21st June 2005, 01:39 AM
noob here...took some pic from china...
21st June 2005, 10:29 AM
Here's my 1/2 cents worth of comment. Hope you don't get offended.
1. Not sure what the subject is, since the candle and flame is out of focus. the BG very confusing/messy
2. This picture might have worked better without the standpipe and white trough as they break the geometrical shape of the tap. Perhaps a diffrent angle?
3. This is, in my opinion, the best of the lot, for its simplicity. But somehow it lacks a little harsher lighting to bring out the shapes. without more modeling, the pic somehow looks flat.
4. This pic somehow doesn't do anything for me. Don't know how to comment.
5. If I am not mistaken, you were trying to use the outter hexagon to emphasize the repetitive nature of the background? I feel that the 'subject' due to its flatness does not generate interest. IMO the inner shapes with the shadows would generate more interest.
6. This one looks like snapshot to me. Entire pic to messy for my taste.
7. This would have been a great silhouette of not for the background.
8. This one is quite nice, but should PS to bring down the overall contrast of the pic. Maybe its my screen, but I can seem to locate the point of focus. Is it the plant? or maybe slight camera shake?