraits and poses are repetitions and repeated poses...but still garnered lots of and replies...so..what's up with that then?
    hahaha i noticed that too...

another theme which seems to be very popular and repeated are pictures of children playing with the fountain at Bugis *groans*

i can think of more 'repetitions' here, but still received 'comments' and replies.

a common trick is to use very shallow depth-of-field in the shot to make a mundane composition, or a simply badly lit subject look artsy.

i say, what's up with that too!

back to main topic.

Don;

Raise my both hand to agree what you said.
    maybe my thread can asnwer PART of your doubt... and it was my doubt too....

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=136164

lastly, anyway...

don't seriously expect one to improve one's skill and technique by leaps and bounds simply by listening to what people 'comment' and 'reply' here.

self education plays an important part too, thats how you develop your own vision. don't just rely on comments here or get too disappointed if no one comments.

chinese has a saying, playing music to a cow. i say, play ur music to the right crowd .. don't be too sad about the cow.

cheers donchua for bringing up this topic.

Hi Stereobox, sorry but I'm a little confused on what's your stand here. I was under the impression that the starter of this thread was implicitly trying to encourage people to give their comments or replies whether or not the photographer is pro/popular/famous/whatever. Correct me if I'm mistaken don...

But the idea that I got from your replies was that you were trying to say that it's "wrong" to shoot "repeated" shots or "common themes".

i can think of more 'repetitions' here, but still received 'comments' and replies.

a common trick is to use very shallow depth-of-field in the shot to make a mundane composition, or a simply badly lit subject look artsy.

back to main topic.

another theme which seems to be very popular and repeated are pictures of children playing with the fountain at Bugis *groans*
    You've got to understand that many of us here are true to the word newbies (at least me) and are all trying to learn a thing or two about photography. Themes aside, we also have to learn the basics of exposure, aperture, composition & everything that's considered "basic".

And one method of learning is by observing what other photographers do & learning from them. Which was what I thought a lot of newbies are doing. Hence the repetition.

On the other hand, I can't agree more with this:

don't seriously expect one to improve one's skill and technique by leaps and bounds simply by listening to what people 'comment' and 'reply' here.

self education plays an important part too, thats how you develop your own vision. don't just rely on comments here or get too disappointed if no one comments.

chinese has a saying, playing music to a cow. i say, play ur music to the right crowd .. don't be too sad about the cow.
    I think as a newbie myself, I'd just encourage all in this forum to freely give any comments or opinion about photos posted. Afterall, the whole purpose of a forum is to, I quote "Share knowledge, discuss ideas, forge new friendships with others who have a similar passion and interest in photography" unquote.

Cheers bro!

I second what Stereobox has said. We are human after all ... seeing a same subject, shot (almost) the same way ... over and over again ... sometimes we tend not to comment at all. But then, I've seen some very creative photos done on the mentioned 'repeated' subjects, and they do receive lots of comments. So I guess, it's about trying something different, something fresh. I do have lots of 'uncommented' threads too. But when that happens, I always tell myself that there is something which is lacking in those photos of mine ...

Just shoot more and post more..as yr pics improve and getting more interesting..u will get comments..good or bad..

i usually don't like explaining myself, but this is in response to natnivek's query.

somebody mentioned lack of comments could be due to 'repetition' of similar pictures.

so, me being in a grouchy mood, took on a sarcastic tone and said something to this effect : some people post 'repetitions' yet still get lots of response (usually non-related to the essence of the issue itself).