Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikon USA service advisory for D600

Default Re: Nikon USA service advisory for D600

its now worldwide. Free cleaning/replacement for D600 shutter, even if out of warranty.

Check out the Nikon Singapore D600 advisory.

I can't post links as I am too new :-(

Spore nikon web also incl this news. Good for all existing D600 users.

Thankful for the D600 users in America. Heard that they engaged a lawyer to sue Nikon America for defective products.

Nikon should have already done this without making all their customers angry la.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Quote Originally Posted by philipslai View Post
    its now worldwide. Free cleaning/replacement for D600 shutter, even if out of warranty.
    Check out the Nikon Singapore D600 advisory.
    I can't post links as I am too new :-(
    Here you go

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    Thankful for the D600 users in America. Heard that they engaged a lawyer to sue Nikon America for defective products.

Nikon should have already done this without making all their customers angry la.
    They did not engage the lawyer. It is a class action lawsuit, which 99% means the lawyers start the action, asking people to sign up as plaintiffs. Then ask to settle out of court. Lawyers get obscene amounts of money, the rest distributed to many many people who signed up as plaintiffs. Usually, by the time the money is divided up, not much left. This is how some lawyers created jobs for themselves to do to make more $$.

Nikon made a smart move. It put up the recall notice openly. So now the class action has no case.

Case is solved ! No worry to purchase D600 from second hand market from any source or any country, anymore.

Time to hunt D600 from B&S section or even from eBay
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

As Nikon has acknowledged defect on D600 and provide repair of D600 for free even for the set without warranty, not this is the best time to BUY BUY BUY D600.

You can get a Full Frame DSLR camera from eBay, just for $500 only !! You should order yours too !
    They want to ship to Singapore, do not worry about the shipping.

D600 is BUDGET KING !!!
    BUY BUY BUY !! $500 for D600 !! BUY BUY BUY !!

Link to eBay for reference purpose only.
    -link removed-
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th February 2014 at 08:39 AM.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    As Nikon has acknowledged defect on D600 and provide repair of D600 for free even for the set without warranty, not this is the best time to BUY BUY BUY D600.

You can get a Full Frame DSLR camera from eBay, just for $500 only !! You should order yours too !

D600 is BUDGET KING !!!

-link removed-
    $500 is a start bid la.

Will Nikon repair gray set???

Quote Originally Posted by jameslee View Post
    Will Nikon repair gray set???
    Hi James,
    I have good news for you. I have just sent my D600 I got in Australia in for shutter replacement. I stressed to them that the Nikon service advisory on its Singapore website is silent on gray imports so they are going to replace the shutter for free. Also, I got them to send the camera back to me for free, a service that was also stated on the website. It was a straightforward exercise, took under 15 minutes. I was told it would be fixed within 5 working days.

D600 is BUDGET KING !!!

-link removed-
    So you getting one?
    In the eyes of the beholder!

Not wonder I got a free shutter replacement when I went to NSC yesterday with my D600, complaining about shutter issue even when mine is out of warranty.

Unlimited shutter changes for d600 as long as got dust problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Omega23 View Post
    Unlimited shutter changes for d600 as long as got dust problem..
    Yup, unlimited shutter changes.

Quote Originally Posted by MHTing View Post
    Hi James,
    I have good news for you. I have just sent my D600 I got in Australia in for shutter replacement. I stressed to them that the Nikon service advisory on its Singapore website is silent on gray imports so they are going to replace the shutter for free. Also, I got them to send the camera back to me for free, a service that was also stated on the website. It was a straightforward exercise, took under 15 minutes. I was told it would be fixed within 5 working days.
    Also NSC shall accept gray set as well.

That's why I say that Nikon D600 is Budget King.

Quote Originally Posted by homerlikephoto View Post
    Not wonder I got a free shutter replacement when I went to NSC yesterday with my D600, complaining about shutter issue even when mine is out of warranty.
    how long did they say the replacement will take for you? thinking of sending mine in but going to need to use it end of this month. hope they dont take too long to replace it or i will just delay sending mine in

Yup, unlimited shutter changes.

Also NSC shall accept gray set as well.
    That's why I say that Nikon D600 is Budget King.
    Grey set NEW abt $1800, D610 abt $1950..pity too close didnt drop much...

saw HN funan clearing D600 at 1699 last Sat, price posted at camera section. Didnt ask for details.

Quote Originally Posted by paulboh87 View Post
    how long did they say the replacement will take for you? thinking of sending mine in but going to need to use it end of this month. hope they dont take too long to replace it or i will just delay sending mine in
    I sent in my on last friday afternoon, and they called me this morning that it is ready for collection. This is very fast!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    They did not engage the lawyer. It is a class action lawsuit, which 99% means the lawyers start the action, asking people to sign up as plaintiffs. Then ask to settle out of court. Lawyers get obscene amounts of money, the rest distributed to many many people who signed up as plaintiffs. Usually, by the time the money is divided up, not much left. This is how some lawyers created jobs for themselves to do to make more $$.

Nikon made a smart move. It put up the recall notice openly. So now the class action has no case.
    Nikon would never have acknowledged the issue if not for the class action lawsuit.

Three cheers for the greedy American lawyers! Hip, hip, hooray!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast