Thread: HELP!!! Photoshop color problem after POST PROCESS

Default HELP!!! Photoshop color problem after POST PROCESS

Hi Guys,

I need your help, I encountered a problem in photoshop.

After I post -process my photos and when I view in Windows Photo Viewer, the color of the photo when (full screen is different from what I process) (normal view is alright).

Anyone know how to fix this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP!!! Photoshop color problem after POST PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralApex View Post
    Hi Guys,

I need your help, I encountered a problem in photoshop.

After I post -process my photos and when I view in Windows Photo Viewer, the color of the photo when (full screen is different from what I process) (normal view is alright).

Anyone know how to fix this?
    What color space did you process your photos in? Try to use sRGB.

Also, Windows photo viewer is not color managed, unlike photoshop or firefox.

Do include the ICC profile when saving the results and use a picture viewer that can handle such information.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    What color space did you process your photos in? Try to use sRGB.

Also, Windows photo viewer is not color managed, unlike photoshop or firefox.
    Thanks, i will try it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Do include the ICC profile when saving the results and use a picture viewer that can handle such information.
    Thanks, i tried this with check and without check(ICC profile), outcome is, if i view (in normal is wrong color, full screen correct color). or either way.

Are you using any monitor calibrators? (e.g colormunki, spyder)

Because I faced the same issue when I used the color profile that was calibrated with a different setting...
    Last edited by iguanavon; 18th February 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Guys I still can't solve the problem. Is my camera color setting problem or photoshop? I tried ProPhoto RGB, sRGB and Monitor RGB. all don't work. When I view in just double click its color is exactly what I process, but once full screen or slide show its totally different.

Guys I still can't solve the problem. Is my camera color setting problem or photoshop? I tried ProPhoto RGB, sRGB and Monitor RGB. all don't work. When I view in just double click its color is exactly what I process, but once full screen or slide show its totally different.
    Did you check your monitor's color profile? Right click anywhere on the desktop and select "screen resolution" and go to the "color management" tab... Check what color profile are you using...

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Are you using any monitor calibrators? (e.g colormunki, spyder)

Because I faced the same issue when I used the color profile that was calibrated with a different setting...
    Hi, i'm not using any of them, but the problem is my old photos doesn't have such problem. Might consider to get when its needed. Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by GeneralApex; 19th February 2014 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Did you check your monitor's color profile? Right click anywhere on the desktop and select "screen resolution" and go to the "color management" tab... Check what color profile are you using...
    I try it out tonight, but once i check what do i need to do next?

Btw, i yesterday checked my camera setting for color space is adobe. Is this the cause of the problem too?

Hi, i'm not using any of them.
    Then this is your point to start. It seems PS uses some default profile, with calibration the profile will match your screen and the colour rendering reflects technical reality.
    EOS

Color profile in camera only work on jpg. If you shoot raw only, color profile can be set and only be set at the post.
    Get a monitor calibrator.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Thanks guys, i will go get one. but is there any place recommend to get? and how do i use it to match photoshop and monitor?

Thanks guys, i will go get one. but is there any place recommend to get? and how do i use it to match photoshop and monitor?
    Where: Check the list of photographic shops (price guides), I remember seeing it in TK Photo.
    How: Follow the instructions of the calibration software. Afterwards, make sure to always use the colour profile created for your computer / screen combination. Do not apply any vendor profile or default stuff from your OS. Drop all programs that are not colour managed, no point using them.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Where: Check the list of photographic shops (price guides), I remember seeing it in TK Photo.
    How: Follow the instructions of the calibration software. Afterwards, make sure to always use the colour profile created for your computer / screen combination. Do not apply any vendor profile or default stuff from your OS. Drop all programs that are not colour managed, no point using them.
    Thanks bro for the prompt reply. i reply the result after i got it.

i got 3 question,

1)if i get the datacolor spyder and calibrate, will my windows photo viewer still have such problem?

2)Or should i download others picture viewer? if its so, what software is recommended?

3)In Photoshop, color settings: what should i choose?
    Last edited by GeneralApex; 19th February 2014 at 04:09 PM.

1)if i get the datacolor spyder and calibrate, will my windows photo viewer still have such problem?
    2)Or should i download others picture viewer? if its so, what software is recommended?
    1) Yes, might even be worse. It's an issue of this program. Have a look at this website and try for yourself with different browsers:
    http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_...Gprofiles.html
    2) Yes. For more details have a look at section "Features" further down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari..._image_viewers
    3) Use colour space sRGB or any higher one (although with consumer equipment we won't see the difference anyway). All exports should be done using sRGB unless your next partner / print lab can use the other (wider) colour space.
    Do not use any specific monitor profiles in Photoshop.
    EOS

Thanks bro for the prompt reply. i reply the result after i got it.

i got 3 question,

1, use only image viewer software that support color management.

2, the image viewer software come with your camera supports color management, it is free and good.

3, for color space, depends on your final output, for lab print, web use, save files in sRGB jpg, for design house, give them in Adobe RGB tiff. give CYMK only when somebody know what they want and ask for it
    Last edited by catchlights; 19th February 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Thanks guys, i solved the problem. Somehow is about the color settings screw up in PS, i set it to Prophoto RGB and sRGBxxxxx, US web xxx, 20% gray, 20%..., and turn out to be ok now. sorry i didn't type out full as i not at home now.

Btw,1 question.

1) >Save As< and >Save For Web<, what's the different between them?