Thread: Clarke Quay shots

Default Clarke Quay shots

Juz some pics i took over the weekend.. comments welcomed

For both images, can try shooting earlier in the evening to catch more details of the buildings. Now the lights on the buildings look like they are floating. For the first image, the black patch on the bottom left corner has to go if possible. Composition of the second image is good.

I like the "fast forward" effect in the 2nd pic

Nice shots. Got nice patch of Arsenal colours in the first shot. Care to share your settings(f-stop,shutter,wb) and camera used. The images are nice and clear.

Originally posted by Kit
    For both images, can try shooting earlier in the evening to catch more details of the buildings. Now the lights on the buildings look like they are floating. For the first image, the black patch on the bottom left corner has to go if possible. Composition of the second image is good.
    yeah actually i wanted to shoot earlier one to get a nice blue sky but the prob is the lights on the building on the right only lit up at 7.30. agree with u on the first pic....dun think it could have been prevented from where i was. have to go back and check if its possible.

I like the "fast forward" effect in the 2nd pic
    thanks! this shot has been attempted alot of times by others. juz wanna try it for myself.

Nice shots. Got nice patch of Arsenal colours in the first shot. Care to share your settings(f-stop,shutter,wb) and camera used. The images are nice and clear.
    hee ...arsenal colors? wats that?

Ever tried double exposure? Here's what I've been experimenting with. Set up your camera at the spot before the sunset. Take one shot of the scene just before the sunset when you can still see the building details. Usually, I shoot this first exposure with -1 to -2 stop. Then when the lights come on, take the second exposure with about 4 to 6 seconds exposure time to catch the night lights. You might not succeed the first time. Takes a bit of practice. I've been trying this too.

hmm thanks.. tot of it too but didn't try.
    will hav to look up on ps double exposure techniques though