Thread: Storage Device for my photo

Default Storage Device for my photo

I just bought a Lumix digital camera and have took some photo during my trip to taiwan. I want to transfer my photo from the SD card to an external device. Can anyone advise me where can I get this device and what brand to look for. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chickenrat
    I just bought a Lumix digital camera and have took some photo during my trip to taiwan. I want to transfer my photo from the SD card to an external device. Can anyone advise me where can I get this device and what brand to look for. Thanks
    Hi.

How about this?

Quote Originally Posted by chickenrat
    What kind of external storage device you are refering? HDD? Memory card? One common interface is USB and this should be easily available.
    Last edited by yapel; 20th June 2005 at 08:39 PM.

Default External hard drive

How about external hard drive 200G type might be value for $ or a smaller one 80 G 2.5' cost $250, Brand,size makes a diff. Also can store media centre device etc however cost much higher.

Default Hdd

External hard disk now very cheap. However it also depends on yr requirement. I recommend 80G 2.5' HDD. Somewhere around $200.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Hi.

How about this?
    chickenrat - not sure what your requirements are, but the compactdrive is a good portable transfer-storage device. before you fork out the cash for the drive (and never use it again after the trip), consider buying another (higher memory) SD card, which might be prove more useful and economical.

Default Storage Device

Thanks for the reply.

Adam I view the website that you link but advise from my friend is that not to get ext. device using Alkaline Battery as I am a forgetful person. If I forget to take out the battery when not in use for a long time the battery might leaks and the device is not cover under warranty due to this fault. She advise me to get a device with li-ion battery like the X's Drive products.

What I need is 40gb HDD in it and may be have MP3 function or FM tuner. She forward me a link which the company have this products. Will go down to see this weekend.