Old thread getting a bit long, so started a new one here. :bsmile:
Many thanks to ykia for his contribution
Star Trail Shoot at Punggol Jetty
Date: 25~26 Jun 05
Start time: 6pm, meet at Punggol MRT station, nearest exit facing bus interchange.
We will then make our way for dinner nearby and then to the jetty.
End time: Approx 5am. Depending on ppl's energy level/weather, maybe overnite if no/litte clouds. Keep tracking the weather at www.nea.gov.sg.
1. Camera (digital/film ok, better results with film, slides the best, try to get iso 100 or slower).
2. Small torch.
4. Cable/Remote release is good to have, but if you have a self-timer button, it can work, too. Be sure you test it out (and the mirror lockup) at home first as it's going to be tough to fiddle in the dark.
5. Lens: WA or 50mm ok. Don't forget the hood.
6. Digital users: Extra fully charged battery.
7. Flash to light up the foreground.
8. Lens warmer to reduce condensation. (need Dennis/Icarus to explain)
9. Insect repellent, drinks, something to sit on.
A bus stop is located 200m from the jetty so it will be a good t-shelter. Also, there is a 24hr Kopi Tiam at Punggol Central. We can hang there until the rain dies down.
And here's the sign-up sheet:
08. code (meeting us later at the jetty)