The ClubSNAP team attended Nikon's "I AM SPEED" event this afternoon at Kartright Speedway. This event is actually the launch event for D4s. Nikon staff explained the technology behind the new camera and highlighted the improvements over the D4. They also provided several units of D4s for the attendees to try out.
Detailed Specs of the new D4s can be found here:
Summary of new features and improvements over the D4:
- New re-designed 16.2MP sensor.
- ISO from 50 to 409600 (Native ISO 100-25600)
- Re-designed AF module (new "Group area AF mode" as well as faster and more accurate AF tracking)
- New image engine EXPEED 4
- 11 fps continuous shooting in fullframe RAW.
- Brand new RAW S (small RAW), ability to push fps beyond 11fps
- Re-designed mirror box (Better viewing when shooting continuously)
- Ethernet port upgraded to Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Video now supports 1080/60p
You can read up on the new features here: