Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon Capture NX-D

Default Nikon Capture NX-D

Capture NX-D is a free software application that will replace the current Capture NX 2 application. In addition to RAW images, the application can also be used to adjust JPEG and TIFF files.
    Link to download:
    Nikon Capture NX-D download

And it is free !

Primary Features:
    • Adjustment functions specialized for RAW processing, just as they were with the Capture NX series
    • Support for simple adjustment of JPEG and TIFF images
    • Floating palettes that are easy to use with multiple screens
    • A variety of displays, including comparisons of multiple images and adjustment before-and-after images
    • Adoption of a sidecar format that saves original data as non-destructive files
    • Other functions: Filtering functions, batch processing, images can be transferred to another application in 16-bit TIFF format after RAW processing

Today Nikon have reached another milestones for processing and adjusting RAW images captured by Nikon digital cameras !
    Nikon Capture NX-D is the only software that you need to use, if you want your RAW files to have same amazing looked with your JPEG files !
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Thanks. I first thought it was another pay feature from Nikon
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Beta only. It's uncertain if full version will be free. Likely to expire after a set period of time.
    Last edited by diediealsomustdive; 26th February 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Default Re: Nikon Capture NX-D

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    Beta only. It's uncertain if full version will be free. Likely to expire after a set period of time.
    Read the 'review' on DPReview, it states it (NX-D) will be free and after beta it will be released and replaces the NX2.

The users' comments so far have been terrible. Many are saying that it is just SilkyPix in disguise. I hate SilkyPix and it's one of the main reasons why I don't buy Fuji and Panasonic cameras anymore. If it is SilkyPix, I will stick to Capture NX2 and if I have no choice because new Nikon cameras I buy in the future are not supported, then I will use DxO Pro instead. Stupid move, Nikon !

NR doesn't even preview properly on NXD. It does take effect when exported to JPG. On the other hand it is quite responsive.
    D800 | N 50/1.8G | N 24-70/2.8G | T 150-600VC | S 35/1.4DG

Blog Entries

Just tried it... NX-D is unable to open D4s RAW files...

I just try out a bit. I have a feeling that it is similar to View NX2. Is there any additional features that is not available in View NX?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You need NX-D2?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    You need NX-D2?
    Probably the paid version will do. This one is still beta.

Tried it last week with NEF files. I haven't got used to the UI yet. It also generated an extra file for the adjustments I made to the NEF file.

The good part is that it has all the functionalities of View NX2 plus adjustments for noise.
    Last edited by Light Machinery; 4th March 2014 at 05:28 PM.

It also generated an extra file for the adjustments I made to the NEF file.
    This is good...so that the original file is not affected.

Capture NX-D is still under development. Please share your ideas, thought, and request to be applied on the NX-D
    here: http://beta.nikonimglib.com/index.html.en#anc001

NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I m not sure whether I m doing it correctly but I did use the NX-D to convert my raw file to jpeg and posted it here.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    The users' comments so far have been terrible. Many are saying that it is just SilkyPix in disguise. I hate SilkyPix and it's one of the main reasons why I don't buy Fuji and Panasonic cameras anymore. If it is SilkyPix, I will stick to Capture NX2 and if I have no choice because new Nikon cameras I buy in the future are not supported, then I will use DxO Pro instead. Stupid move, Nikon !
    Yup, just another custom Silkypix SE build... It's pretty much the worst of all converters.

Tried to use it, but sure whether it is a viewnx replacement or what ??

Can i change meta data and import files from cam/card??

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Yup, just another custom Silkypix SE build... It's pretty much the worst of all converters.
    Capture NX was based on work by Nik Software. However, Nik was taken over by Google, and doesn't appear to be associated with NX anymore. So Nikon needed to find a new designer, and they chose SilkyPix as a partner.

I really miss the U-point editing system from NX.

If you are not happy, please say it here:
    http://beta.nikonimglib.com/index.html.en#anc001

Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Capture NX was based on work by Nik Software. However, Nik was taken over by Google, and doesn't appear to be associated with NX anymore. So Nikon needed to find a new designer, and they chose SilkyPix as a partner. I really miss the U-point editing system from NX. If you are not happy, please say it here: http://beta.nikonimglib.com/index.html.en#anc001
    It was probably the cheapest solution for them but they missed an opportunity to start from scratch...

hmmm...time to look for chiong version test test

Let see on the positive side that Capture NX2 and View NX2 will still fully support Nikon D3300, D4s, Nikon Df, and the older camera.

Just if you like upgrade and will buy a new series of camera body in the future, time to say goodbye to NX2 !
    Unless Nikon can find another reliable software designer to be partnered with ... ! Then lets move on and live with Silkypix.
    Last edited by jeff7id; 17th September 2014 at 01:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast